Google Groups no longer supports new Usenet posts or subscriptions. Historical content remains viewable.
Dismiss

Penn State's Uniforms

0 views
Skip to first unread message

Joseph E Gaugler

unread,
Apr 18, 1993, 6:19:06 PM4/18/93
to
Texas teams don't exactly have "knock your socks" off uniforms,
either (except for Texas A&M, of course).

Joe Gaugler

YEEEEEEHAAAAAWWW!

-- NewsGrazer, a NeXTstep(tm) news reader, posting --
M>UQR=&8P7&%N<VE[7&9O;G1T8FQ<9C!<9FYI;"!4:6UE<RU2;VUA;CM]"EQM
M87)G;#$R,`I<;6%R9W(Q,C`*7'!A<F1<='@Y-C!<='@Q.3(P7'1X,C@X,%QT
M>#,X-#!<='@T.#`P7'1X-3<V,%QT>#8W,C!<='@W-C@P7'1X.#8T,%QT>#DV
M,#!<9C!<8C!<:3!<=6PP7&9S,C@@5&5X87,@=&5A;7,@9&]N)W0@97AA8W1L
M>2!H879E(")K;F]C:R!Y;W5R('-O8VMS(B!O9F8@=6YI9F]R;7,L(&5I=&AE
M<B`H97AC97!T(&9O<B!497AA<R!!)DTL(&]F(&-O=7)S92DN7`I<"DIO92!'
>875G;&5R7`I<"EE%145%145(04%!04%75U<A"GT*
`

Glenn Tanner

unread,
Apr 18, 1993, 6:58:22 PM4/18/93
to
mora.gac.edu!jgaugler (Joseph E Gaugler) writes:

>Texas teams don't exactly have "knock your socks" off uniforms,
>either (except for Texas A&M, of course).

PUUUUUUH-LEEEEEEZE!!!!!

You may be correct about the Cows (burnt orange and denim looks awful, BTW)
and those hideous Tech jerseys, but for pure elegant splendor, no school's
uniforms surpasses those of Southern Methodist University.

GT

(now if only they had some football players to put inside them.)

Char Aznabul

unread,
Apr 18, 1993, 7:50:50 PM4/18/93
to
In article <1qsmee...@shelley.u.washington.edu>
tan...@hardy.u.washington.edu (Glenn Tanner) writes:

[about SMU - Sacrifical Methodist University - where there's method
to our sacrifices! deleted]

+ (now if only they had some football players to put inside them.)

I understand you can get Montana cheap.

James - even if he was a fighing frenchy...

Gary W Smith

unread,
Apr 21, 1993, 5:04:03 PM4/21/93
to
In article <93111.124...@psuvm.psu.edu> Christopher Luckenbill <CXL...@psuvm.psu.edu> writes:
->******* POSTING FROM A FRIEND'S ACCOUNT *******
-> *BLASPHEMY!!!!* *HERESY!!!!* *IT WILL -NEVER- HAPPEN!!!!*
-> /\
-> Phillip W. Trach _____ / \
-> Proud to be a member of | | | | | |
-> the Pennsylvania | | | | |
-> State |_____| |____ | |
-> University | | | |
-> Marching | | | |
-> Blue | | |____|
-> Band \ /
-> 90-91, 91-92, 92-93 \/
->(Chris Luckenbill agrees with me here.)

Hmmm...

psuvm, posting from someone elses acct., 12 line sig., big ugly ascii letters,
pennhead band, caps, exclamation marks...

8.7 on the goober scale.

The only major deduction was for the absence of joepa. Being from pennhead U,
a mention of his royal gooberness is mandatory.

- goober (minor deduction for not mentioning how great ibm was) smith

Richard Donovan

unread,
Apr 22, 1993, 9:44:23 AM4/22/93
to
The Longhorns have ugly uniforms???!!! I think not! Let us
remember... God is a Longhorn. Why else would he make the
sunset burnt orange? The aggies new uniforms make them look
like large plums....talk about ugly!

Hook 'Em!

Rick Donovan

"I've got a Caribbean soul I can barely control,
and some Texas hidden here in my heart."
- J. Buffett a

Jim A. Andrews

unread,
Apr 22, 1993, 10:03:04 AM4/22/93
to
In article <1993Apr22.1...@b15news.b15.ingr.com> rtdo...@b15news.b15.ingr.com (Richard Donovan) writes:
>The Longhorns have ugly uniforms???!!! I think not! Let us
>remember... God is a Longhorn. Why else would he make the
>sunset burnt orange? The aggies new uniforms make them look
>like large plums....talk about ugly!
>
>Hook 'Em!
>
>Rick Donovan

Uh-oh, Rick. Now you did it. Just yesterday I heard some aggie saying
"God is an aggie. Why else would he make festering wounds maroon?"

