One thing I've learned

Eric Ramon

Jun 29, 2022, 6:07:58 PM6/29/22
from here and from facebook and various chat groups around the internet, people lose their reasoning abilities when there's a situation or an outcome that doesn't fit their bias.

People forget to ask "what if?" Like say you're an Angels fan (like I am). "If you try to hit Trout in the head you're asking for it!" Or if you're a Mariners fan, "Nevin should be banned for life".

Or if you're a Democrat, "Hillary could never have lost. It had to be because of Bernie, or Jill Stein, or Russians". Or if you're a Republican, "The Dems must have brought in additional suitcases full of votes".

People just seem to lose perspective, ignore what's in front of them, twist the obvious, in order to conclude that they were right all along.

Ken Olson

Jun 29, 2022, 6:31:43 PM6/29/22
I agree with what you're saying, but ultimately there's the facts. Then
it's a matter of how great you think the transgressions are.

--
ÄLSKAR - Fänga Dagen

Слава Україні та НАТО

RoddyMcCorley

Jun 29, 2022, 10:04:54 PM6/29/22
On 6/29/2022 6:07 PM, Eric Ramon wrote:
Hillary might have been a decent POTUS and had she won we would have
avoided the shitstorm of the past six or so years. But she and her party
were smug and thought they were entitled to the oval office. They effed up.

I'm wondering how many votes she lost, especially from women, by the way
she dressed? Always looked like her clothes were made from old slip
covers and curtains.

--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg

TE

Jun 30, 2022, 8:16:51 PM6/30/22
On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 10:04:54 PM UTC-4, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 6/29/2022 6:07 PM, Eric Ramon wrote:
> > from here and from facebook and various chat groups around the internet, people lose their reasoning abilities when there's a situation or an outcome that doesn't fit their bias.
> >
> > People forget to ask "what if?" Like say you're an Angels fan (like I am). "If you try to hit Trout in the head you're asking for it!" Or if you're a Mariners fan, "Nevin should be banned for life".
> >
> > Or if you're a Democrat, "Hillary could never have lost. It had to be because of Bernie, or Jill Stein, or Russians". Or if you're a Republican, "The Dems must have brought in additional suitcases full of votes".
> >
> > People just seem to lose perspective, ignore what's in front of them, twist the obvious, in order to conclude that they were right all along.

> Hillary might have been a decent POTUS and had she won we would have
> avoided the shitstorm of the past six or so years. But she and her party
> were smug and thought they were entitled to the oval office. They effed up.

Well, the GOP was anti-smug. If the leadership thought that Trump had a chance
in hell they would have sabotaged his run. See: Sanders, Bernie. Breaking the
bipartisan nature of the thread, but the "shitstorm" was more of the reaction to
Trump than Trump himself.

> I'm wondering how many votes she lost, especially from women, by the way
> she dressed? Always looked like her clothes were made from old slip
> covers and curtains.

I doubt that made much of a difference. Without looking it up I thought she
lost votes from suburban part/full time moms.

-TE

Authorities Warn Tonight’s Protests May Escalate From ‘Mostly Peaceful’ To ‘Somewhat Peaceful.’
—The Babylon Bee

Michael Falkner

Jun 30, 2022, 8:38:26 PM6/30/22
On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 5:16:51 PM UTC-7, TE wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 10:04:54 PM UTC-4, RoddyMcCorley wrote:

> > Hillary might have been a decent POTUS and had she won we would have
> > avoided the shitstorm of the past six or so years. But she and her party
> > were smug and thought they were entitled to the oval office. They effed up.

Hillary was smug, and she forgot there's a lot of White Men (and a lot of White Women willing to submit to them to be daddied and raped -- yeah, I said it, if by the right man... They're whores just looking for the right price!) who want to be Trump. He offered them that and the possibility that "they" (LGBTQ's, immigrants, all other useless) would be killed and eliminated.

His cowardice and theirs are the only reason we still vote -- and that might not be the case much longer.

> Well, the GOP was anti-smug. If the leadership thought that Trump had a chance
> in hell they would have sabotaged his run. See: Sanders, Bernie. Breaking the
> bipartisan nature of the thread, but the "shitstorm" was more of the reaction to
> Trump than Trump himself.

