Aw gee, now we're getting Iowa out of the way now. How convenient...

Michael Falkner

Oct 16, 2021, 6:18:15 PM10/16/21
Still, PURDUE???

Georgia, Alabama, the Big Ten champ, and either Oklahoma or a second Big Ten team.

Mark it in pen.

Mike

JGibson

Oct 16, 2021, 7:36:07 PM10/16/21
Knocking off Iowa this game doesn't make any sense from a conspiracy stand point. The Big Ten would want Iowa to come into the title game undefeated so that the East champ could knock them off and get a quality win.

Eric Ramon

Oct 16, 2021, 8:43:50 PM10/16/21
Alabama will go if it wins the SEC title game. Otherwise, no.

jimbr...@yahoo.com

Oct 16, 2021, 10:45:18 PM10/16/21
Iowa lost for one reason...Kirk Ferentz and his rigidness. But we all knew it would happen sooner or later...better to get it out of the way in game 7 then game 12.

Michael Falkner

Oct 16, 2021, 11:45:46 PM10/16/21
On Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 4:36:07 PM UTC-7, JGibson wrote:

> Knocking off Iowa this game doesn't make any sense from a conspiracy stand point. The Big Ten would want Iowa to come into the title game undefeated so that the East champ could knock them off and get a quality win.

Mar kee Val You.

The only thing you might have a point on is the reduced chance of a second Big Ten team, but you still have Oklahoma (or Oklahoma State, I guess...)

Mike

Irish Ranger

Oct 17, 2021, 8:47:14 AM10/17/21
On Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 6:18:15 PM UTC-4, Michael Falkner wrote:
Or, to clarify, it's Ohio State vs fill-in-the-blank.

Irish Mike

Johnny RSFCootball

Oct 17, 2021, 10:55:25 AM10/17/21
I don’t think Disney had to do anything special to give Iowa a loss. They just had to wait for one of Iowa’s opponents to stop turning the ball over so much.

jimbr...@yahoo.com

Oct 17, 2021, 11:03:51 PM10/17/21
It was more than that. Iowa qb had four INTs. Purdue's receiver had like 280 yards...nothing Iowa did could stop them. Ferentz got outcoached badly. Purdue knew what was coming on both sides of the ball. It was really a pathetic showing by Iowa.

I'm not surprised that the lost nor that they lost to Purdue. They've won four of five now.

JGibson

Oct 18, 2021, 8:48:30 AM10/18/21
On Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 11:45:46 PM UTC-4, Michael Falkner wrote:
> On Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 4:36:07 PM UTC-7, JGibson wrote:
>
> > Knocking off Iowa this game doesn't make any sense from a conspiracy stand point. The Big Ten would want Iowa to come into the title game undefeated so that the East champ could knock them off and get a quality win.
> Mar kee Val You.

I understand that, but knocking off Iowa now does the Big Ten no good. The only team in the Big Ten West that might have more markee valyoo than Iowa is Wisconsin (possibly Nebraska, but they're not even in it), and Iowa is still the favorite to take the west. You would want to wait until the title game to rig them to lose at this point.

> The only thing you might have a point on is the reduced chance of a second Big Ten team, but you still have Oklahoma (or Oklahoma State, I guess...)

See above.

michael anderson

Oct 18, 2021, 8:37:22 PM10/18/21
possibly, but too early to say.

That said, the SEC title game is really the start of the playoffs anyways(although Georgia can lose and get in)

the point is that the national title this year is still on track to come down to georgia and Alabama. Whether that duel is in the sec title game or the sec title and the playoffs is besides the point- that's still the game(s) that will decide things. Georgia will definately get two shots at Bama, whereas Bama may only get 1 at georgia.

But make no mistake, those are the matchups that decide the natty this year....whatever you decide to call them.

Michael Falkner

Oct 19, 2021, 5:31:00 AM10/19/21
On Monday, October 18, 2021 at 5:48:30 AM UTC-7, JGibson wrote:
> On Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 11:45:46 PM UTC-4, Michael Falkner wrote:
> > On Saturday, October 16, 2021 at 4:36:07 PM UTC-7, JGibson wrote:
> >
> > > Knocking off Iowa this game doesn't make any sense from a conspiracy stand point. The Big Ten would want Iowa to come into the title game undefeated so that the East champ could knock them off and get a quality win.
> > Mar kee Val You.
> I understand that, but knocking off Iowa now does the Big Ten no good. The only team in the Big Ten West that might have more markee valyoo than Iowa is Wisconsin (possibly Nebraska, but they're not even in it), and Iowa is still the favorite to take the west. You would want to wait until the title game to rig them to lose at this point.

Not really. Consider an 11-1 Michigan who only loses to Ohio State, who then ROLLS what is left out of the West.

> > The only thing you might have a point on is the reduced chance of a second Big Ten team, but you still have Oklahoma (or Oklahoma State, I guess...)
> See above.

Remember, they only need one of the Power Three to get two teams.

Mike