Child rapist Trevor Berbick killed in Jamaica

Eileen M.

Oct 29, 2006, 1:52:46 PM10/29/06
What a worthless human being he was, raping a 16 year old kid.
Hopefully his death was extremely painful.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2006/10/29/2165332-sun.html

October 29, 2006

Ex-champ hacked to death
Suspect arrested after body of Trevor Berbick found in church
courtyard
By MURRAY GREIG, EDMONTON SUN

In life, Trevor Berbick was a forgotten bit player in the pantheon of
world boxing champions. In death, however, he joins Hall of Famers
Sonny Liston and Stanley Ketchel as the victim of a gruesome homicide.

Early yesterday, the body of the 52-year-old Berbick was found in a
church courtyard in Kingston, Jamaica, with chop wounds to the head.

Police later arrested a man and were interrogating him at the Port
Antonio police station in the Portland parish, Const. Sheldon Francis
told the Canadian Press.

Reuters, quoting an unidentified source at the scene, said the
ex-fighter had a "gaping chop wound" to the head, consistent with that
made by a machete or hatchet.

The Jamaican-born Berbick, who represented his native country at the
1976 Olympics in Montreal, became a landed immigrant in 1979 and the
following year defeated Earl McLeay to win the Canadian heavyweight
title that had been stripped from George Chuvalo for inactivity.

Two years later Berbick defeated Muhammad Ali in what was billed as
"Drama in the Bahama," and on March 22, 1986, he won the World Boxing
Council's version of the championship by decisioning Pinklon Thomas in
Las Vegas.

Berbick held the title for just eight months before being knocked out
in two rounds by Mike Tyson, who at age 20 became the youngest
heavyweight champion in history.

Between his victory over Ali and his loss to Tyson, Berbick won the
British Commonwealth title. He defended it against Edmonton's Ken
Lakusta at Northlands Coliseum (now Rexall Place) on Sept. 15, 1983,
scoring a 10th-round knockout.

"Trevor had his problems, but nobody deserves that ... it's a hell of
a way to leave this world," Chuvalo said from his home in Toronto
yesterday.

"He seemed to have some inner demons, but who knows what's going on in
a guy's life when something like this happens?

"The first time I met Berbick was in Halifax in the late '70s. He
actually broke into my hotel room and was sitting there when my wife
and I returned from dinner. We walked in, and there he was, large as
life. He kept smiling and saying he just wanted to meet me and be my
friend, but I got mad and threw him out.

"Years later, when I got to know him a bit, he always struck me as
being a little wacky."

Berbick's career wound down in 2000 after a decision win over Shane
Sutcliffe in Vancouver. His 50-11-1 record included 33 KOs and
victories over the likes of Iran Barkley, Greg Page and John Tate.
Among his losses were those to Buster Douglas, Renaldo Snipes, Larry
Holmes and Lyle McDowell, who decisioned him for the lightly regarded
International Boxing Organization title in Edmonton in 1997.

"He was a handful, no doubt about it," Edmonton promoter Glen Carriere
recalled yesterday. "We brought him up for fights in Slave Lake in
1998 and '99, and he could be a real difficult guy to deal with. You
never knew which Trevor Berbick you were going to get."

In 1991, Berbick was convicted of misdemeanour assault for attacking
his former business manager, who testified he put a gun to her head
and accused her of stealing $40,000 from him. The following year, he
was convicted of raping a 16-year-old Florida babysitter and was
sentenced to four years in prison. He was also convicted of
second-degree grand theft for forging his ex-wife's signature to get a
$95,000 mortgage on his home in Miramar, Florida.

Berbick was ordered deported from the U.S. to Jamaica after serving 15
months in prison on those convictions, but before the order could be
enforced he returned to Canada, living in Montreal and later
Vancouver.

He was finally deported to Jamaica after returning to Florida in 2002.

