Revco Results

Mike George

May 19, 1992, 10:27:25 AM5/19/92

Results from the Revco-Cleveland Marathon and 10K. May 17, 1992.
Marathon start 8:30 am. Temperature at start, 68 degrees F.
Temperature as winner finished, 77 degrees F. Humidity 66 percent.
Gusting winds were also a factor on the out-and-back race.

Cleveland-Revco 10K Top Finishers:
Guys
1. William Koech 27 Kenya 28:13
2. Paul Kipkoech 30 Kenya 29:06
3. Jens Karras 23 Germany 29:11
4. Antonio Rodrigues 28 Portugal 29:15
5. Rafael Zapeda 31 Mexico 29:20
6. Scott Fry 23 Ann Arbor 29:21
7. Brian Abshire 29 Sacramento 29:33
8. John Tracy 34 Ireland 29:50
9. William Musyoki 26 Kenya 29:55
10. Are Nakkim 28 Norway 29:56
.
.
165. Mike George 32 Wickliffe, OH 37:50

Dolls
1. Liz McColgan 28 Scotland 31:58
2. Felicidade Sena 32 Portugal 34:14
3. Lucy Smith 25 Victoria, BC 34:16
4. Debbi Kilpatrick Morr 28 Cleveland 34:38
5. Gail Hall 32 Bothell, WA 34:46
6. Irina Bogaceva 30 CIS 34:52
7. Danuta Bartoszek 31 Poland 35:06
8. Priscilla Welch 47 Great Britain 35:28
9. Judy Ervin 20 Akron 36:35
10. Anne Hare 27 New Zealand 36:42

Cleveland-Revco Marathon Top 5 Finishers:
Guys
1. Driss Dacha 29 Morocco 2:14:40
2. Gumercindo Olmedo 25 Mexico 2:19:21
3. Muhamet Nazipov 28 CIS 2:20:00
4. Don Janicki 32 Louisville, CO 2:21:20
5. Douglas Kurtis 40 Northville, MI 2:21:49
Dolls
1. Lubov Klochko 32 CIS 2:35:11
2. Janis Klecker 31 Minnetonka, MN 2:35:41
3. Alevtina Naumova 31 CIS 2:42:31
4. Marika Starovska 30 CZK 2:43:47
5. Tatiana Zueva 35 CIS 2:44:22

--
Mike George | Email: aa...@cleveland.Freenet.Edu
102 US Courthouse | Voice (work): 216/522-7236 FTS (942)

Jean P. Walker

May 20, 1992, 12:03:44 PM5/20/92

>Cleveland-Revco 10K Top Finishers:
>Guys

>Dolls

How about "Men" and "Women"? ("Guys" is an acceptable term, but
"Dolls" reminds me of Barbie ...)

- Jean

Kathy Harris

May 20, 1992, 12:27:53 PM5/20/92

> Cleveland-Revco Marathon Top 5 Finishers:
> Dolls

> 2. Janis Klecker 31 Minnetonka, MN 2:35:41

Is that typical for a a runner to be racing marathons as part of her
training with the Olympics coming up soon?

Just curious,

Kathy Harris
Hewlett Packard

Judi Ayers

May 20, 1992, 3:15:36 PM5/20/92

I don't know how typical it is for other runners but this doesn't surprise
me for Janis. Actually this was probably a jog for her since her
PR is 2:30:11 (anyone notice if she was wearing a walkman?) :-)
Two years ago she ran Grandma's and started out great and slowly died
and came in 4th. The next weekend she turned around and won the
San Fran marathon. She felt she needed to do this for herself. She's
pretty intense in the training/racing department.