Wordle thread #7

xyzzy

May 29, 2022, 9:15:20β€―AM5/29/22
The last one was getting awkward to read.

Wordle 344 3/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 88/100
Luck 64/100

--
β€œI usually skip over your posts because of your disguistng, contrarian,
liberal personality.” β€” Altie

unclejr

May 29, 2022, 11:05:17β€―PM5/29/22
Wordle 344 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 88/100
Luck 42/100

Tim VanWagoner

May 30, 2022, 5:32:01β€―AM5/30/22
On Sunday, May 29, 2022 at 8:15:20 AM UTC-5, xyzzy wrote:
Wordle 345 4/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

May 30, 2022, 8:41:56β€―PM5/30/22
Wordle 345 2/6*

⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 99/100
Luck 90/100

xyzzy

May 31, 2022, 7:36:44β€―AM5/31/22

xyzzy

May 31, 2022, 7:38:33β€―AM5/31/22
That’s awesome. Who wants to follow that?

Wordle 346 3/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 80/100
Luck 60/100

According to the bot the national average is 81 and 60 so I’m very average.

unclejr

May 31, 2022, 9:07:56β€―AM5/31/22
It was literally the only word I could think of.

Wordle 346 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 99/100
Luck 65/100

xyzzy

Jun 1, 2022, 8:17:33β€―AM6/1/22

xyzzy

Jun 1, 2022, 8:18:05β€―AM6/1/22
Bad luck on guess #3

Wordle 347 4/6

πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 91/100
Luck 53/100

Tim VanWagoner

Jun 1, 2022, 1:04:45β€―PM6/1/22
Worse luck.

Wordle 347 5/6*

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jun 1, 2022, 9:09:27β€―PM6/1/22
Me too. Probably the same guess. Wordle 347 4/6*

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 87/100
Luck 60/100

xyzzy

Jun 2, 2022, 7:35:09β€―AM6/2/22
For #2 as well

xyzzy

Jun 2, 2022, 7:35:47β€―AM6/2/22
xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The last one was getting awkward to read.
>
> Wordle 344 3/6

> 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
>
> WordleBot
> Skill 88/100
> Luck 64/100

Wordle 348 3/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 95/100
Luck 62/100

JGibson

Jun 2, 2022, 7:40:33β€―AM6/2/22
Wordle 348 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Skill: 79
Luck: 57

unclejr

Jun 2, 2022, 7:04:54β€―PM6/2/22
My WordleBot is borked. NYT has stopped letting me access it.

Wordle 348 4/6*

🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

xyzzy

Jun 3, 2022, 7:06:42β€―AM6/3/22

xyzzy

Jun 3, 2022, 7:07:03β€―AM6/3/22
Today’s was easy (according to the bot it’s solved in 3.3 guesses on
average).

Wordle 349 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 87/100
Luck 83/100

Tim VanWagoner

Jun 4, 2022, 10:50:01β€―AM6/4/22
Wordle 350 3/6*

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jun 4, 2022, 12:19:18β€―PM6/4/22
Wordle 350 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

xyzzy

Jun 4, 2022, 4:50:38β€―PM6/4/22
Wordle 350 3/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 92/100
Luck 57/100

unclejr

Jun 5, 2022, 8:10:14β€―PM6/5/22
Wordle 351 3/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jun 5, 2022, 10:11:15β€―PM6/5/22
One post (now two if you include this one) on RSFC today, Sunday, 6/5. This place is a ghost town.

unclejr

Jun 6, 2022, 5:16:06β€―AM6/6/22
On Sunday, June 5, 2022 at 7:10:14 PM UTC-5, unclejr wrote:
Wordle 352 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

xyzzy

Jun 6, 2022, 7:02:01β€―AM6/6/22

xyzzy

Jun 6, 2022, 7:03:44β€―AM6/6/22
Because of a Newstap bug that eats my replies to your Wordle posts, the
number of posts to this group is significantly boosted today. Heh.

Wordle 352 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 91/100
Luck 28/100

My first guess got a luck score of 4. The β€˜bot says that’s the lowest
possible score for that guess.

JGibson

Jun 6, 2022, 10:23:35β€―AM6/6/22
Low skill and low luck today

Wordle 352 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 69/100
Luck 33/100

Of course, my 0 skill on guess 5 (perfectly valid word) cost me a lot in my skill score.

xyzzy

Jun 7, 2022, 7:30:13β€―AM6/7/22
Second day in a row that my opening word hit no letters and got a luck
score of 4. My third guess got a luck score of 13. In fact my first three
guesses got identical results today as yesterday (the first two words are
the same both days, the third is not).

