Byron Bay In Australia

1 view

John Jordan

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Anyone ever jump at Byron Bay ? I am wondering if I should take my own rig
(BOC Teardrop with Sabre 190)

I am travelling a lot before I get to BB so did not really want to drag it
around the world with me if I can hire similar kit on the DZ. Anyone know
what kit they have or a mail address for them (or anyone who jumps there).

Anyone know if it is a good DZ ? I did some microlight flying from there
once and don't remember seeing anyone jumping much. I am meeting familly in
BB so I can not really travel too far from the coast but are there any other
DZ's I could consider.

I wish I was in Corrowa..............................

Blue Ones

John

@nne

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99

This is the URL: http://www.apf.asn.au/

blues @nne
--
an...@skyxtreme.com
skyXtreme - http://www.skyxtreme.com/

Barbara Ashton

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99

Are you talking about Bay Area Skydiving at Byron Calif.
If so, you will not find a nicer bunch of skydivers in Northern Calif.
I have been to all the northern Calif. DZ's and I find Byron's to be the
nicest.
There Boogie was HOT!!

Blue Skys
Tim

Barbara Ashton

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99

There web address is www.bayareaskydiving.com
Phone # (925) 634-7575

Blue Skys
Tim

Barbara Ashton

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99
John,
From what I have heard it is a good DZ, they are meant to be having a HUGE
new years party :)

Anyhow, I personally have not jumped there, but you should be able to find
the email by going to the Australian Parachuting Federation Home Page (do a
search in www.yahoo.com.au) and go it their list of clubs - this should have
all the information on Bryon including what facilities they have - should
also have their email address.....
Good Luck

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99
here you go...
http://www.apf.asn.au/www.byron-bay.com/skydive
that would obviously be there web site and their email is.....
mailto:sky...@norex.com.au
again - have fun :):):):):)

Rich

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99
Barbara Ashton wrote:

> John Jordan wrote:
> >
> > Anyone ever jump at Byron Bay ? I am wondering if I should take my own rig
> > (BOC Teardrop with Sabre 190)
> >
> > I am travelling a lot before I get to BB so did not really want to drag it
> > around the world with me if I can hire similar kit on the DZ. Anyone know
> > what kit they have or a mail address for them (or anyone who jumps there).
> >
> > Anyone know if it is a good DZ ? I did some microlight flying from there
> > once and don't remember seeing anyone jumping much. I am meeting familly in
> > BB so I can not really travel too far from the coast but are there any other
> > DZ's I could consider.
> >
> > I wish I was in Corrowa..............................
> >
> > Blue Ones
> >
> > John
>
> Are you talking about Bay Area Skydiving at Byron Calif.
> If so, you will not find a nicer bunch of skydivers in Northern Calif.
> I have been to all the northern Calif. DZ's and I find Byron's to be the
> nicest.
> There Boogie was HOT!!
>
> There web address is www.bayareaskydiving.com
> Phone # (925) 634-7575
>
> Blue Skys
> Tim

Hee Hee - No my guess is that he is asking about Byron Bay Australia :)
--
[Remove BUTTPLUG to reply]

Rich :o)

JB

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99
Tim (or Barbara)

If you have trouble understanding English, try the American based newsgoup,
rec.skydiving. I'm sure Snuffy will give you a helping hand..he he he

JB

Aerodyne Research

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99
We (Cliff Dobson, Cliffer Dobson, Bob Suchor and myself--the US Sequential
CRW Team) trained in Byron Bay for a month back in 1986...it was great!

It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It is right next
to a pristine beach (be nice to the pilot & you get to buzz the topless
babes on the beach after takeoff), and is the eastern-most point of
Australia if I remember correctly. The DZ is a bit tight, and you will
probably be asked to help shoo the Wallabies and Roos off the runway in the
morning--also, look out for the three-canopy jungle surrounding the DZ.

In the town of Byron Bay, there is a lighthouse on a towering cliff where we
saw some fantastic hang-gliding. The scenery is spectacular. Great scuba
diving available also (big sharks, I met a guy in a bar who was minus a leg
from shark snack while surfing). Best meat pies and jaffles in all Oz. The
attitude there kind of reminded me of Key West--lots of locals hanging out
surfing and having great lives...but no one seemed to have a job.

If the DZ is still open, take your rig...you'll love it.

Bill Hazlett

John Jordan <JohnJ...@JohnJordan.Freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

CEST CHEEZ

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99
Woo hoo!

I was so happy to read this thread. I'm going in December / January and am
soooo motivated to get thru level 8 before then, even tho I should be saving my
pennies for the trip! I've heard only great things about Byron Bay...

Mandy the happy sheep

>It is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It is right next
>to a pristine beach (be nice to the pilot & you get to buzz the topless
>babes on the beach after takeoff), and is the eastern-most point of
>Australia if I remember correctly. The DZ is a bit tight, and you will
>probably be asked to help shoo the Wallabies and Roos off the runway in the
>morning--also, look out for the three-canopy jungle surrounding the DZ.
>
>In the town of Byron Bay, there is a lighthouse on a towering cliff where we
>saw some fantastic hang-gliding. The scenery is spectacular. Great scuba
>diving available also (big sharks, I met a guy in a bar who was minus a leg
>from shark snack while surfing). Best meat pies and jaffles in all Oz. The
>attitude there kind of reminded me of Key West--lots of locals hanging out
>surfing and having great lives...but no one seemed to have a job.
>
>If the DZ is still open, take your rig...you'll love it.
>
>Bill Hazlett

Time is precious. Waste it wisely.

remove the obvious to respond. Duh!

Oct 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/22/99
From what I've heard - only great things can be reported about Byron Bay and
YES it is still open, as I mentioned earlier the DZ that I jump at are
(mostly) all jumping in the plane and getting out over Bryon for New Years'
, now if Bryon is not there, there could be a problem, but I don't see one
the Australia's most spectacular DZ's closing down in the near future.

Michelle & Ron

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
John my wife & I were in Corowa for 3 days over the weekend WHAT AN
EXPERIENCE ! As far as Byron goes , myself I prefer jumping my own gear .
Blue ones
Ron

Thom Lyons

Oct 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/26/99
On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:20:19 +1000, "Michelle & Ron"
<road...@mania.com.au> wrote:

Australia has more pilots and skydivers per capita than any other
country. We are very air minded and some of our aircraft designs are
world shattering. You can swing a dead wombat without hitting a DZ!

Actually you can't swing a wombat at all, they have no tails!

Cheers
THOM
D-1903 (australia)

Peter