Gary W Smith

unread,
Apr 22, 1993, 10:25:53 AM4/22/93
to
In article <1993Apr22....@chpc.utexas.edu> eza...@chpc.utexas.edu (Jim A. Andrews) writes:
->In article <1993Apr22.1...@b15news.b15.ingr.com> rtdo...@b15news.b15.ingr.com (Richard Donovan) writes:
->>The Longhorns have ugly uniforms???!!! I think not! Let us
->>remember... God is a Longhorn. Why else would he make the
->>sunset burnt orange? The aggies new uniforms make them look
->>like large plums....talk about ugly!
->Uh-oh, Rick. Now you did it. Just yesterday I heard some aggie saying
->"God is an aggie. Why else would he make festering wounds maroon?"

I would reply but I'm too busy eating my hamburger.

- goober (here bevo bevo bevo) smith

Paul Conditt

unread,
Apr 22, 1993, 10:45:59 AM4/22/93
to
>The Longhorns have ugly uniforms???!!! I think not! Let us
>remember... God is a Longhorn. Why else would he make the
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is not only blasphemy, it is totally fals. When I open my Bible
to II Ecclesaistes 4:18, it talks about what happened after the 7 days
of creation. This is when Satan took over and made the sunset burnt
orange. It was originally intended to be red and black. I have a
.gif file that proves that Longhorns are actually Satanists. I can
post it or send it to you if you like.

>sunset burnt orange? The aggies new uniforms make them look
>like large plums....talk about ugly!

Or large carrots?


>
>Hook 'Em!
>
>Rick Donovan
>
>"I've got a Caribbean soul I can barely control,
>and some Texas hidden here in my heart."
>- J. Buffett a


===============================================================================
Paul Conditt Internet: con...@titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu
Applied Research Phone: (512) 835-3422 FAX: (512) 835-3416/3259
Laboratories Fedex: 10000 Burnet Road, Austin, Texas 78758-4423
University of Texas Postal: P.O. Box 8029, Austin, Texas 78713-8029
Austin, Texas <----- the most wonderful place in Texas to live


TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
TTT TTT TTT
TTT
TTTTTTTTTTTTT Texas Tech Lady Raiders
TT TTT TT 1992-93 SWC Champions
TTT 1992-93 NCAA National Champions
TTT
TTTTTTT

Scott Harper

unread,
Apr 22, 1993, 12:25:09 PM4/22/93
to
...and imagine how painful it must be to be beaten regularly
by a bunch of festering plum-wounds...
--
Scott Harper Optical Data Systems, Inc.
sc...@ods.com 1101 E. Arapaho Road
(214) 234-6400 Richardson, TX 75081

Jody Hagins

unread,
Apr 23, 1993, 9:57:40 AM4/23/93
to
In article <1993Apr22.1...@b15news.b15.ingr.com>, rtdo...@b15news.b15.ingr.com (Richard Donovan) writes:
*> The Longhorns have ugly uniforms???!!! I think not! Let us
*> remember... God is a Longhorn. Why else would he make the
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
*> sunset burnt orange? The aggies new uniforms make them look
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
*> like large plums....talk about ugly!


To go along with the sun which has set over Longhorn football, I
presume.


*>
*> Hook 'Em!
*>
*> Rick Donovan
*>
*> "I've got a Caribbean soul I can barely control,
*> and some Texas hidden here in my heart."
*> - J. Buffett a

--
Jody Hagins -- hag...@avlin8.us.dg.com
Data General Corporation, Linthicum, MD

Rock, River, Tree, Mastodon.

harbison

unread,
Apr 25, 1993, 9:20:31 PM4/25/93
to
> The Longhorns have ugly uniforms???!!! I think not! Let us
> remember... God is a Longhorn. Why else would he make the
> sunset burnt orange? The aggies new uniforms make them look
> like large plums....talk about ugly!

Nice try, bevo-breath! If you read the good book, you'd know that He
is really an Alabama fan. Given for your consideration:

``Then I said unto them, what is the high place whereunto ye go?
And the name thereof is called Bama unto this day.'' - Ezekiel 20:29

Say ten Hail Bears, make an act of contrition, and you will be forgiven.