Wordle 353 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 76/100
Luck 35/100

JGibson

Jun 7, 2022, 8:58:48β€―AM6/7/22
After being criticized by WordleBot for yesterday's guesses, I actually followed its advice for word 3:

Wordle 353 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 99/100
Luck 36/100

My opening word got a luck score of 9.

unclejr

Jun 7, 2022, 8:07:52β€―PM6/7/22
Wordle 353 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

xyzzy

Jun 8, 2022, 6:43:37β€―AM6/8/22
Opened strong, hit the Wordle trap.

Wordle 354 5/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 84/100
Luck 52/100

unclejr

Jun 8, 2022, 7:57:24β€―AM6/8/22
Wordle 354 3/6*

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

JGibson

Jun 8, 2022, 8:51:56β€―AM6/8/22
Wordle 354 3/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 97/100
Luck 75/100

unclejr

Jun 9, 2022, 9:41:58β€―AM6/9/22
Wordle 355 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟩🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jun 10, 2022, 6:03:55β€―PM6/10/22
Wordle 356 4/6*

⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

xyzzy

Jun 10, 2022, 7:37:08β€―PM6/10/22
Wordle 356 3/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 73/100
Luck 74/100

unclejr

Jun 11, 2022, 8:25:58β€―PM6/11/22
Beware of the Wordle trap. Wordle 357 5/6*

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

xyzzy

Jun 11, 2022, 9:31:39β€―PM6/11/22
Yeah I got lucky to get out of it with two guesses.

Wordle 357 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 84/100
Luck 50/100

unclejr

Jun 13, 2022, 4:20:05β€―PM6/13/22
Wordle 359 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric Ramon

Jun 15, 2022, 2:28:34β€―PM6/15/22
Dear Sirs,

I must protest your word for 6/15/22. I don't believe it's an acceptable word. Please send me a case of beer.

unclejr

Jun 15, 2022, 7:35:12β€―PM6/15/22
It's in the dictionary. Wordle 361 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric Ramon

Jun 16, 2022, 1:07:05β€―PM6/16/22
Wordle 362 2/6*

⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I can't use wordlebot anymore. I get a thing that says I've used up my NY Times free articles.

unclejr

Jun 17, 2022, 9:00:42β€―AM6/17/22
Me neither. "You’ve reached your limit of free articles."

Wordle 363 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jun 19, 2022, 12:10:55β€―AM6/19/22
Wordle 364 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jun 19, 2022, 8:48:35β€―PM6/19/22
Wordle 365 3/6*

🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jun 20, 2022, 9:10:57β€―PM6/20/22
Wordle 366 3/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟨⬜🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jun 21, 2022, 9:43:20β€―AM6/21/22
Wordle 367 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric Ramon

Jun 21, 2022, 1:56:04β€―PM6/21/22
I like how you're holding down the thread. I still play but I'm more into online jigsaw puzzles these days. There's something satisfying about the snap sound when pieces connect. I wish life were like that. You do something right and "click".

unclejr

Jun 21, 2022, 2:01:54β€―PM6/21/22
I agree. I hear that sound every time 'SC gets a new 4-5* recruit!

Eric Ramon

Jun 21, 2022, 5:18:41β€―PM6/21/22

Eric Ramon

Jun 21, 2022, 5:19:00β€―PM6/21/22
hey-o!

unclejr

Jun 22, 2022, 9:33:33β€―AM6/22/22
Wordle 368 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jun 24, 2022, 6:45:18β€―PM6/24/22
Wordle 370 3/6*

🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jun 25, 2022, 4:19:16β€―PM6/25/22
Wordle 371 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

JGibson

Jun 26, 2022, 9:56:52β€―PM6/26/22
Today's was very amenable to my first guess:

Wordle 372 2/6

🟩🟩⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jun 27, 2022, 8:35:47β€―AM6/27/22
Wordle 373 4/6*

⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jun 28, 2022, 8:23:41β€―AM6/28/22
Wordle 374 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jun 29, 2022, 7:43:33β€―PM6/29/22
Wordle 375 6/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric Ramon

Jun 29, 2022, 8:38:23β€―PM6/29/22
I don't care anymore about how many it takes. I just want to keep doing it until I get 100 in a row. But yeah, this was tricky and I also took 6.

xyzzy

Jun 29, 2022, 9:58:51β€―PM6/29/22
I’m still doing Wordle but I’m not enjoying it as much and it is starting
to feel like an obligation.