Trump would've third-partied at that point. His idea was actually to enact The Contract On America and start killing the "others". They were all waiting for the word, and it sounds like he WAS actually going to give it!

> > I'm wondering how many votes she lost, especially from women, by the way
> > she dressed? Always looked like her clothes were made from old slip
> > covers and curtains.
> I doubt that made much of a difference. Without looking it up I thought she
> lost votes from suburban part/full time moms.

Who were, then, willing to be bent and raped to have relevance/legitimate purpose/a place at all in America going forward?

Mike

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Jul 1, 2022, 10:42:05 AM7/1/22
Yup. We make the decision in our gut, then use the amazing computing
device we call the brain to rationalize that decision. Even the most
even-handed of us.

--
I used to think the whole world stank. Then I found out I had poop
on my mustache. -- Anonymous

marika

Aug 3, 2022, 6:48:59 PM8/3/22
On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 5:07:58 PM UTC-5, Eric Ramon wrote:
> from here and from facebook and various chat groups around the internet, people lose their reasoning abilities when there's a situation or an outcome that doesn't fit their bias.

No, i didn't see that.
It's possible that their brains really are badly scrambled.
Like Michael Vick's

> People forget to ask "what if?" Like say you're an Angels fan (like I am). "If you try to hit Trout in the head you're asking for it!"

I recall when Vick was out for 8 weeks after his own concussion, nobody interviewed him about it while he was out, either.
I also recall when McNabb shredded his knee, no one saw or heard from him for 8 straight months.
I think, I'm not sure, that interviewing injured players (esp concussions) is frowned upon, or considered off limits, or unprofessional, because it shows the player at his physical worst, and the league doesn't want that kind of scary picture of their athletes making the rounds out there.
I think there's some kind of sports dudes ethics code of understanding that says "leave injured guys alone" ...even if the injury isn't so terrible. Professional courtesy, I think.

Who would want a picture or interview released of themselves, in a hospital bed.... Athlete or otherwise?

mk5000

Baby it's yours
No one does it better
Baby it's yours
Make it last forever
You know that it's yours
Long as were together==Baby It's Yours
by Mýa

marika

Aug 3, 2022, 6:52:47 PM8/3/22
On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 7:16:51 PM UTC-5, TE wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 10:04:54 PM UTC-4, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> > On 6/29/2022 6:07 PM, Eric Ramon wrote:
> > > from here and from facebook and various chat groups around the internet, people lose their reasoning abilities when there's a situation or an outcome that doesn't fit their bias.
> > >
> > > People forget to ask "what if?" Like say you're an Angels fan (like I am). "If you try to hit Trout in the head you're asking for it!" Or if you're a Mariners fan, "Nevin should be banned for life".
> > >
> > > Or if you're a Democrat, "Hillary could never have lost. It had to be because of Bernie, or Jill Stein, or Russians". Or if you're a Republican, "The Dems must have brought in additional suitcases full of votes".
> > >
> > > People just seem to lose perspective, ignore what's in front of them, twist the obvious, in order to conclude that they were right all along.
>
> > Hillary might have been a decent POTUS and had she won we would have
> > avoided the shitstorm of the past six or so years. But she and her party
> > were smug and thought they were entitled to the oval office. They effed up.
> Well, the GOP was anti-smug. If the leadership thought that Trump

One fat crook who didn't "keep our honor clean"

mk5000

I love the Cowboys but I like New Orleans cause I could either be a Saint or a bounty hunter--

URLtv – Swamp Vs. Your Honor

marika

Aug 3, 2022, 6:58:24 PM8/3/22
On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 7:38:26 PM UTC-5, Michael Falkner wrote:
> On Thursday, June 30, 2022 at 5:16:51 PM UTC-7, TE wrote:
> > On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 10:04:54 PM UTC-4, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
>
> > > Hillary might have been a decent POTUS and had she won we would have
> > > avoided the shitstorm of the past six or so years. But she and her party
> > > were smug and thought they were entitled to the oval office. They effed up.
> Hillary was smug,

God willing and the creek don't rise.

