Remembering Bert Hoff through his poetry

Eviel Dewar

Feb 15, 2022, 9:15:26 PM2/15/22
Here is one of Bert's poems, entitled "Men's Movement to Earth". Bert has this to say about the piece

"This poem was delivered as the Report from the Editor to the Board of Seattle MEN at its January meeting. It provided a powerful metaphor of the events which unfolded as Seattle MEN and the Seattle Community of Men grappled with the issues surrounding continued publication of the magazine. In a larger sense, I think, it speaks to the so-called "men's movement(s)" and to those who are looked on as "leaders," "elders" or "mentors" in the "men's movement.""

Men's Movement to Earth

When a giant is slain,
he takes
a long
time
to fall
to the earth.
It folds
or unfolds
in stages
during the descent.

Nobody knows, or remembers,
or cares to remember
Who it was that struck the mortal blow,
or when,
or how.

Perhaps he was slain years ago
and I have been dancing
with a corpse.

Did I think I was dancing in creative enragement
at the Feast
of the Alchemical Marriage
when I was making love to Skeleton Woman?

"Oh, no!" "Say it isn't true!" "He lives!" "We'll kill you for saying he's dead!"

In the fertile dung
nobody sees
the roots
spreading
like wild strawberry runners
playing on a hillside meadow.
New fruit springs forth.

Bert H. Hoff
Jan. 12, 1997

Eviel Dewar

Feb 17, 2022, 12:07:59 PM2/17/22
On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 9:15:26 PM UTC-5, Eviel Dewar wrote:
> Here is one of Bert's poems, entitled "Men's Movement to Earth". Bert has this to say about the piece

What the fuck was this?

"Did I think I was dancing in creative enragement
at the Feast of the Alchemical Marriage
when I was making love to Skeleton Woman?"

God, that guy was such a pretentious weirdo!

The Real Bev

Feb 18, 2022, 6:31:12 PM2/18/22
On 02/17/2022 09:07 AM, Eviel Dewar wrote:

> God, that guy was such a pretentious weirdo!

That goes for most 'poets' who write free verse; they can't be bothered
with rhyme or meter in their haste to express their... well, you can't
exactly call them 'thoughts' now, can you? Their... uh... Help me out
here...

Exception for e.e. cummings, of course.

--
Cheers, Bev
Nobody needs to speak on behalf of idiots, they manage

twob...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2022, 1:11:26 AM2/19/22
Amazing. That stuff is over twenty years ago, and only a truly obsessed stalking wack job freak would spend so much time on the web finding ancient history. Got a bit complicated back then, politics and all. Fascinating times, though. Thanks for the memory, dumbfuck.

twob...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2022, 1:13:35 AM2/19/22
On Friday, February 18, 2022 at 3:31:12 PM UTC-8, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 02/17/2022 09:07 AM, Eviel Dewar wrote:
>
> > God, that guy was such a pretentious weirdo!

A guy who calls himself Eviel Dewar calling anyone pretentious or weird is truly hilarious, you pathetic weirdo.

> That goes for most 'poets' who write free verse; they can't be bothered
> with rhyme or meter in their haste to express their... well, you can't
> exactly call them 'thoughts' now, can you? Their... uh... Help me out
> here...

Sounds like what most sociopaths write, can't be bothered with morals or ethics, especially when conversing with a convicted sex offender fresh out of prison. Bev Cuntley's kind of people.

> Exception for e.e. cummings, of course.
>
> --
> Cheers, Bev
> Nobody needs to speak on behalf of idiots, they manage
> to speak entirely too much for themselves already.

Certainly, no one needs to speak on behalf of you, Cunt.

Alan

Feb 19, 2022, 4:07:47 PM2/19/22
On 2022-02-18 10:11 p.m., twob...@gmail.com wrote:
> Amazing. That stuff is over twenty years ago, and only a truly
> obsessed stalking wack job freak would spend so much time on the web
> finding ancient history. Got a bit complicated back then, politics
> and all. Fascinating times, though. Thanks for the memory,
> dumbfuck.

Only an idiot thinks it takes "so much time" to find it.

twob...@gmail.com

Feb 19, 2022, 8:31:19 PM2/19/22
On Saturday, February 19, 2022 at 1:07:47 PM UTC-8, Alan wrote:
> On 2022-02-18 10:11 p.m., twob...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Amazing. That stuff is over twenty years ago, and only a truly
> > obsessed stalking wack job freak would spend so much time on the web
> > finding ancient history. Got a bit complicated back then, politics
> > and all. Fascinating times, though. Thanks for the memory,
> > dumbfuck.
> Only an idiot thinks it takes "so much time" to find it.

Only an idiot would waste ANY time on such nonsense. Oooops, forgot. You are one of those idiots. Idiot.