Anyway I biffed on today’s and wasn’t really trying that hard anyway so
maybe it’s my clue to quit.

Wordle 375 X/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©

unclejr

Jun 30, 2022, 9:37:12β€―AM6/30/22
My third guess was "BITCH." Wordle 376 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 2, 2022, 9:32:29β€―PM7/2/22
Wordle 378 4/6*

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟨🟨🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 3, 2022, 10:32:17β€―AM7/3/22
Wordle 379 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 4, 2022, 8:56:59β€―AM7/4/22
Today was a Wordle trap. Wordle 380 5/6*

🟩⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric Ramon

Jul 4, 2022, 3:49:27β€―PM7/4/22
I think I know your 3rd word but not sure about the 4th. My 3rd was an anagram of the actual word so, seeing as how I had all 5 letters, got in on the 4th.

unclejr

Jul 6, 2022, 9:28:23β€―AM7/6/22
Wordle 382 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric Ramon

Jul 6, 2022, 1:09:22β€―PM7/6/22
5 for me today.

unclejr

Jul 6, 2022, 7:37:10β€―PM7/6/22
One letter used three times is not normal.

unclejr

Jul 8, 2022, 9:27:10β€―AM7/8/22
Wordle 384 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric Ramon

Jul 9, 2022, 12:56:19β€―PM7/9/22
can't do wordlebot but I bet my "luck" score would be 99.

Wordle 385 2/6*

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 9, 2022, 9:18:45β€―PM7/9/22
I fell into a major Wordle trap. Wordle 385 4/6*

🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric Ramon

Jul 10, 2022, 1:27:39β€―AM7/10/22
you should not steam steak, but broil it instead

unclejr

Jul 10, 2022, 8:03:21β€―PM7/10/22
Wordle 386 3/6*

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 11, 2022, 11:17:08β€―PM7/11/22
Pulled one out of my hat. Wordle 387 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 12, 2022, 9:23:55β€―AM7/12/22
Wordle 388 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 13, 2022, 9:31:14β€―AM7/13/22
Wordle 389 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 14, 2022, 10:10:44β€―AM7/14/22
Wordle 390 3/6*

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric Ramon

Jul 14, 2022, 11:45:53β€―AM7/14/22
I found today's difficult enough that I thought I might lose. I had letters 2, 4, and 5 and you know there are many possibilities there! I got it in 5.

unclejr

Jul 14, 2022, 1:01:41β€―PM7/14/22
My 2nd word was RELIC. That kept me out of that particular Wordle trap.

unclejr

Jul 19, 2022, 12:17:04β€―PM7/19/22
Haven't played in a while. I've been busy. An "eagle" for me today. Wordle 395 2/6*

⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric Ramon

Jul 19, 2022, 1:44:02β€―PM7/19/22
I tapped in for a birdie

unclejr

Jul 20, 2022, 12:14:02β€―PM7/20/22
Back to par for me. Wordle 396 4/6*

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 21, 2022, 9:27:08β€―AM7/21/22
Par. Wordle 397 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 22, 2022, 11:13:28β€―PM7/22/22
Birdie! Wordle 398 3/6*

🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 24, 2022, 9:02:23β€―AM7/24/22
Wordle 400 5/6*

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Eric Ramon

Jul 24, 2022, 12:35:39β€―PM7/24/22
I'm gonna quit now. I fell into the trap, having the 2nd, 4th, and 5th letters and then trying this and that and didn't make it. So now my streak is at zero. I was going to stop when I got to 100. Now I'm rejecting the Sisyphus role...or roll.

unclejr

Jul 24, 2022, 12:44:13β€―PM7/24/22
I had JOKER on my 4th guess.

Eric Ramon

Jul 24, 2022, 5:18:27β€―PM7/24/22
That would have eliminated my 6th

JGibson

Jul 25, 2022, 9:19:07β€―AM7/25/22
Wordle 401 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

WordleBot
Skill 88/100
Luck 35/100

unclejr

Jul 25, 2022, 9:43:52β€―AM7/25/22
Wordle 401 4/6*

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 26, 2022, 9:59:28β€―AM7/26/22
Wordle 402 4/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 27, 2022, 10:25:09β€―AM7/27/22
Wordle 403 4/6*

⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 29, 2022, 9:29:06β€―AM7/29/22
Wordle 405 4/6*

🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr

Jul 30, 2022, 7:24:48β€―PM7/30/22
A total stab in the dark. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Wordle 406 3/6*

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

unclejr