Now there are 2 babies that look Asian - the Panda and the Cruise

Oct 29, 2006, 1:58:35 PM10/29/06

Sounds like a swell fellah to me ... yet t still in all ..what a
horrid way to die

Walter Mitty

Oct 29, 2006, 4:59:54 PM10/29/06
eile...@msn.com (Eileen M.) writes:

> What a worthless human being he was, raping a 16 year old kid.
> Hopefully his death was extremely painful.
>
> http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2006/10/29/2165332-sun.html

Shut up you evil, unforgiving slag.

Mich

Oct 29, 2006, 6:09:07 PM10/29/06

"Eileen M." <eile...@msn.com> wrote in message

> Hopefully his death was extremely painful.

you are a fucking idiot.

Oct 29, 2006, 6:37:32 PM10/29/06

>Following his retirement from the ring, Berbick was convicted in the U.S. for sexual assault, grand theft and burglary.

"We have our challenges in life, but Trevor seemed to handle his
challenges very badly," said C. Lloyd Allen, former president of the
Jamaica Boxing Board and a close friend. "Once he lost to Tyson, he
just went down a slippery slope."

In 1991, Berbick was convicted for attacking his former business
manager, who testified the boxer put a gun to her head and accused her
of stealing money from him.

The following year, he was convicted of raping a family baby sitter in
Florida and was sentenced to four years in prison. He also was
convicted in 1992 for forging his ex-wife's signature to get a mortgage
on a home.

After 15 months in prison, Berbick was deported from the U.S. He went
to Canada, where he lived for a time following the 1976 Olympics. He
eventually moved back to the U.S., but was deported a second time.>>

Why because she is not sorry a thief ,rapist and thug is dead?

Mich

Oct 29, 2006, 7:02:13 PM10/29/06

"e" <extex...@aol.com> wrote in message

> Mich wrote:
>> "Eileen M." <eile...@msn.com> wrote in message
>> > Hopefully his death was extremely painful.
>>
>> you are a fucking idiot.
>

> Why because she is not sorry a thief ,rapist and thug is dead?

No, because she is hoping that it was "extremely painful". She is obviously
a very sick and sadistic person. I wonder what she does to her kids when
they don't clean up their room?

2nz

Oct 29, 2006, 7:17:17 PM10/29/06

What about when they use those wire hangers?

Mich

Oct 29, 2006, 7:55:53 PM10/29/06

"2nz" <U.Betc...@gmail.com> wrote in message

mommy dearest?

Tribu...@aol.com

Oct 29, 2006, 8:02:21 PM10/29/06
Ya and you are no doubt just perfect and holier than now. The man was a
disgrace.

Mich

Oct 29, 2006, 8:09:51 PM10/29/06

<Tribu...@aol.com> wrote in message

yes, and that's why we have laws.

Doctor Wu

Oct 29, 2006, 8:57:28 PM10/29/06
In article <Rhb1h.6332$H9.1...@wagner.videotron.net>,
"Mich" <cpu...@aol.com> wrote:

You can't compare raping a 16 year old to not cleaning your room.

--
Lisa

Mich

Oct 29, 2006, 11:36:57 PM10/29/06

"Doctor Wu" <pcdr...@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

I never compared them.

Alvin Juirn

Oct 30, 2006, 12:20:17 AM10/30/06

You should have never brought it up then, since it is irrelevant to
the topic at hand.

Mich

Oct 30, 2006, 1:20:39 AM10/30/06

"Alvin Juirn" <alvi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

So what is the topic? Just curious as to what you are commenting about.

Burned101

Oct 30, 2006, 3:07:07 AM10/30/06
"Mich" <cpu...@aol.com> wrote in news:FQg1h.16870$H9.166069
@wagner.videotron.net:

> "Alvin Juirn" <alvi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 23:36:57 -0500, "Mich" <cpu...@aol.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Doctor Wu" <pcdr...@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message

> So what is the topic? Just curious as to what you are commenting about.

Eileen, I agree, hope it was slow and painful. The girl he raped has to
live with the pain for life. Only a fellow kiddyfiddler could have any
sympathy for him.

