Re: Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya, 20, Russian-born Oz Olymoic skater - defenestration

Louis Epstein

Jul 23, 2020, 1:59:32 AM7/23/20
That Derek <that...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> https://www.the-sun.com/sport/1159520/ekaterina-alexandrovskaya-dead-aged-20-olympic-figure-skater/
>
> OLYMPIC TRAGEDY Olympic figure skater Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya dies after falling to her death from window following retirement
>
> John Hutchinson
> Jul 18 2020, 4:39 ET
> Updated: Jul 19 2020, 6:00 ET
>
> OLYMPIC figure skater Ekaterina Alexandrovskaya has died at the age of 20 after reportedly falling from a window.
>
> Reports in Russia say that the athlete "fell out of a window in Moscow" and "died on the spot," but the cause of death has not been confirmed.
>
> Alexandrovskaya was born in the Russian capital in 2000, but represented Australia at the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang.
>
> Russian website Izvestiu reports that "the circumstances of the incident are being clarified".
>
> Alexandrovskaya is a two-time Australian National Champion pair-skating with 23-year-old partner Harley Windsor.
>
> Windsor's parents have Australian Aboriginal roots and he became the first Indigenous Australian to compete at the Winter Olympics.
>
> Their crowning moment came when they became the first Australian pair-skaters to compete at the Olympics for ten years.
>
> But they finished 18th in the short program, missing out on the top-16 who progressed into the free skate.
>
> Miss Alexandrovskaya retired from the sport in February after sustaining several injuries.
>
> Ian Chesterman, chef de mission for the Australian team in Pyeongchang, said the news was a terrible blow for all those who knew the skater.
> OLYMPIC TRAGEDY
>
> Mr Chesterman said: "It is enormously sad to lose Katia, who was a vibrant and talented person and an incredible athlete.
>
> "She was quiet and humble in her manner but incredibly determined to be the best she could be.
>
> "Life since the Games has not been easy for her and this is another timely reminder of just how fragile life is."
>
> Geoff Lipshut, chief executive of the Olympic Winter Institute of Australia, said Alexandrovskaya has a special place in the country's sports history.
>
> He said: "Katia and Harley were Australia's first figure skating world
> champions.

World junior champions,but never world champions.

-=-=-

Terry Hall

Aug 9, 2020, 4:45:23 AM8/9/20

"Louis Epstein" <l...@top.put.com> wrote in message
Wow, Louis, you're still around?

I didn't think there were any real skating fans left reading rssif. It now
seems to be mainly a dumping ground for spam and Chuckie's lies.

--
Terry Hall
Head of Special Duties Section