--
*realName: Phil Harbison
*mailName: harbison%dbsun...@wupost.wustl.edu
*phoneList: 314-731-7475 (w) 314-272-9318 (h)
Rama-jama-yellowhamma', give `em hell, Alabama!

Yvonne Lee

unread,
Apr 26, 1993, 2:37:51 AM4/26/93
to
In article <1993Apr26.0...@dbsun.uucp> harb...@dbsun.uucp (harbison) writes:
>In article <1993Apr22.1...@b15news.b15.ingr.com>
>rtdo...@b15news.b15.ingr.com (Richard Donovan) writes:
>> The Longhorns have ugly uniforms???!!! I think not! Let us
>> remember... God is a Longhorn. Why else would he make the
>> sunset burnt orange? The aggies new uniforms make them look
>> like large plums....talk about ugly!
>
>Nice try, bevo-breath! If you read the good book, you'd know that He
>is really an Alabama fan. Given for your consideration:
>
>``Then I said unto them, what is the high place whereunto ye go?
> And the name thereof is called Bama unto this day.'' - Ezekiel 20:29
>

Whoa!!! It really DOES say that! (Well, my translation says Bamah, but
you know....


--
yvo...@btr.com,
Yvonn...@Infoworld.com

"We want a picture for the paper."

Brian Noble

unread,
Apr 28, 1993, 10:12:05 PM4/28/93
to

That's just so us Yankee's'll enunciate it proper.

Brian
- Please Don't EmBearAss Us (Again), Bears!


Richard Donovan

unread,
Apr 29, 1993, 9:53:35 AM4/29/93
to
I will agree 100% that there are too many lawyers, politicians (and therefore
bullshit) in Austin, but I have yet too find a city that even comes close to
what Austin has to offer for a single guy in his mid-20s....GREAT food,
GREAT music, and A LOT of single women (I have found that Atlanta DOES come
close but it's too big for me). It's funny how defensive aggies become
when someone starts bashing college plantation...I did have the unpleasant
experience of visiting there one time while in school...never again! It's
almost as if they know that what people say about the place is true, but there
is nothing they can do about it except get defensive and bash back. Well,
I'm not about to get into a bashing war with a bunch of aggies, I've done
that too many times. Besides, isn't this supposed to be about Penn State's
uniforms? They are ugly.

Hook 'em!

Rick

"We are the people our parents warned us about."
- J. Buffett

MILLER, JIMMY A.

unread,
Apr 29, 1993, 11:33:21 AM4/29/93
to
In <1993Apr29.1...@b15news.b15.ingr.com> rtdo...@b15news.b15.ingr.com writes:

Allow me to repost the thing that started some of this...

from Rick:
>atm). I just don't understand some people's desire to spend the finest
>years of their life (i.e., college) in a large cow pasture (along with a
>variety of other animals). It boggles my mind!

Let he has no desire to be bashed, cast not the first bash!

> [why Austin is great despite laywers, politician, etc.]


> It's funny how defensive aggies become
> when someone starts bashing college plantation...I did have the unpleasant
> experience of visiting there one time while in school...never again! It's
> almost as if they know that what people say about the place is true, but there
> is nothing they can do about it except get defensive and bash back. Well,
> I'm not about to get into a bashing war with a bunch of aggies, I've done

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> that too many times.

Then you should not make bashing comments. You can't eat your cake and
have it, pal.

Having spent several years in College Station (as opposed to one visit), I
feel I can make an informed opinion, to wit:

It looks nothing like a cow pasture. It is surrounded by them, which is
another thing entirely.

Livestock (other than visiting football teams) never wander onto campus (well,
almost never).

Any sufficiently large group of Aggies (say 3+) is all that is required for
fun. Artificial things, such as clubs serving overpriced warm beer, are un-
necessary. Besides, you ever see 41,000 people tip cows at once? It's quite
a spectacle, let me assure you.

It is too flat for my taste (Lubbock, therefore, is right out).

On Austin, which I have been to several times:

It's very picturesque.

It's close to New Braunsfels, which is very good.

There are a lot of nice music places.

It's up to its neck in politicians.

Livestock are everywhere.

> Besides, isn't this supposed to be about Penn State's
> uniforms? They are ugly.

Ugly? They're downright hideous. Somebody should teach those fellas that
looking ugly is no virtue...

