Fencing clubs in Frankfurt / Vereine in Frankfurt am Main

Andrew Prihodko

Apr 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/12/97

Hi!

I am going to spend a summer in Frankfurt, Germany and would really like to
fence after work. Could anyone be kind to recommend a fencing club there? Or,
possibly, refer me to a list of clubs in Frankfurt?

Thank you very much in advance,

Andrew Prihodko
------
prih...@fas.harvard.edu

Steven Ogilvie

Apr 14, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/14/97

Where is the nearest place I can learn to fence.I live in Ashington
which is about 15m N of Newcastle

Rudiger Schierz

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

In article <5in34c$n17$1...@news.fas.harvard.edu>,

There are two fencing clubs:

USC Frankfurt
contact: Mrs. Brigitte Hillebrecht, Kiesstr. 37, 60486 Frankfurt/Main
Tel/Fax: +49-69-702160

Frankfurter TV - Fechtabteilung
contact: Mr. Goetz Remus, Affentorplatz 18, 60594 Frankfurt/Main
Tel. +49-69-617324

If you stay in Frankfurt this summer, you may want to do a trip
to the beautiful southwest of Germany, where we reside and visit
us here at Waldkirch, nearby Freiburg and the border to France.

Generally, if you look for a contact to a german fencing club, you
may call up the german national fencing organisation "Deutscher
Fechter Bund":

Deutscher Fechter Bund
Am neuen Lindenhof 2
53117 Bonn, Germany
TEL: +49-228-989050
FAX: +49-228-679430

They speak at least English or German (as you already guessed :)
May be even more languages, if you are lucky and get the right
person at the phone.
(this is, where I got the above information for you.)
....or drop me a mail.

(sorry, if this appears twice. I don't think so, but it's possible
cause I had a problem with my newsfeed this morning.)

Cheers,
Rudiger
SV Waldkirch - Fechtabteilung