I'm looking for information on Lake Travis TX. Specifically, I need
o historical information, particularly pre-1960 photos
o first-person accounts of pre-1960 events, experiences, etc.
o recent information on Lake Travis dive sites ==other than== the following:
- Windy Point
- Starnes Island
- LCRA Park at the dam
- West Point
o first-hand information on a site called "the cleaning station"
o trivia and urban-legend stuff (I already know about the catfish, thanx)
Post here or email. Even the smallest bit of info will help.
PADI OWSI 51985
The other dives I've made apart from the locations you exclude:
* Highland Lakes Marina across from Starnes Island and West Point.
* One dive just south of Pace Bend Park in the northern section of the lake.
* One dive in a sidearm on the northern shore by Lago Vista. Yuck.
* The "grottos" at Mansfield Dam Park (unless this is excluded by your statement)
* Several dives around the "Sometimes Islands" in the middle of the lake.
We were looking for some buildings left from before the dam was built,
which were used to process the large stones. The only thing we found were
some huge boulders which were cubical in shape. They look like they've been
processed by some sort of quarry, but we never saw the buildings.
* One dive at Hippie Hollow (because it was there :-)
Sorry to post this ont the net, but my e-mail bounced.