medium format underwater photography

Paolo

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00
Hello everybody,
I would like to use my Bronica ETRsi for underwater photography.
Does anyone have experience with medium format underwater photography?
Any good website? Any newsgroup on the subject?
Any help greatly appreciated,
Paolo

Randol

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00
Paolo:

You might try posting your question on: alt.binaries.images.underwater

It's a good newsgroup for underwater photo folks.

Randy

Chuck Tribolet

Feb 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/10/00
To subscribe to the uw-photo mailing list:(digest form)
send mail to majo...@world.std.com with the
message SUBSCRIBE UW-PHOTO-DIGEST
Contact owner-u...@world.std.com if you have problems.

--
Chuck Tribolet
Internet: tri...@garlic.com

Silicon Valley: Best day job in the world.
"Pavel Korensky" <pav...@dator3.no-spam.anet.cz> wrote in message
> Hi,

> I do not know the web site, but there is a mailing list about
> professional photography. Somewhere I have the subscription address
> for this list (I unsubscribed couple of months ago). Questions and
> answers about UW medium format photography was regular in this list. I
> did not read them too much, because I tend to use 35mm SLRs.
> But I can say, that it is really expensive to do medium format UW. My
> friend (professional photograph and diver) bought the UW case for his
> Hasselblad couple of years ago. The case costs much more that the
> Hasselblad and couple of lenses. Something like 7.000 - 10.000 USD,
> flashes not included.
>
> Best regards
>
> PavelK

greg kerr

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00

Paolo wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I would like to use my Bronica ETRsi for underwater photography.
> Does anyone have experience with medium format underwater photography?
> Any good website? Any newsgroup on the subject?
> Any help greatly appreciated,
> Paolo

I know there are manufacturers of U/W video housings for medium format
cameras but I'm not sure who would make one for the Bronica. Try also
posting on rec.scuba.equipment and rec.photo.medium-format.

Pavel Korensky

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 19:55:35 -0500, Paolo <pso...@mit.edu> wrote:

>Hello everybody,
>I would like to use my Bronica ETRsi for underwater photography.
>Does anyone have experience with medium format underwater photography?
>Any good website? Any newsgroup on the subject?
>Any help greatly appreciated,
>Paolo

I do not know the web site, but there is a mailing list about

Bob Crownfield

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
Ike makes one for the Hasselblad.

greg kerr wrote:

> Paolo wrote:
>
> > Hello everybody,
> > I would like to use my Bronica ETRsi for underwater photography.
> > Does anyone have experience with medium format underwater photography?
> > Any good website? Any newsgroup on the subject?
> > Any help greatly appreciated,
> > Paolo
>

> I know there are manufacturers of U/W video housings for medium format
> cameras but I'm not sure who would make one for the Bronica. Try also
> posting on rec.scuba.equipment and rec.photo.medium-format.

--
Bob Crownfield, Crown...@Home.com
Photography, Flying, Delphi Rad Addict

HLAviation

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
>Hello everybody,
>I would like to use my Bronica ETRsi for underwater photography.
>Does anyone have experience with medium format underwater photography?

Yeah, I used to use a Hassy ELM with a homemade housing and an A-24 back. Id
set the app at f11 and focus for 3ft on a 40mm lens This pretty much covered
the focal range, I'd set my speed according to the depth I'd dive and the
visibility conditions for the ambient light. I also housed two White
Lightnings(I glass beaded the front of the housing for diffusion kinda like an
underwater soft box) and would have assistants position them according to my
meterings (I bagged a Minolta Flashmeter in a freezer bag. I used one small
Ikelight strobe on the housing pointed at the closest strobe to trigger the
slaves. By now I'm sure someone makes a commercial housing for your ETRsi (I
always liked that camera for weddings and races with that speed grip Nice 250
lens available for it) but back then people looked at me funny when I asked
about one. Medium format is a heck of an improover 35mm even if you're only
going 645

Wade Norton

Feb 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/11/00
Paolo,

I unaware of any "online" resource, but you can contact one of my uwphoto
vendors, they're into Medium Format for underwater.

ABSea Photo in Los Angeles... 310-645-8992

Good luck
Wade