Which president hasn't been smug and arrogant

It's in the job description

However, we can influence the votes of others.

mk5000

A Love Supreme, that's cold fame album
Lately, I've been dancing like a Soul train album
Lately, silly making songs talkin' 'bout how they hate me
They've been loving me this whole time--

https://www.letssingit.com/bas-feat.-j.-cole-and-jeremih-lyrics-night-job-zvxctx4

Ken Olson

Aug 4, 2022, 12:03:05 AM8/4/22
Thank the gods that HRC isn't or never became POTUS.

unclejr

Aug 4, 2022, 1:00:24 AM8/4/22
She would've been 100% better than the buffoon we actually got in 2016.

Ken Olson

Aug 4, 2022, 12:34:51 PM8/4/22
Keep deluding yourself. She'd be about like the buffoon we currently have.

Eric Ramon

Aug 4, 2022, 4:47:36 PM8/4/22
history won't be kind to 45 and 46. Dunno what kind of President Hillary would have been but she was a poor candidate. I know, I know...more votes...but she didn't need to win California by 3 million. She could have actually campaigned in those close states. And by campaigning I don't mean fundraising at some rich peoples' houses, I mean rallies.

mercellusb

Aug 6, 2022, 10:54:54 AM8/6/22
On Wednesday, June 29, 2022 at 9:04:54 PM UTC-5, RoddyMcCorley wrote:
> On 6/29/2022 6:07 PM, Eric Ramon wrote:
> > from here and from facebook and various chat groups around the internet, people lose their reasoning abilities when there's a situation or an outcome that doesn't fit their bias.
> >
> > People forget to ask "what if?" Like say you're an Angels fan (like I am). "If you try to hit Trout in the head you're asking for it!" Or if you're a Mariners fan, "Nevin should be banned for life".
> >
> > Or if you're a Democrat, "Hillary could never have lost. It had to be because of Bernie, or Jill Stein, or Russians". Or if you're a Republican, "The Dems must have brought in additional suitcases full of votes".
> >
> > People just seem to lose perspective, ignore what's in front of them, twist the obvious, in order to conclude that they were right all along.
> Hillary might have been a decent POTUS and had she won we would have
> avoided the shitstorm of the past six or so years.

It would’ve just been a different shitstorm.

xyzzy

Aug 8, 2022, 11:23:08 AM8/8/22
The buffoon we currently have is 100% better than the buffoon he replaced.
As she would have been.

Keep deluding yourself into thinking Trump wasn’t a straight up
authoritarian if not fascist. The guy told John Kelly he wanted generals
totally loyal to him like (he thought) Hitler’s generals were.

Hillary would never have behaved that way.

—-
“I don’t give a shit anymore, I want a yes-man!” — Donald Trump on
selection of his chief of staff.

Ken Olson

Aug 8, 2022, 11:49:39 AM8/8/22
She'd convince them to take their own lives.

Michael Falkner

Aug 8, 2022, 1:40:16 PM8/8/22
On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 8:23:08 AM UTC-7, xyzzy wrote:

> Keep deluding yourself into thinking Trump wasn’t a straight up
> authoritarian if not fascist. The guy told John Kelly he wanted generals
> totally loyal to him like (he thought) Hitler’s generals were.

You forget on a very fundamental basis that there are many in America who actually supported Hitler then, and believe we need a Hitler now to not only reinstitute law and order, but also to get this country back in check demographically.

Mike

TE

Aug 8, 2022, 9:22:27 PM8/8/22
You mean Hillary wouldn't have been involved with something like framing a
US president as a Russian spy? She wouldn't have been involved with US
security agencies to prevent a free and fair election? No coup for her, right?

Well, one thing she would have NEVER done is claim that the election
was 'stolen.' Cuz that's a BIG LIE and only Trump would do that.

Trump decreased the power of government over the people. Biden has
increased it. Show trials, prime-time televised no less, arresting political
opponents, early morning raids on old men and the IRS is meg-expanding.
Trump was, and is, the anti-fascist, Biden and his elk are the fascists.

-TE

“Actions are held to be good or bad, not on their own merits but according to who does
them, and there is almost no kind of outrage … which does not change its moral when
it is committed by ‘our side.’”
-George Orwell, 1945

Eric Ramon

Aug 8, 2022, 11:02:27 PM8/8/22
here's what I don't get about partisans. All politicians lie. I've said here many times the "Russia did it!" about 2016 was a ridiculous charade designed to protect Hillary's ego. And "the 2020 election was stolen!" is just as stupid, and just as much to protect Trump's ego.

