Painful Inaccuracy!

Louis Epstein

Feb 12, 2015, 2:08:48 AM2/12/15
I may not have told this newsgroup in the past of my experience
reading a novel by Sidney Sheldon that mucked up history and technology
and other realities horribly,yet gave me an idea of a sequel,and how he
dismissed me immediately on asking about the possibility of offering terms
(after his death his heirs did commission a sequel to that novel that
could scarcely be more different from the one in my head).

But I now know that his indifference to reality carried over to his
television creation Hart to Hart,and to figure skating...I just caught a
rerun of H&H on a Hallmark channel.From 1984,there is a skater character
who witnesses murder conspirators,and Babilonia & Gardner,as themselves,
are drafted by the Harts as her guest coaches after her father/coach is
injured by the bad guys.

In the competition,the final pairs competitors skate and are marked,
and then the guest skater is introduced as the final singles competitor,
tied with someone else for first place,and takes the ice.She skates,is
marked,then immediately announced again to skate again.

Sheesh!

-=-=-