Underwater photography

Ken MacLennan

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
Does anyone know if the underwater photography maiing list is still
running and if so can anyone give me their email.
Thanks

--
Ken MacLennan BSc(Hons.) GIS ARPS
http://leonardo.itrg.wmin.ac.uk/Ken/Welcome.html

Lawrence Losey

Oct 20, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/20/99
The group alt.binaries.images.underwater has changed markedly recently. A
new group is for the nudes, another for drownings, etc. What I've seen the
past WEEK in this group is a great variety of non-nude UW photos. May send
some if I have the opportunity. Try it an dsee what you think.

Larry

Ken MacLennan <mac...@wmin.ac.uk> wrote in message

Des Paroz

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99
Yes the mailing list still exists. The subscription address is
uw-photo...@world.std.com

You can either subscribe to the normal list and receive all postings
individually, or to the digest and receive a large email with about 25
postings.

To subscribe to the normal list, have the following in the text of the
message
"subscribe uw-photo <email address>"

To subscribe to the digest, send the email to the same address, with the
following text in the message
"subscribe uw-photo-digest <email address>"

In both cases omit the quote marks.

Best regards

Des Paroz
d...@paroz.com
www.divesite.paroz.com
ICQ: 6677944

JR

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99
Lawrence Losey <llo...@gwi.net> wrote:

> Ken MacLennan <mac...@wmin.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Does anyone know if the underwater photography maiing list is still
> > running and if so can anyone give me their email. Thanks
>
> The group alt.binaries.images.underwater has changed markedly recently.
> A new group is for the nudes, another for drownings, etc. What I've seen
> the past WEEK in this group is a great variety of non-nude UW photos.
> May send some if I have the opportunity. Try it and see what you think.

Larry and Ken, please do come see the difference. No more erotica. The
alt.binaries.images.underwater (ABIU) newsgroup has changed markedly.
Its binding original G-rated scuba-oriented Charter rules are being enforced.
It is ready for you scuba fans to come and fill it with your G-rated UW photos.
As its creator/admin, I'll actively help you keep the spam and sex stuff out.

Back on Aug. 30th, a new Moderated newsgroup was created for the fans of
underwater erotica (nudes & sex), and they have left. ABIU is now the place
for family-safe UW pics. Just be sure to type 'images" as your newsgroup-
search keyword, not "pictures." alt.binaries.images.underwater is correct.
Email me at my non-spamblocker address (below) if you need assistance.
Replies to this post will bounce.

Regards,
JR <>< a.b.i.u. creator/admin
BEWARE spamblocker reply-address: use johnreb<at>erols<dot>com, not abuse@

Marcel Cossais

Oct 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/21/99
Thanks a lot JR!

This will surely be a good source of underwater pictures.

Marcel
Marcel Cossais
mcos...@sympatico.ca
http://www3.sympatico.ca/mcossais