Ralph.

Mich

Oct 30, 2006, 5:48:02 AM10/30/06

"Burned101" <1313mocki...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

So you don't like the way he was dealt with by the modern judicial system?

FAROUK

Oct 30, 2006, 11:35:55 AM10/30/06

No, it is quite apparent that you are. Anyone who would want anything
less than the most horrible of deaths for this creature puzzles me.

You strike me as the type who may be meeting Chris Hansen during a
Dateline sting very soon. We know your type...

Omar Farouk

Mich

Oct 30, 2006, 12:33:40 PM10/30/06

"FAROUK" <ferrante2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Your extreme reaction is rather normal for someone who comes from a culture
where women who are raped are then stoned to death for adultery.

Mich

Oct 30, 2006, 2:00:33 PM10/30/06

"FAROUK" <ferrante2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

I believe in the rule of law and the law ha dealt with the issue. Obviously,
in your sick mind that makes me a bad person.

FAROUK

Oct 30, 2006, 4:16:30 PM10/30/06

Is this is the same law that allows criminals early releases so that
they can kill again? The pervert is dead and can never hurt anyone
ever. I, too, hope his death was extremely painful and long.

Omar Farouk

Mich

Oct 30, 2006, 5:01:45 PM10/30/06

"FAROUK" <ferrante2...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

If you are worried about repeat offenders then death would be enough; but
that does not explain your overt sadism.

FAROUK

Oct 31, 2006, 7:11:27 PM10/31/06

>> Is this is the same law that allows criminals early releases so that
>> they can kill again? The pervert is dead and can never hurt anyone
>> ever. I, too, hope his death was extremely painful and long.
>
>If you are worried about repeat offenders then death would be enough; but
>that does not explain your overt sadism.

In addition to death, I want them to feel real pain like their victims
felt. I think they should be hanged, but instead of dropping, I think
the rope should be tied around his neck and then slowly, very slowly
pick him up off the ground, maybe about two feet or so and allow
everyone watch him slowly strangle himself while jerking around.

Do that with regularity and I am sure criminals may think twice before
they kill. If not, well they too will suffer that same fate. And I
would hold ticket #1 to sit there and watch and taunt them.

Omar Farouk

jussbla...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2019, 8:47:12 AM12/6/19
I totally agree with you Mich. Takes a heartless human being to say aome shit like that. I'd hate to be her kids, i can only imagine what she might wish on them if their rooms arent clean. Leave it to the pussies in the room to agree with a bitch. Bunch of Capt. Save-A-Hoes, all trying to save the day. Grow some balls and stop idolizing Bruce Jenner (i refuse to participate in, and/or jeopardize my own religious beliefs, simply to appease his twisted fantasy).

Humanity is lost and broken beyond repair, courtesy of heartless, judgmental people, such as the comments above.

Continue to pray.

jussbla...@gmail.com

Dec 6, 2019, 8:59:02 AM12/6/19
There's only ONE Judge all of humanity must face, and the only Judge that truly matters. So your opinion doesn't even matter at all, you have the right to feel that way. We are expected to show compassion towards others. Safe to say you totally missed on that one.

God Bless.

Let's try to leave the judgments to the Judge that matters.

candyk...@gmail.com

May 6, 2020, 5:53:44 PM5/6/20
I hope that 16 year old wasnt your relative ..you too sound like a psycho killer from some flop thriller movie

greg....@gmail.com

Jul 4, 2020, 12:42:08 AM7/4/20
Your a complete IDIOT. 1st off, a 16 year old is NOT A CHILD...Children can't drive..Don't forget that. 2nd, she was 26 years old, NOT 16. And women are notorious for lying about shit like this.

"His accuser, a 26-year-old woman who worked for the family for 2 1/2 weeks, gave 90 minutes of emotional testimony Wednesday. She said the 6-foot-3, 230-pound Berbick pulled off her clothing, hit her, held her down and forcibly had sex with her in the bedroom of her Miami apartment on Oct. 31, 1990."