H. Boswell's campaign to put 10-3-39 into 10-3-39 sinks into 10-3-39

Usenet's Bloopers & Practical Jokes!

Dec 19, 2001, 6:26:31 PM12/19/01

<gp>

mak
(alsø alsø wik)

"It just feels good to beat Texas Tech at their homecoming."--Kansas's
Mario Kinsey

"If Bobby Ross had been the captain of the Titanic, he would have been
the first one in the lifeboats. The guy's a liar and a loser, and
that's the way I look at it."--Chicago Bears QB Jim Miller

Bill Marcum

Dec 20, 2001, 3:46:45 AM12/20/01
Worst long distance ad ever!!

Usenet's Bloopers & Practical Jokes! wrote in message
<10398-3C...@storefull-164.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

The Original Archie Leach

Dec 20, 2001, 1:16:23 PM12/20/01
"Bill Marcum" <bma...@iglou.com> wrote in message news:<3c21a...@news.iglou.com>...

> Worst long distance ad ever!!
>
> Usenet's Bloopers & Practical Jokes! wrote in message
> <10398-3C...@storefull-164.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...
>
> <gp>

1.) Deine newsreader ist kaputt!

2.) 10-3-39 isn't a long-distance company code (although I suppose it
could be); it's a rec.sport.football.college catchphrase of sorts,
that refers back to a post made a long, long time ago about the Texas
Longhorns beating the University of Texas A and M 42-10. Following
that game, an old Aggee fan by the name of Theodore M. Smith posted a
legendary article with the subject header of "Texas A and M 10, Texas
3, Referees 39", presumably because he figured the refs gave the
Bovines 39 of their 42 points.

Since then, "10-3-39" has been used in rec.sport.football.college as a
synonym for closure or death or whatever.

The subject of this post refers to another rsfc regular, Harry
Boswell, who in vain has tried to phase out the usage of "10-3-39", by
declaring it a "dead schtick". This has not been received in RSFC
with anything resembling enthusiasm, as this disastrous attempt to
grab power and clout by the aforementoined Boswell will most likely
indefinitely postpone what would have been a pretty automatic election
into RSFC's Hall of Fame (voted annually, along with the RSFC Awards,
also known as the "Vijays".)

In fact, I'm pretty sure even Paul Hanlin will be voted into the RSFC
HoF before such a petty interloper as this Harry Boswell character.

mak

Harry Boswell

Dec 20, 2001, 2:15:06 PM12/20/01
Och! master_b...@hotmail.com , did ye mean to bluster so in
<b0fc426a.01122...@posting.google.com>:

>In fact, I'm pretty sure even Paul Hanlin will be voted into the RSFC
>HoF before such a petty interloper as this Harry Boswell character.

You're a nasty little bitch, yes you are Archie Leach, a nasty little
bitch!!

lein

Dec 20, 2001, 4:51:25 PM12/20/01
master_b...@hotmail.com (The Original Archie Leach) wrote in message news:<b0fc426a.01122...@posting.google.com>...

> "Bill Marcum" <bma...@iglou.com> wrote in message news:<3c21a...@news.iglou.com>...
> > Worst long distance ad ever!!
> >
> > Usenet's Bloopers & Practical Jokes! wrote in message
> > <10398-3C...@storefull-164.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...
> >
> > <gp>
> >

> 1.) Deine newsreader ist kaputt!
>
> 2.) 10-3-39 isn't a long-distance company code (although I suppose it
> could be); it's a rec.sport.football.college catchphrase of sorts,
> that refers back to a post made a long, long time ago about the Texas
> Longhorns beating the University of Texas A and M 42-10. Following
> that game, an old Aggee fan by the name of Theodore M. Smith posted a
> legendary article with the subject header of "Texas A and M 10, Texas
> 3, Referees 39", presumably because he figured the refs gave the
> Bovines 39 of their 42 points.

You failed rsfc history. Go see

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:rec.sport.football.college+insubject:Officials+insubject:39&hl=en&as_drrb=b&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=20&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=1995&rnum=2&selm=48dlc4%24nkp%40bcrkh13.bnr.ca

--
John Leinaweaver

Usenet's Bloopers & Practical Jokes!

Dec 20, 2001, 6:11:05 PM12/20/01
Harry Boswell wrote:

> > In fact, I'm pretty sure even Paul Hanlin will
> > be voted into the RSFC HoF before such a
> > petty interloper as this Harry Boswell
> > character.
>
> You're a nasty little bitch, yes you are Archie
> Leach, a nasty little bitch!!

Just like Tom Izzo says, "You're a nasty little bitch, yes you are Tommy
Amaker, a nasty little bitch!!"

mak

Usenet's Bloopers & Practical Jokes!

Dec 20, 2001, 6:14:27 PM12/20/01
lein wrote:

> > 1.) Deine newsreader ist kaputt!
> >
> > 2.) 10-3-39 isn't a long-distance company
> > code (although I suppose it could be); it's a
> > rec.sport.football.college catchphrase of
> > sorts, that refers back to a post made a
> > long, long time ago about the Texas
> > Longhorns beating the University of Texas
> > A and M 42-10. Following that game, an old > > Aggee fan by the name
of Theodore M.
> > Smith posted a legendary article with the
> > subject header of "Texas A and M 10,
> > Texas 3, Referees 39", presumably
> > because he figured the refs gave the
> > Bovines 39 of their 42 points.
>
> You failed rsfc history. Go see

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:rec.sport.football.college+insubject:Officials+insubject:39&hl=en&as_drrb=b&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=20&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=1995&rnum=2&selm=48dlc4%24nkp%40bcrkh13.bnr.ca

Spoil sport.

Toby Drake

May 23, 2023, 9:56:24 AM5/23/23
who are you? (1$)