A blast from Scottie's past

Father O'Malley, Roman Catholic Priest (ret.)

Jan 9, 2024, 9:26:02 AMJan 9
Hello everyone. Father O'Malley here. I just thought I'd drop by to give you some of my memories of little Scottie Abraham -- or Scottie Spittal as he was known before he ran off to join the Hebrews!

I had charge of him at the Christian Brother's Orphans Home in Chicago, in the late 50s or early 60s. I'm afraid I'm a little vague about exact dates at my age! He was badly behaved, and I had to discipline him frequently, but one thing I will say is that he was always punctual for his appointments with me at the rectory. He liked the sherry I plied him with beforehand, that I know!

He wasn't the handsomest boy, goodness knows. Indeed, as Father Ryan who sometimes joined us for our sessions, used to say, you couldn't always tell which end was which, but in the end it hardly mattered.

Nowadays, some people would be inclined to judge me, but it's hard and lonely work saving souls as a priest, and one needs a diversion. I don't think I violated my celibacy oath -- it's not like I was with a woman, Heaven forbid!

Anyway, that's all for now. God's blessings on all of you!

Father O'Malley, Roman Catholic Priest (ret.)

Jan 10, 2024, 12:38:49 PMJan 10
By the way, I wrote a rap song. I may be 100 years old, but I can still be hip! Here it is:

Come to me, Schattie
Come, come my Schattie
I am your priest and that makes me your daddy
Come to me, Schattie, it's time for your penance
I'll bugger you twice while you watch Dennis the Menace!

That's as far as I've gotten. Please tell me what you think!

Scott Abraham

Jan 10, 2024, 1:35:54 PMJan 10