revenge of the internists lol......

michael anderson

Sep 23, 2021, 12:55:19 PM9/23/21
So one of my picks last week was Kansas city chiefs at Baltimore. I was touting this pick pretty hard and a couple of the internists at my main joint I told it to, then I think they likely told it to a couple of their colleagues.....and you get the picture.

So basically I was on KC(-3.5) and at least 3 maybe more of the docs in the internal medicine group that provides hospitalist coverage was tailing me.

So we know what happened....the play lost.

And then Monday I start getting some weak consults from them on inpatients. Like very routine delirium cases where meds for delirium aren't even indicated. Or detox cases that aren't complicated and they can handle themselves. And even more eyebrow raising was a lot of these consults seem to be on uninsured patients......

So it seems pretty clear they are getting back at me for one bad play by making more work for me and it's not the good kind of work(consults take more time per code than the rest of our work). And it wasn't even a bad play....it was a losing play, but it was still the *right* play.

Anyways, this is just part of it....it gives me more incentive to come through with some bigtime winners this upcoming week; otherwise I'll be running all over our joint all week.

Knives out

JGibson

Sep 23, 2021, 1:06:51 PM9/23/21
On Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 12:55:19 PM UTC-4, miande...@gmail.com wrote:

> Anyways, this is just part of it....it gives me more incentive to come through with some bigtime winners this upcoming week; otherwise I'll be running all over our joint all week.

Yes, that's your problem so far. You just didn't have enough incentive so far to come through with big winners.

michael anderson

Sep 23, 2021, 1:26:45 PM9/23/21
it's certainly part of it. When I'm making plays for this week I may concentrate a little harder knowing I want to avoid having to get up earlier lol.....

Some dued

Sep 23, 2021, 4:46:55 PM9/23/21
Every single time you lose you say it was the right play. And you lose more than you win. So how are you ever going to get better if you can't admit your mistakes?

jimbr...@yahoo.com

Sep 23, 2021, 10:18:46 PM9/23/21
Its easy to see your problem...you bet with your emotions. It doesn't work for you or anybody else with any kind of regularity.