Another title for Vacated University - and it's a big one

The NOTBCS Guy

Jun 15, 2017, 4:03:07 PM6/15/17
Congratulations to Vacated University, Indianapolis for winning its first NCAA Division I men's basketball title - the 2013 one formerly held by Louisville.

Okay, Pitino says he's going to appeal the national title loss, but even he admits some of the players on that team received illegal benefits (insert "is that what they're calling it now?" joke here), and I can't remember when the NCAA didn't vacate wins where ineligible players were used.

Note that since all of the ineligible players on that team will have used up their NCAA eligibility by now, they get to keep their rings, but the school has to give back the NCAA trophy, and take down any title banners (as well as any other NCAA tournament banners from 2012-2015, I think).

Oh, and before anyone asks, no, Michigan does NOT get to claim the title because it lost to Louisville in the final that year.

Michael Press

Jun 15, 2017, 6:43:29 PM6/15/17
In article <ab5e4d0d-dc73-4906...@googlegroups.com>,
First across the finish line wins. No take backs.

--
Michael Press

agavi...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2017, 1:35:22 AM6/16/17