Subject: Looking for - Lou Fead

Ron Fuller

Jan 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/12/97

Date: 6 Jan 1997 21:06:46 -0800
From: Tom.Hamilton

: Does anyone know the whereabouts of Lou Fead (Ol Easy Diver)

:The last I saw him was at Unexso on Grand Bahama Island. I tried a fax

:to Unexso but got no reply.

:Lou's book "Easy Diver" taught me, in a few short pages, more about

:diving than anything before or since. It is great reading if you can find a
copy.

:Please EMail me if you can help.

:Tom

Hello Tom,
I would have emailed you but your email address didn't show up on my server.

Yes I have a copy but no you can't have it<G>. I've now got two youngsters
who are in need of Lou's wisdom. If you contact the San Diego Diving Locker
you stand a chance of finding someone with an extra copy of Easy Diver. My
web site has a link to theirs, url below.

BTW, I was one of his advanced students when he was working on the original
draft back in the 70's.
Best Regards
Ron in San Diego
http://www.electriciti.com/~rfuller
(The Diving in San Diego Pages)

Wally Barnes

Jan 13, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/13/97

Lou Fead can be contacted thru Florida Frogman in Miami. The have a web site
on the net with phone info on it.

Wally Barnes
NAUI 1716
IANTD 79

susan.m...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2014, 2:39:12 PM1/28/14
Sadly, Lou Fead has passed away to the great ocean in the sky. Here is the link to his obituary:

http://www.obitsforlife.com/obituary/842225/Fead-Louis.php

Susan (Fead) Moredock

-hh

Jan 31, 2014, 9:25:26 AM1/31/14
On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 2:39:12 PM UTC-5, susan.m...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 13, 1997 2:00:00 AM UTC-6, Wally Barnes wrote:
>
> > [original 12 Jan 1997 inquiry from Ron Fuller]
>
> > Lou Fead can be contacted thru Florida Frogman in Miami.
>
> Sadly, Lou Fead has passed away to the great ocean in
> the sky. Here is the link to his obituary:
>
> http://www.obitsforlife.com/obituary/842225/Fead-Louis.php

Unfortunately, the OP, Ron Fuller, predeceased Lou by 13.5 years:

<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.scuba/hDVV4WjVoHg/04kv-Yylt9wJ>

I don't recall offhand if the official report was ever made public; my recollection was that he had been having some problems with his semi-closed rebreather and he was out on a solo test dive, so hypoxia was probably on the short list.

-hh

bird2...@gmail.com

May 15, 2014, 2:50:39 PM5/15/14
I stumbled upon this link while engaged in some nostalgic web surfing. So sorry to hear about the passing of your father. I remember diving with him (and you) so many years ago. I feel he taught me so much more than SCUBA.

I am sorry for your loss. I am better for having known him.

Much love!
John McKee

edo...@gmail.com

Oct 24, 2014, 6:06:02 PM10/24/14
*** A flash of memory. I ran into Lou many, many years ago in the Bahamas. I had his book and found it the best advice about diving I had received, until I met Bob Halstead in PNG. I think I can now tell that my nickname with Undercurrent and In Depth was "Easy Ed" ... a moniker that came for Lou Fead's wise approach to diving.

TxSpaceMOM

Jul 22, 2023, 10:44:52 PM7/22/23
Going to give this a long shot. I found some pictures of my father, Michael F. Ida, diving on STAR II, off the coast of Catalina, in the 1960's. Mr. Fead is on a pic with my dad and I'm just trying to share information, pics, see if there are any of my dad out there. My best contact is txbob...@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Heather M. (Ida) Morehouse