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

semper fi,

Jammer Jim Miller
Texas A&M University '89 and '91
________________________________________________________________________________
I don't speak for UH, which is too bad, because they could use the help.
"Become one with the Student Billing System. *BE* the Student Billing System."
"Power finds its way to those who take a stand. Stand up, Ordinary Man."
---Rik Emmet, Gil Moore, Mike Levine: Triumph

Paul Conditt

unread,
Apr 29, 1993, 1:46:02 PM4/29/93
to
In article <1rosg1$t...@menudo.uh.edu> HADC...@admin.uh.edu (MILLER, JIMMY A.) writes:
>In <1993Apr29.1...@b15news.b15.ingr.com> rtdo...@b15news.b15.ingr.com writes:
>
>Allow me to repost the thing that started some of this...
>
>from Rick:
>>atm). I just don't understand some people's desire to spend the finest
>>years of their life (i.e., college) in a large cow pasture (along with a
>>variety of other animals). It boggles my mind!
>
> Let he has no desire to be bashed, cast not the first bash!
>
>> [why Austin is great despite laywers, politician, etc.]
>> It's funny how defensive aggies become
>> when someone starts bashing college plantation...I did have the unpleasant
>> experience of visiting there one time while in school...never again! It's
>> almost as if they know that what people say about the place is true, but there
>> is nothing they can do about it except get defensive and bash back. Well,
>> I'm not about to get into a bashing war with a bunch of aggies, I've done
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>> that too many times.
>
> Then you should not make bashing comments. You can't eat your cake and
>have it, pal.
>
> Having spent several years in College Station (as opposed to one visit), I
>feel I can make an informed opinion, to wit:
>
> It looks nothing like a cow pasture. It is surrounded by them, which is
>another thing entirely.

You should try cotton fields, they don't smell as bad, but they're a lot
dustier.


>
> Livestock (other than visiting football teams) never wander onto campus (well,
>almost never).

See comment below.


>
> Any sufficiently large group of Aggies (say 3+) is all that is required for
>fun. Artificial things, such as clubs serving overpriced warm beer, are un-
>necessary. Besides, you ever see 41,000 people tip cows at once? It's quite
>a spectacle, let me assure you.
>
> It is too flat for my taste (Lubbock, therefore, is right out).

Lubbock isn't flat! It has that one hill that the highway dept built
for an overpass. Besides, West Texas has what we call "virtual hills".
It has many canyons, which, when at the bottom of them, give the
appearance of being hilly.


>
>On Austin, which I have been to several times:
>
> It's very picturesque.
>
> It's close to New Braunsfels, which is very good.
>
> There are a lot of nice music places.

The *best* music. Of course, the best musicians here started off
either in College Station (Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen), or
Lubbock (Joe Ely, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Butch Hancock, Jessie Taylor
and others).


>
> It's up to its neck in politicians.

With big hair. It makes for a lot of comic relief.
>
> Livestock are everywhere.

Really, you can't even drive down the road without being pissed off
by a few of them.


>
>> Besides, isn't this supposed to be about Penn State's
>> uniforms? They are ugly.
>
> Ugly? They're downright hideous. Somebody should teach those fellas that
>looking ugly is no virtue...

Someone should teach the same lesson to the women in College Station.
You do know what they call good-looking women in Aggieland, don't you?
That's right - visitors! I mean, look at those cheer-leaders. They
have no hair, dress like they were just released from the local state
hospital, and go around making rude gestures to the crowd. Not a one
of them wears a skirt, and from the looks of them, I'm really glad.


>
>:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Ditto.


>
>semper fi,
>
>Jammer Jim Miller
>Texas A&M University '89 and '91

Paul (still love the Lady Raiders the most) Conditt

p.s. I lose my net.access after tomorrow since the US Gov't won't give
any more money to my project. Then I'm moving to Pasadena, CA next
fall to begin my doctorate in psychology. I'll be doing my dissertation
on the personality flaws and neuroses of individuals who consistently
post to rec.sport.* groups. Any volunteers for case studies (I've
already signed myself up)? Hopefully I'll get net.access again next
fall so I can continue to enjoy the informative and life-changing
discussions of the virtues of sweet tea, white cream gravy, chicken-fried
steak, 4x4 vehicles with extremely large tires, Texas, Pennsylvania,
and Georgia history, and the origin of some bird that flies around
in the middle of large tropical storms.

