Type-A brand snowboards.. where did they come from

nospam...@ziplink.net

Oct 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/7/97

I was at my local shop the other day and the guy there was raving
about this board made by a company called Type-A. It was a Danny Way
signature deck 153. he said he rides them and they are the best thing
out. the one i was looking at in particular was a 153 and had an
effective edge of 122. he thought that was the coolest thing ever
because a 153 had an effective edge of a 157.

it was damn expensive.. $460 for the deck. anyone know anything about
them? he said they are wood from tip to tail, no plastic in there at
all, not even at the tips.

Spaceboy

Oct 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/7/97
to nospam...@ziplink.net

A friend of mine rides a 157 Jim Morran (?) type-A board. He loves it and
I have ridden it a few times and it is pretty cool. I don't know much
about them either but he got his deck for $350 CDN at Skater's in Calgary,
where we live. It is true though, wood from end to end and it is
suprisingly light too. Later.......

____ ____ __ ____ ____ ___ ____ . .
( | : / \ / \ | | ) / \ | |
\ |---- |--| | |--- |--- | | \ /
____) | /____\ \____/ |____ |___) \____/ Y
WWWW

"Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins.......Homer Simpson, Smiling Politely"

Myster_E

Oct 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/7/97

nospam...@ziplink.net wrote:

> I was at my local shop the other day and the guy there was raving
> about this board made by a company called Type-A. It was a Danny Way
> signature deck 153. he said he rides them and they are the best thing
> out. the one i was looking at in particular was a 153 and had an
> effective edge of 122. he thought that was the coolest thing ever
> because a 153 had an effective edge of a 157.
>
> it was damn expensive.. $460 for the deck. anyone know anything about
> them? he said they are wood from tip to tail, no plastic in there at
> all, not even at the tips.

Wow, a Danny Way sig snowboard. I've always wanted a SKATEBOARDER'S pro
model snowboard! Next year maybe they'll put out the Matt Hoffman
snowboard. Hey, I love skateboarding and I even think Danny Way is a
great skater. But I think a lot of skaters try to cross into
snowboarding 'cause they know they have talent and can see the $$$$$
that they can't get in skating. And the snowboard companies sign them up
over some real snowboard talent since they have a name that will attract
skateboarders to snowboarding (to spend $700 on their setup instead of
$100). It's a smart business move and they've almost got you. You will
actually pay more for a Danny Way board than for a Terje Balance. And
everybody complains about Burton prices. This is such a great example of
controlling the masses.

James

Oct 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/12/97

thats funny! I would have to agree Danny Way rules so pro model snowboard
is justified, even if the only time he ever rides is when he is doing a
photo shoot. For heavens sake he acid dropped from a helicopter on to a
vert ramp, thats more then any pussy snowboarder will do any day. Anyway
the main reason he has a pro model on Type A is because Type A is owned
by plan b skateboards the company Danny skates for. It is just
conveniant to put him on Type A and cash in on his fame.