Most Balls Made on the Break Record

mike

Aug 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/28/98
Would anyone know what the offitchal record is for most balls made on a
break (8-ball)?

--
All comments are the authors own
and do not reflect any official corporate

Michael Ian Shamos

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
In <01bdd28c$1e7cc630$110b060a@9801cu06> "mike" <mm...@gspnet.com>
writes:

>Would anyone know what the official record is for most balls made on a
>break (8-ball)?

The answer is that there is no official record for most balls made
on a break, even in official tournaments. The statistic is not
kept, although it would be interesting to maintain it. The only
records are anecdotal -- they represent claims rather than
recognized records. The most I've heard of is 12 balls on an
8-ball break. Don't write and tell me you've heard of more -- it
won't make any difference since there's no such record. I would
like to see it kept, along with rack-running statistics, most
balls on a non-break shot (both 8-ball and 9-ball), most
consectutive safeties, etc. But this all requires there to be an
official scorer for each game in a tournament and at present there
aren't even referees for each game. Maybe in the Olympics ...
Mike Shamos
Chairperson, BCA Statistics and Records Committee

Neil Barsema

Aug 30, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/30/98
I believe the records is held by Thomas Cat in his match against Jerry.
He sinks ALL 15 balls on the break.
though i seem to remember them all leaping back on the table chasing Jerry
so it may not count...LOL

mike heeft geschreven in bericht <01bdd28c$1e7cc630$110b060a@9801cu06>...
Would anyone know what the offitchal record is for most balls made on a
break (8-ball)?

JAXON315

Sep 9, 1998, 3:00:00 AM9/9/98
I HAVE MADE 6 OF ONE TYPE ON THE BREAK . . . ON A BAR BOX.

R.N. JACKSON
SEATTLE

michae...@gmail.com

Aug 17, 2018, 7:39:37 AM8/17/18
I just made 6 balls on the break on 8 ball pool. Is that the record.

Clinton Ehrhardt, SR

Aug 22, 2022, 6:28:02 PMAug 22
On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 7:39:37 AM UTC-4, michae...@gmail.com wrote:
> I just made 6 balls on the break on 8 ball pool. Is that the record.
ive made 5 only once in the last 5 years ,i definitely would rather make 5 or more balls on break than sinking the 8 ball on break