"That was not the time to make that call..."

The NOTBCS Guy

Jan 30, 2023, 9:16:41 AM1/30/23
The late hit at the end of the Chiefs-Bengals game is almost the definitive example of, "That was EXACTLY the time to make that call." If you don't make the call there, then take it out of the rulebook.

TE

Jan 30, 2023, 9:24:08 AM1/30/23
It was painfully obvious. I bet half the folks watching thought, 'well, KC is going to
the Super Bowl' before Mahomes even hit the ground.

NFC Game sucked, because the QB of one team gets hurt. AFC Game was good,
until it ended on a moronic play.

-TE

michael anderson

Jan 30, 2023, 10:23:30 AM1/30/23
On Monday, January 30, 2023 at 8:16:41 AM UTC-6, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:
> The late hit at the end of the Chiefs-Bengals game is almost the definitive example of, "That was EXACTLY the time to make that call." If you don't make the call there, then take it out of the rulebook.

I don't see a lot of people making that argument. Most people hate that it happened, but realized it had to be thrown.

Now a lot of people were frustrated by some other key calls throughout the game that they perceived(rightly or wrongly) to really favor
the chiefs.

unclejr

Jan 30, 2023, 10:47:08 AM1/30/23
Chiefs 4 penalties
Bengals 9 penalties

Con Reeder, unhyphenated American

Jan 30, 2023, 1:29:15 PM1/30/23
Such as the failure to call holding on the same play where there was roughing.

--
An amateur practices until he gets it right. A pro
practices until he can't get it wrong. -- unknown

michael anderson

Jan 30, 2023, 2:15:34 PM1/30/23
On Monday, January 30, 2023 at 12:29:15 PM UTC-6, Con Reeder, unhyphenated American wrote:
> On 2023-01-30, michael anderson <miande...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Monday, January 30, 2023 at 8:16:41 AM UTC-6, The NOTBCS Guy wrote:
> >> The late hit at the end of the Chiefs-Bengals game is almost the definitive example of, "That was EXACTLY the time to make that call." If you don't make the call there, then take it out of the rulebook.
> >
> > I don't see a lot of people making that argument. Most people hate that it happened, but realized it had to be thrown.
> >
> > Now a lot of people were frustrated by some other key calls
> > throughout the game that they perceived(rightly or wrongly) to really
> > favor the chiefs.
> Such as the failure to call holding on the same play where there was roughing.

And Taylor was arguing that was holding on an attempting seal on that final punt return towards the sidelines by KC. That would have ended up being about a 30 yard difference I believe.

Now I don't know whether it was or not. And really don't care. And I'm certainly the last person to complain about officiating(I just view it as part of the breaks of the game). But there is no
doubt that a significant number of people thought the chiefs were the beneficiaries of key calls and non-calls throughout the game. Whether they are right or not
I don't know.