Sony DCR-PC10 Prices

Mark Burgoyne

Jun 21, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/21/98

Can anyone suggest good places/prices for the Sony DCR-PC10?

The best price I have found so far is $1999 - Any better out there?

Thanks,

Mark

mburg1 at houston dot geoquest dot com

MKL 211

Jun 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/22/98

Mark,

Good luck on your search and purchase of the PC-10. I believe you'll
truly enjoy it.

However, I must caution you about certain things when you buy one of these
cameras. If you already know this, then disregard. If your buying this camera
from "mail order" places use extreme caution. Most of these "good deal" cameras
are grey market cameras. Meaning they were made for sale in some foriegn
country. The warranty will not be good in the USA. Also, these mail order
places seldom repair or take returns. I searched all of the mail order places
for a PC-7 and located alot in the $1,700 price range. However, I'm sure they
were grey market cameras. I finally decided to pay the extra money and
purchase it locally with a in-store return/replace warranty.

Good luck...........

Mark Burgoyne

Jun 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/22/98

Thanks to Mark and Mike for replying to my other address already - If anyone
else wants to try again :-) I missed an "SLB" from my original post --
Sorry!!

mburg1 at houston dot geoquest dot slb dot com

Thanks again...

Mark

Pascal BRENNER

Jun 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/22/98

Mark Burgoyne a écrit dans le message

<6mkivh$k...@ohnasn01.houston.omnes.net>...
>Can anyone suggest good places/prices for the Sony DCR-PC10?
>
>The best price I have found so far is $1999 - Any better out there?

I bought my PC7-E in Singapour with an international waranty.
And so far noo problem

Pascal

_____________________________________
Pascal BRENNER
pbre...@technologist.com

Australia as soon as possible ...

Povl H. Pedersen

Jun 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM6/28/98

Mark Burgoyne <mbur...@nospam.slb.com> wrote:

> Can anyone suggest good places/prices for the Sony DCR-PC10?
>
> The best price I have found so far is $1999 - Any better out there?

www.profeel.com and www.mindvision.com both has the PAL versions
available for lower prices ($1769.95 / $1899.95 respectively), I am not
sure why the US version is more expensive. The only difference is
supposedly some software setting.