Gary W Smith

unread,
Apr 29, 1993, 1:58:34 PM4/29/93
to
In article <1993Apr29.1...@b15news.b15.ingr.com> rtdo...@b15news.b15.ingr.com (Richard Donovan) writes:
->I will agree 100% that there are too many lawyers, politicians (and therefore
->bullshit) in Austin, but I have yet too find a city that even comes close to
->what Austin has to offer for a single guy in his mid-20s....GREAT food,
->GREAT music, and A LOT of single women (I have found that Atlanta DOES come
->close but it's too big for me). It's funny how defensive aggies become
->when someone starts bashing college plantation...I did have the unpleasant
->experience of visiting there one time while in school...never again! It's
->almost as if they know that what people say about the place is true, but there
->is nothing they can do about it except get defensive and bash back. Well,
->I'm not about to get into a bashing war with a bunch of aggies, I've done
->that too many times. Besides, isn't this supposed to be about Penn State's
->uniforms? They are ugly.

Blessed be the newcomers. For in their innocence, they kneaux not the
bashings that have come before them nor the bashings that will come after.

- goober (mommy, mommy, that cow is making fun of us.
ignore him sweet little goober... finish your steak) smith

Jeffrey N. Burch

unread,
Apr 29, 1993, 2:42:36 PM4/29/93
to
In article <1rp50a...@tamsun.tamu.edu> ga...@cs.tamu.edu (Gary W Smith) writes:
>...

>- goober (mommy, mommy, that cow is making fun of us.
> ignore him sweet little goober... finish your steak) smith


Which end of the cow is making fun of you, goober? :-)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^ Dr. J(effrey Neil Burch) jb...@prism.gatech.edu ^
^ Georgia Tech Research Institute ^
^ Electro-Optics and Physical Sciences Laboratory ^
^ Atlanta, Georgia ^
^ 30332 To woof or not to woof - ^
^ 404-894-3628 that is the question. ^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gidi Avrahami

unread,
Apr 29, 1993, 2:29:36 PM4/29/93
to
>>Nice try, bevo-breath! If you read the good book, you'd know that He
>>is really an Alabama fan. Given for your consideration:
>>
>>``Then I said unto them, what is the high place whereunto ye go?
>> And the name thereof is called Bama unto this day.'' - Ezekiel 20:29
>
>Whoa!!! It really DOES say that! (Well, my translation says Bamah, but
>you know....


I'm no expert, but from looking at the original text:

The hebrew word "bama" (stress the second syllable) means "stage", or
"platform". In the old testament usage it could also mean "high
place". The word appears twice in the verse above, and the
translation chooses to make it a "high place" in the first and leave
it as "Bama" in the second. (The final h is silent anyway, at least
in modern pronounciation).

Again, I'm no expert but in the context of Ezekiel 20, the word
seems to refer to an altar on a hill, a place where sacrifices are
made to the false idols. The name of the place remained "Bama"
to remind the folks of their transgressions against God.

So now you know.


--Gidi


Kevin Delgado (Steve Gruhl's Twin Brother)

unread,
Apr 29, 1993, 7:20:42 PM4/29/93
to

I guess this means David Koresh was _not_ an Alabama fan?

>
>So now you know.
>
>
>--Gidi

Kevin (Is Tide flamable?)

Robbie Westmoreland

unread,
Apr 29, 1993, 11:18:52 PM4/29/93
to
>>>``Then I said unto them, what is the high place whereunto ye go?
>>> And the name thereof is called Bama unto this day.'' - Ezekiel 20:29
>>
>The hebrew word "bama" (stress the second syllable) means "stage", or
>"platform". In the old testament usage it could also mean "high
>place". The word appears twice in the verse above, and the
>translation chooses to make it a "high place" in the first and leave
>it as "Bama" in the second. (The final h is silent anyway, at least
>in modern pronounciation).
>
>Again, I'm no expert but in the context of Ezekiel 20, the word
>seems to refer to an altar on a hill, a place where sacrifices are
>made to the false idols. The name of the place remained "Bama"
>to remind the folks of their transgressions against God.
>
Hmm, that would be Bear Bryant, right?

Praise be to Bear, hallowed be his name, his kingdom come, his will be done,
and he would have won the Sugar Bowl MUCH better than the current coach did.
--
Robbie Westmoreland rob...@inviso.com
"And if I claim to be a wise man,
It surely means that I don't know..."
Kansas

Char Aznabul

unread,
Apr 30, 1993, 2:00:15 AM4/30/93
to
In article <1rosg1$t...@menudo.uh.edu> HADC...@admin.uh.edu (MILLER, JIMMY
A.) writes:

+ On Austin, which I have been to several times:
+
+ It's very picturesque.

