Oregon liberal arrested for repeatedly buying Girl Scout cookies with counterfeit money, police say

Burnie

Mar 1, 2020, 4:30:02 PM3/1/20
An Oregon man was arrested last weekend after he allegedly used
counterfeit money to buy Girl Scout cookies from at least two
locations.

Camden Ducharme, 36, was taken into custody in Salem on Sunday
after a Girl Scout mother reported him to police last week for
paying for a $5 box of Tagalongs with a $20 bill, FOX 12 in
Portland reported.

Tiffany Brown, who manned the booth outside of a Walmart with
her two daughters, said Ducharme was “fidgety” and asked a lot
of questions before he tendered the suspicious-looking bill.

“As soon as he was out of earshot, [her 13-year-old daughter]
said, ‘I don’t think this money is real,’" Brown told Oregon
Live.

The 13-year-old told FOX 12 she was too intimidated to say
anything to him about the money.

“We called the non-emergency police line and the police officer
took [the bill] and said, ‘yes, this is a fake,’” Brown said.
“It’s pretty unbelievable.”

Police said they responded to at least one other incident in
which he bought Girl Scout cookies with counterfeit money this
month.

With help from Walmart, police said they used surveillance video
to identify Ducharme and arrested him on charges of forgery and
theft after he returned to the store Sunday.

“We want to thank the victim for making the report and providing
such a good description of Ducharme. We also want to thank
Walmart for helping us identify him in such a timely manner,”
the Salem Police Department said, according to FOX 12.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-man-arrested-for-repeatedly-
buying-girl-scout-cookies-with-counterfiet-money