Why do partisans focus on "the other one"? Why don't they say "yep, you're right. Our candidate is/was a crooked liar..., too"

Ken Olson

Aug 9, 2022, 12:43:26 AM8/9/22
+1

marika

Aug 9, 2022, 9:46:53 PM8/9/22
This is probably where Kelly said to get a lawyer

mk5000

I'll understand if you're not feeling well enough to write
I'll understand if you've got way too many things to do
you see I've been sitting here for an hour trying to finish what I started
Now it seems every line gets harder and never really write out what I wanna say--STRUNG OUT
"Satellite"

marika

Aug 9, 2022, 9:48:55 PM8/9/22
Geez us

mk5000

Here's a nice ballad, like the six thousand others.
It's a love song again, it'll probably get covered.
No, the drums don't come in yet, that's in three bars time.
It's just me and the piano, and this sweet lullaby.--PETER AND THE TEST TUBE BABIES
"All About Love"

marika

Aug 9, 2022, 9:50:54 PM8/9/22
Wut?

mk5000

I notice my fingers start to tremble
I feel butterflies that meet
with knees that are much too weak for standing
and lungs that can barely breathe--UNSUNG ZEROS
"The Best Time"

Michael Falkner

Aug 11, 2022, 1:32:54 PM8/11/22
On Tuesday, August 9, 2022 at 6:50:54 PM UTC-7, marika wrote:
> On Monday, August 8, 2022 at 12:40:16 PM UTC-5, Michael Falkner wrote:

> > You forget on a very fundamental basis that there are many in America who actually supported Hitler then, and believe we need a Hitler now to not only reinstitute law and order, but also to get this country back in check demographically.

> Wut?

Exactly what I said.

Mike

floaterjr

Aug 11, 2022, 3:24:15 PM8/11/22
Trump has Jewish grandchildren ya moron

Eric Ramon

Aug 11, 2022, 3:32:40 PM8/11/22
don't make the mistake of thinking Nazi types are all about hating Jews. They're all about hating some group or another. Liberals, for instance.

floaterjr

Aug 11, 2022, 4:40:00 PM8/11/22
Hillary's "Deplorable" just wasn't strong enough was it. No one can disagreement with you can they? Because then your hung with your litany of labels that is just your c__p. The spreading mistrust in American institutions the fault of people like FBI's Wray.
https://twitter.com/LennyDykstra/status/1557449719382786048?s=20&t=nof4NTBJMgrwgqd1axd2gA

Eric Ramon

Aug 11, 2022, 7:10:30 PM8/11/22
whatever that means, I'm sure I disagree.

TE

Aug 11, 2022, 7:25:59 PM8/11/22
The list goes on...Catholics, conservatives, capitalists....and now that I reread my comment...the letter "C." A
letter the Germans rarely use to start a word.

We all know of Lindbergh's affection for the Reich, but FDR's admin had a few things positive
to say about how the Nazi's handle the economy. After the Soviet-German pact a few radical
unions supported Nazi Germany, interfering with the delivery of goods to Britain.

-TE

The family as we know it is an anti-queer factory for producing workers, rife with power asymmetries and violence,
and the sole source of love, care, and protection against the brutalization of the police, the market, work, and racism,
many of us have got.
-The Nation, June 3, 2020

Michael Falkner

Aug 11, 2022, 7:29:19 PM8/11/22
On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 12:24:15 PM UTC-7, floaterjr wrote:

> Trump has Jewish grandchildren ya moron

"I'm not a racist!! I have Black friends!!"

That's the problem. Even if he did, you don't think that, in a pure-Hitler situation, he wouldn't kill THEM, and maybe even FIRST?

Moron.

Mike

Michael Falkner

Aug 11, 2022, 7:30:20 PM8/11/22
On Thursday, August 11, 2022 at 4:25:59 PM UTC-7, TE wrote:

> The list goes on...Catholics, conservatives, capitalists....and now that I reread my comment...the letter "C." A
> letter the Germans rarely use to start a word.
>
> We all know of Lindbergh's affection for the Reich, but FDR's admin had a few things positive
> to say about how the Nazi's handle the economy. After the Soviet-German pact a few radical
> unions supported Nazi Germany, interfering with the delivery of goods to Britain.

Much of the manufacturing circle of the country at the time admired him -- especially some of the early car manufacturers, just for one.

Mike