Yeah, especially the Yellow Rose...I'm surprised you didn't mention
it by name, Jammer...

James - well, what's *in* the Yellow Rose, to be precise

Char Aznabul

unread,
Apr 30, 1993, 2:03:12 AM4/30/93
to
In article <1rp50a...@tamsun.tamu.edu> ga...@cs.tamu.edu (Gary W Smith)
writes:

+ - goober (mommy, mommy, that cow is making fun of us.
+ ignore him sweet little goober... finish your steak) smith

I have an answer for you, Goob. You'd asked:

Is there a good end of to a cow? [or something like that]

YES! The one it meats in the slaughterhouse.

James - pass the A-1

MILLER, JIMMY A.

unread,
Apr 30, 1993, 8:57:34 AM4/30/93
to
In <C6A8o...@mailer.cc.fsu.edu> stri...@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu writes:

Now, just what are you insinuating, James ol' boy?

Besides, I had "company" and couldn't go.

todd,carolyn m

unread,
Apr 30, 1993, 8:48:50 AM4/30/93
to
>> Besides, isn't this supposed to be about Penn State's
>> uniforms? They are ugly.
>
> Ugly? They're downright hideous. Somebody should teach those fellas that
>looking ugly is no virtue...
>
>:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
>

I've heard that some high school players are actually attracted to the
Penn State uniforms, especially the plain white ones used for away games.
It makes them
look tough on the field especially with lots of dirt on them after a
few rough plays. Penn State will never give up its uniforms. It sets them
apart. Besides, football players aren't supposed to be pretty. They're
supposed to be mean....and ugly, to go along with the sometimes classic ugly
wins that PSU pulls off. Carolyn Todd

I R A Aggie

unread,
Apr 30, 1993, 9:53:49 AM4/30/93
to
In article <C6A17...@inviso.com>, rob...@inviso.com (Robbie
Westmoreland) wrote:

> Hmm, that would be Bear Bryant, right?
>
> Praise be to Bear, hallowed be his name, his kingdom come, his will be done,
> and he would have won the Sugar Bowl MUCH better than the current coach did.

Whaddya expect? Their current coach is an *Aggie*.

James - let's see how many bites this gets...

I R A Aggie

unread,
Apr 30, 1993, 9:57:31 AM4/30/93
to
In article <1rr7nu$4...@menudo.uh.edu>, HADC...@admin.uh.edu (MILLER, JIMMY
A.) wrote:
>
> In <C6A8o...@mailer.cc.fsu.edu> stri...@masig3.ocean.fsu.edu writes:

> > James - well, what's *in* the Yellow Rose, to be precise

> Now, just what are you insinuating, James ol' boy?

That there are sights there that weren't so easily found in CS/B.
Or is that no longer true?

> Besides, I had "company" and couldn't go.

Your loss... ;)

James

harbison

unread,
Apr 30, 1993, 8:00:20 AM4/30/93
to
In article <1993Apr28.2...@b15news.b15.ingr.com>
rtdo...@b15news.b15.ingr.com (Richard Donovan) writes:
> Say what you want, think what you want. But just remember, the
> "Bear" never beat the Longhorns when he was coach of 'Bama. Nothing
> against 'Bama, mind you, just stating the facts.

Just remember that Bama rarely plays UT (about once a decade) and when
they do play, it usually isn't during a good year for Bama. If Bama is
having a good year, they play in the Sugar Bowl. The Cotton Bowl is a
consolation prize. :-)

WEYLAND,MARK

unread,
May 1, 1993, 12:43:00 PM5/1/93
to
>
>Yeah, especially the Yellow Rose...I'm surprised you didn't mention
>it by name, Jammer...
>
>James - well, what's *in* the Yellow Rose, to be precise

The name Cowgirl Linda comes to mind. A friend told me about her... yeah
that's it.

Yeah, I guess Austin does have some things College Station doesn't, tittie
bars. Man, if we could only get some of those, maybe a few of your
vagrants, and throw in a couple of your drug dealers, and we'll spot you a
few td's to keep the next turkey day's events interesting. 8)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFF!!!

GIG'EM AGS!!!

Mark (Wow that felt good) Weyland
Texas A&M University - Class of '88

0 new messages