DEMONIZER, 21st DECEMBER 2002

Looten Plunder

Jan 13, 2003, 2:27:23 AM1/13/03

TTTTTTTTT H H EEEEEEE
T H H E
T HHHHHH EEEEEEE
T H H E
T H E EEEEEEE

DDDDDDDD EEEEEE M M OOOOOOO N N I ZZZZZ EEEEER RRRR
D D E MM MM O O NN N I Z E R R
D D EEEEEE M M M M O O N N N I Z E R R
D D E M M M M O O N N N I Z EEEEEE RRRRR
D D E M M M O O N NN I Z E R R
DDDDDDDD EEEEEE M M OOOOOOO N N I ZZZZZ EEEEE R R

JANUARY 13, 2003

Australia's "progressive views" left-wing electronic newspaper
Published By Anonymous Demonic Media Servies
Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia.

News and views from Australia, Britain, and the British Commonwealth

Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia
Home of the Storm Bay Figure Skating Club
Home club of 4-time CANADAIAN NATIONAL CHAMPION JENNIFER ROBINSON

AUSSIE! AUSSIE! AUSSIE!
OI! OI! OI!

SPECIAL REPORT FROM CIUDAD VICTORIA, MEXICO
HOME OF THE 2003 NORTH AMERICAN FIGURE SKATING CHAMPIONSHIPS

*=Hello from Ciudad Vicotoria
*-Robinson wins 4th Canadian title.

HELLO FROM CIUDAD VICTORIA

CIUDAD VICTORIA, Mexico (ADMS) - Hello to all our readers from Ciudad
Victoria, Mexico, home of the 2003 North American Figure Skating Championships.
We will be here in Ciudad Victoria to cover the 2003 North Americans, which
start on Monday (Tuesday in Australia) with some of the novice and junior
level events.
The is the first North Americans following the 2002 Olympics, and some
cmpetitors from the Olympics will be there. Sara Hughes, a USA/Australia dual
national, will be competing here at North Americans. This could be the year
that Sara knocks off Michelle for the North American title. She has beaten
Michelle two out of the last three times they have met. Despite coming off
an injury, she could win.
In her second season on the U.S. team, Sasha Maruzal Cohen is also a
contender to knock Michelle off the top of the podium. At the 2000 and 2002
North Americans, she nearly beat Michelle to win the title. Cohen was born in
Havana, and emigrated to the U.S., in 2000. She now trains with Tatiana
Tarasova, in New Haven, Connectcut.
Ciuadad Victoria is about 11 hours by car from Dallas Texas. This is how
I got to Ciudad Victoria. I flew to Dallas and then drove the 851 mile drive
to Ciudad Victoria. If you are planning on coming to Ciudad Victoria, for
North Americans, it is the only feasable option. There is no commercial air
service to Ciudad Victoria. You can fly into Mexico City, which is closer,
but you need to be aware of the "no drive" days in Mexico City, which apply
to all vehicles, regardless of where they are registered.
Becuase of the long drive, it is well-advised to break the trip up into
2 days, if you can. Driving in Mexico at night is ill-advised, becuase,
unlike in the U.S., pedestrians, bicycles, and the like are allowed on the
motorways, and they are harder to see at night. There is a new high-speed
tollway between Nuevo Laredo and Monterrey, which can cut about 40 to 45 minutes
out of that section of the trip.
If you are going to stay in Dallas a day or two before heading south,
which is highly recommended, becuase of the long drive, here is some
general information. Dallas is the capital and largest city in the State of
Texas. If you like country music, Dallas is the place. There are more
country nightlubs in Dallas, per capita, than just about anywhere in the
U.S.
If you rent a car, there are numerous companies represented at Dallas
Fort-Worth Intl airport. Be aware that you will need Mexican auto insurnace
to get the proper permits to take a car into Mexico. Be aware also that some
rental companies will charge up to $1 per mile, for every mile driven outside
the state. And they have GPS transponders in most newer rental vechicles that
know EVERY mile you have driven outside of the state. It is 302 miles from
the border to Ciudad Victoria. This means you can expect an extra $604 to be
tacked onto the bill.
The main highway, Mexico 85, is part of a long highway that spans three
countries, and more than 2000 miles, from Thunder Bay Ontario, to Mexico
City, Mexico. Despite all the ice rinks along the highway, there has been
but ONE champion skater anywheres along the I-35/MX85 corrdidor, and that is
Mexican national champion Ricardo Olavarrieta, from Monterrey. There has
NEVER been any medallists at either Mexican, Canadian, or U.S. Nationals
North AMericans, Olympics, Worlds, Grand Prix, or Four Continents from
either Thunder Bay, Duluth, Minneapolis, Des Moines, Kansas City, Wichita,
Oklahoma City, Dallas, Fort Worth, Waco, Austin, San Antonio, Laredo,
Nuevo Laredo, Linares, Ciudad Monte, Ciudad Victoria, Ciudad De Valles, or
Mexico City. The states/provinces of Ontario, Minnesota, Iowa, Kansas,
Oklahoma, Texas, Cohauila, San Luis Potosi, and Hidalgo have NEVER had a
champion skater in any of the afforentioned events.

ROBINSON WINS FOURTH CANADIAN TITLE

SASKATOON, Canada (ADMS) - The "Aussie-born Canadian", Jennifer Robinson
has won her fourth Canadian national title. She also sets the record for
most number of national titles won by a Canadian lady.
NO Canadian woman has won four national titles before, and Jennifer becomes
the first Canadian to achieve that feat. She now holds the record for number
of Canadian titles won in the ladies division. Elvas Stojko, and another
Canadian of Australian birth, set the all-time record last year, at 5 national
titles.
Robinson trains at the Storm Bay Figure Skating Club, in Port Arthur, where
she learned to skate years ago. Contrary to what some people say, Australia
passed a law in 1986, which permits Australians to have dual nationality.
Jennifer is a dual Canada/Australia national, and has now won 4 Canadian
titles (2000 through 2003). She was previously tied with Petra Burka
and Karen Magnuessen, at 3 Canadian titles apiece.
Robinson, who turned 25 on 17th December is apparently going to shoot for
the 2006 Olympics. The way she has improved, could she be the one to knock
Michelle completely out of the medals in 2006? We think so. We think she has
the potential to become Olympic champion in 2006. If she should compete for
Canada and win the gold in 2006, it will be the first time that Canada has
EVER won a gold medal in the ladies event at the Olympics.