Tallest Players in Europe??

Trophy51

Aug 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/2/97

Does anyone know who the tallest women's basketball players are in Europe?

I know that Malgorzata Dydek is 7ft 1 1/2, but what about others?

CroHammer

Aug 2, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/2/97

>Does anyone know who the tallest women's basketball players are in
Europe?

>I know that Malgorzata Dydek is 7ft 1 1/2, but what about others?

Trophy, here are a few that i know of. First, Dydek has 2 sisters. The
older one (6'7") plays for the Colorado Explosion in the ABL and her
younger sister (6'10") is still in Poland. She's only 13 so she may become
the tallest women's basketball player in the world if she is still
growing.

There are two 6'8" women playing college ball here, but I cannot recall
their names. One is from Greece playing for the University of New Orleans
and the other is from Serbia playing for the University of Maryland.

There is a 6'8" woman playing in Australia, Tracy Braithwaite. (Australia
has a women's basketball website.)

Elenda Kravchenko (6'10") is from Russia and will be a freshman at the
University of Virginia.

Harvard has a 7 foot freshman recruit from India. (Does anyone know if she
will be the tallest player ever in women's basketball?) The USA Today
website has her listed, but I think it may be a misprint because I have
never heard of her. (not that I know everything!)

I really hope women's basketball becomes big in this country because I
would love to be the next Mel Kiper! Scouting women's basketball players
has been an unappreciated hobby of mine for about ten years now, I would
love to get paid to do it=^)

I think the ABL and WNBA will have to bring some of that talent here
because of the attention it would draw to the league.

DGrooms4

Aug 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/3/97

>her
>younger sister (6'10") is still in Poland. She's only 13 so she may
become
>the tallest women's basketball player in the world if she is still
>growing.

Wow! Y'all can let her know if she'd like to move to Tennessee, we'd be
glad to have her on our AAU team. We needed a good post player on our 13
year old team this year :)

>I really hope women's basketball becomes big in this country because I
>would love to be the next Mel Kiper! Scouting women's basketball players
>has been an unappreciated hobby of mine for about ten years now, I would
>love to get paid to do it=^)

Just FYI there are already a few people who are making pretty good money
(I would assume) doing exactly this. Mike Flynn who does Blue Star
Basketball camps also puts out the Blue Star report which rates the top
100 players every year. I've worked the Southeast camp and can tell you
that coaches pay well for those packets when they come to watch the
players. Also, if you happen to read USA Today, Joe Smith is always in
there giving his opinions on recruiting classes and top players. He's from
New York City. Anyhow, you might be a little late in starting that career!

Sorry :)

Danny Grooms
Tennessee Stars

not.lo...@ohsu.edu

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

>>Does anyone know who the tallest women's basketball players are in
>Europe?
>>
>>I know that Malgorzata Dydek is 7ft 1 1/2, but what about others?

>Trophy, here are a few that i know of. First, Dydek has 2 sisters. The

>older one (6'7") plays for the Colorado Explosion in the ABL and her

>younger sister (6'10") is still in Poland. She's only 13 so she may become
>the tallest women's basketball player in the world if she is still
>growing.

Dydek is not on the Colorado roster for the upcoming season. I don't know
where she is or what she's doing, but it's not going to be with the Explosion.

not.lo...@ohsu.edu

Aug 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/4/97

In article <19970802182...@ladder02.news.aol.com> croh...@aol.com (CroHammer) writes:
>From: croh...@aol.com (CroHammer)
>Subject: Re: Tallest Players in Europe??
>Date: 2 Aug 1997 18:20:21 GMT

>>Does anyone know who the tallest women's basketball players are in
>Europe?
>>
>>I know that Malgorzata Dydek is 7ft 1 1/2, but what about others?

>Trophy, here are a few that i know of. First, Dydek has 2 sisters. The
>older one (6'7") plays for the Colorado Explosion in the ABL and her
>younger sister (6'10") is still in Poland. She's only 13 so she may become
>the tallest women's basketball player in the world if she is still
>growing.

>There are two 6'8" women playing college ball here, but I cannot recall

>their names. One is from Greece playing for the University of New Orleans
>and the other is from Serbia playing for the University of Maryland.

>There is a 6'8" woman playing in Australia, Tracy Braithwaite. (Australia
>has a women's basketball website.)

>Elenda Kravchenko (6'10") is from Russia and will be a freshman at the
>University of Virginia.

>Harvard has a 7 foot freshman recruit from India. (Does anyone know if she
>will be the tallest player ever in women's basketball?) The USA Today
>website has her listed, but I think it may be a misprint because I have
>never heard of her. (not that I know everything!)

>I really hope women's basketball becomes big in this country because I

>would love to be the next Mel Kiper! Scouting women's basketball players
>has been an unappreciated hobby of mine for about ten years now, I would
>love to get paid to do it=^)

>I think the ABL and WNBA will have to bring some of that talent here

Eva Gonzalez Berrotaran

Aug 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/8/97

not.lo...@ohsu.edu escribió en artículo
<not.logged.i...@ohsu.edu>...

>.
>
> I know some tall players en Europe:
Razija Mujanovic Born 15/04/67 Height- 202 cm. BOSNIA-HERZEGOVINA

Maria Stepanova Born 23/02/79 Height- 201cm RUSSIA

Marina Bourmistrova Born 4/02/74 Height-205 cm. RUSSIA

Silvia Mesa Height-202 cm. SPAIN