BOXING IN STATEN ISLAND

1 view

snoopB

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
Mitch Green battles Brian Nix In a 10 rd battle for the NY state
heavyweight title friday night the undercard will be highlighted by the
stable of Fat Angelo Notero

John Carlo

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
Angelo stable of meatballs are a pretty mean bunch, edy hultz and donna
dawson are real bangers. I cant wait untill the fights are over and we
go to the bikini bar

Jim Borzell

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
> When and where?
>
> Ed "Boxer" Jones

Tomorrow evening, 10/2, at 7:30 at Sports Fest sports bubble off Hyland
Ave.

Jim

Angelo Notaro

Oct 1, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/1/98
Get it right its Angelo "big daddy" Notaro and who ever posted this post
is a ivalid who cant spell which usually equals to a frustarated MET
fan!

Ed Boxer

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98

>Mitch Green battles Brian Nix In a 10 rd battle for the NY state
>heavyweight title friday night the undercard will be highlighted by the
>stable of Fat Angelo Notero

When and where?

Ed "Boxer" Jones

Check out my home page: http://www.GeoCities.com/WestHollywood/9172
A Guide to Opera on CD; Boxing; my Lego creations; Drum and Bugle Corps; Key
West

s._osborne

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98
October 1, 1998
Boxing Extravaganza!
Don't miss it.

MARC ROBERTS'
WORLDWIDE
ENTERTAINMENT & SPORTS,
in association with Newark's Boxing
promoter extraordinaire, GABE LaCONTE and 1st ROUND
PROMOTIONS, bring to you an evening of "fist-ta-cuffs" professional
boxing. That's right, fight fans, boxing's dynamic duo hits you with
one-two punch on Thursday, October 1, 1998 at 7:30 PM, at the
Robert Treat Hotel (50 Park Place, Newark, NJ) that will leave you on
the seat of your pants! Matchmaker FRANK BARONE has, once
again, put together a very exciting fight card.

Three time champ, CHARLES "THE NATURAL" MURRAY,
promises this time around he will be wearing the gold again. He also
adds that his opponent will find out that winning doesn't come easy
or
hard, but "NATURALLY".

"LIGHTENING" JOE GATTI (30-5-15) steps back into the ring after a
brief layoff and comes back to us a light heavyweight with the
possibility
of fighting Roy Jones, Jr. down the road. Gatti would like his
opponent
to know that, unlike opportunity, "Lightening" does strike twice -
usually
with bad intentions.

Nutley's own "LEO LOIACANO" has one early Christmas wish and
that's for "Iron Mike" to be reinstated so he can dispell the myth
that
"white men can't punch". He would like to be the third man to
register a
KO over Mike. That would catapult him right into a title shot with
Evander Holyfield. MIKE "THE SPOILER" COVINGTON, JR. with a
16-0-10 KO record promises to rub out all contenders (which he calls
"pretenders") in his quest for glory.

Rounding out the evening with a sensational undercard including GARY
SANTOS, a two time Golden Glove open class champion, Newark's
own BRANDON LoPRESTI, ABE BRUNO and a sleeping giant in the
Heavyweight Division, Farouq Saleem.

Almost as much as a main event, the actual fight will be the press
conference scheduled for September 24th at 12 noon at the "world
famous" BOARDWALK SALOON, 206 Bloomfield Avenue, Newark,
NJ.

This show will be dedicated to the memory of ZIGGY KURAZS, owner
of the Red Brick Gymnasium.

Tickets are $50 - ringside and $30 - general admission. For details,
call
973-482-3005 or 973-325-3244.

s._osborne

Oct 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/2/98

Sorry about that. Posted this before reading it and info is outdated.
Please ignore.

>October 1, 1998
> Boxing Extravaganza!
> Don't miss it.

(extra matter clipped)

John Carlo

Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98
Big Doings in staten island, mitch green lost a decision and took some
mean shots in the last round. For me and the fat kids we went to the
bikini bar in manhattan after the "fights" where two bartenders were
serving drinks in their skimpy bikini's. Edy hultz got beat up by a
midget in his boxing match and out drank by the barmaid hehe. he was
0-2 last night. Donna Dawson went toe to toe for about 1minute 5o
before he ran out of gas and took a nap on the job. Larry Curton and
Alex Garcia was at the fights as well as the famous Kid Sharkey. Of
course the legendary Johnny Bos and our's truly Jim Borzell was working
the bell. Jim who was that tall skinny man you were tauting as your new
heavyweight???

The Sanity Cruzer

Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98

snoopB wrote in message

Fat Angelo Notero

Isn't that redundant?

Take a chill pill Angelo, I've never even seen you, so I was just kidding.

TSC

Jim Borzell

Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98
John Carlo wrote:

> Big Doings in staten island, mitch green lost a decision
> of course the legendary Johnny Bos and our's truly Jim Borzell was working

> the bell. Jim who was that tall skinny man you were tauting as your new
> heavyweight???

That was Jovo (Joe) Pudar (11-1) from Mascedonia (Yugoslavia) who has
fought all his fights in the US. If you care to see him in action, you
can catch him at Yonkers Raceway on Nov. 5 vs (I did this last night)
Larry "Thunderfoot" Cureton.

Quite a bunch you and Angelo "The Mortician" Notaro accompanied.

Jim

John Carlo

Oct 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/3/98
NO SHIT YOU MADE THAT FIGHT LAST NIGHT,,Ill be thetre on the 5th I would
like to see that fight . Is there any other heavyweights fighting that
night. LISTEN JIM THATS ALL big angelo's doings I came for the ride
to see mitch "blood' green fight. About the nickname thats a good one I
guess ever one cant be as an accomplished boxing man like your self.
And Jim if that is supposed to be a dig at me please do a little better
next time.

Rick Lane

Oct 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/4/98
Morticians get paid well!!!! Reality sucks!

Jim Borzell

Oct 4, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/4/98
Rick Lane wrote:

> Morticians get paid well!!!! Reality sucks!

No question of that.
Jim

Angelo Notaro

Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
Jimmy bigmouth,I was wondering what funeral home in Yonkers is Pudar
11-1 vs. Cureton 2-4 going to be taken in place in?also for this fight
midget, are you going to be a timekeeper?or is it a matchmaker or
whatever you call yourself?Dingy ive treated you with utmost respect and
all i hear from your mouth is these wise ass remarks ,please take it to
another place ,because im not in the least bit interested on hearing
you quabble like a old lady if i wanted to hear that id visit a old age
home!

Angelo "Fatman "Notaro

John Carlo

Oct 5, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/5/98
Oh Shit , Iam no Indian but that sounds like fighting words!

Angelo Notaro

Oct 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/6/98
John i dont know what your trying to start but at this point in my
career i don't think i would consider a career change to midget
wrestling!

John Carlo

Oct 6, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/6/98
what are you trying to say ang?????midget wrestling??? who is a midget
wrestler????