Eric Clanton arrested by Berkeley Police for assault

Michael Press

May 25, 2017, 11:22:58 PM5/25/17

<http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/25/police-arrest-berkeley-professor-accused-of-bike-lock-assault/>

Police arrested a former professor Wednesday who allegedly used a
bike lock to assault a man at an April rally in Berkeley, Calif.

After 4Chan identified Eric Clanton, a man who taught at Diablo
Valley College in California, as the perpetrator behind an
assault at an April 15 Trump rally, police placed him in custody,
according to the East Bay Times. Authorities arrested Clanton due
to suspicion concerning his use of a firearm in a felony and
assault with a non-firearm lethal weapon.

Masked and clad in the black clothes of an anti-Trump
antifascist, Clanton allegedly attacked at least one person with
a bike lock, causing the victim to bleed profusely from the head.

While investigating Clanton, 4Chan users matched the former
professor’s facial structure, jeans brand, shoes and backpack
straps to that of the assailant. Berkeley Police arrested Clanton
over a month after 4Chan’s evidence surfaced.

Clanton, who is being held by police with a $200,000 bail, taught
ethics, philosophy and critical thinking at Diablo Valley
College, reported Heat Street. He obtained a bachelor’s degree
from California State University, Bakersfield, and a master’s
degree from San Francisco State.

Clanton is held at Berkeley Jail and faces an arraignment Friday
morning at Wiley W. Manuel courthouse in Oakland, California.

--
Michael Press

Ken Olson

May 25, 2017, 11:44:01 PM5/25/17
There's nothing wrong with him that severe beating couldn't deal with.

Eric Ramon

May 26, 2017, 12:52:39 AM5/26/17
Assault can never be condoned, even if it's committed by a lone wolf like this yuppie

CtrlAltDel

May 26, 2017, 1:03:25 AM5/26/17
On Thu, 25 May 2017 21:52:35 -0700, Eric Ramon wrote:

> Assault can never be condoned, even if it's committed by a lone wolf
> like this yuppie

Lone wolf, hell. All Democrats resort to violence very quickly and always
have. You sound like a Muslim when you absolve all of guilt except the
perpetrator when you know the general tendency of all Democrats is to tilt
to violence in varying degrees.

Michael Press

May 26, 2017, 1:54:20 AM5/26/17
In article <og883h$g1l$3...@dont-email.me>,
The "rally" was a full scale riot.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press

May 26, 2017, 1:57:02 AM5/26/17
In article <e8aafc58-3390-4fed...@googlegroups.com>,
Eric Ramon <ramon...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Assault can never be condoned, even if it's committed by a lone wolf like this yuppie

Show me where the Democratic party tells their people
not to offer violence.

--
Michael Press

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 26, 2017, 8:49:53 AM5/26/17
On Thu, 25 May 2017 21:52:35 -0700 (PDT), Eric Ramon
<ramon...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Assault can never be condoned, even if it's committed by a lone wolf like this yuppie

Hush yo mouf, boy. Assault does not depend on whether people condone
it. People had a right to elect Trump therefore riotous assaults are
illegal although apparently condoned by many liberals.

Because everyone but me on rsfc says the MT guy was wrong to bodyslam
the reporter, that intelligence fails to make me change my mind about
the legal ability to defend oneself from assault - or of the people in
MT who elected him.

Hugh

---
http://www.avg.com

dotsla...@gmail.com

May 26, 2017, 9:12:24 AM5/26/17
Yo, press, show me in the GOP charter where they frown on blowing up health clinics.

Or denounce their kkk members. Or their neonazi skinhead brethren.

Ha. You can't do it.

Lol - night is day, up is down - iows, just another day in conservative paradise.

Cheers.

xyzzy

May 26, 2017, 9:28:43 AM5/26/17
On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 12:52:39 AM UTC-4, Eric Ramon wrote:
> Assault can never be condoned, even if it's committed by a lone wolf like this yuppie

Not sure why you call him a yuppie.

"Clanton, who is being held by police with a $200,000 bail, taught
ethics, philosophy and critical thinking at Diablo Valley
College, reported Heat Street. He obtained a bachelor’s degree
from California State University, Bakersfield, and a master’s
degree from San Francisco State."

Diablo Valley college? Sounds prestigious and liberal! Not, it's a community college.

It is cute how the Dally Caller just calls him a "former professor" in the headline so that people who skim will think he was a Berkley professor. Plus, with just a master's he's probably not even a professor, but an instructor. So in fact he's a former instructor at a nearby community college, no Berkley ties.

JGibson

May 26, 2017, 9:40:43 AM5/26/17
Apparently an adjunct professor for Diablo Valley.

JGibson

May 26, 2017, 9:42:44 AM5/26/17
On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 9:28:43 AM UTC-4, xyzzy wrote:
> On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 12:52:39 AM UTC-4, Eric Ramon wrote:
> > Assault can never be condoned, even if it's committed by a lone wolf like this yuppie
>
> Not sure why you call him a yuppie.
>
> "Clanton, who is being held by police with a $200,000 bail, taught
> ethics, philosophy and critical thinking at Diablo Valley
> College, reported Heat Street. He obtained a bachelor’s degree
> from California State University, Bakersfield, and a master’s
> degree from San Francisco State."
>
> Diablo Valley college? Sounds prestigious and liberal! Not, it's a community college.

with a tawdry grade fixing scandal:

http://www.sfgate.com/education/article/PLEASANT-HILL-Cash-for-grades-scandal-rocks-2575000.php

J. Hugh Sullivan

May 26, 2017, 11:28:25 AM5/26/17
On Fri, 26 May 2017 06:28:39 -0700 (PDT), xyzzy <xyzzy...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Diablo Valley college? Sounds prestigious and liberal! Not, it's a commun=
>ity college.

In this town we have a Methodist College with an outspoken atheist
prof. He often has an outspoken religious double retiree challenging
him. I wouldn't initiate but mornlikely I will respond.

Shortly before the 50th ann. of Hiroshima a prof visiting a local
college tried to blackball the USA for dropping the bomb in his
speech. Obviously I am never invited to that sort of meeting.

On the anniversary of the bomb I was asked to speak at the VFW. What I
said in reply to him was well-received when published in the paper.

And the combat veterans formerly in REAL MILITARY SERVICE in
attendance were the most appreciative. There are none of those on
rsfc.

Michael Press

May 26, 2017, 2:21:40 PM5/26/17
> Assault can never be condoned, even if it's committed by a lone wolf like this yuppie

He was in a pack of wolves so you are lying.

<http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/05/24/berkeley-police-arrest-eric-clanton-bike-lock-assaults/>
<http://tinyurl.com/kan3xep>

--
Michael Press

Michael Press

May 26, 2017, 2:22:43 PM5/26/17
In article <ccad7ab1-dc34-4dbe...@googlegroups.com>,
This is exactly what I expected you to say.

--
Michael Press