How was your Thanksgiving week running?

Ed Prochak

Nov 27, 2023, 11:33:13 AM11/27/23
Not much running. I've been having problems with my left foot. Not sure if it is plantar fasciitis. Stiffness but not much pain. I tried to run a little at a fun 5K race. Walked the first 2K with a friend then trotted back for the next 3K. Had some swelling and pain the next two days. Iced it for a few hours Saturday evening and the swelling and pain is gone, but still stiff.

I'm going to see about swimming for a while.

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving!

Enjoy the run
Ed

Tim+

Nov 27, 2023, 2:46:13 PM11/27/23
Sorry to hear about the foot woes. Makes me almost feel guilty for my rude
health. ;-)

Ran my local parkrun in muddy conditions the weekend before last and was
pleased to be only a few second slower despite the mud. Finished 4
positions higher and “felt” faster so I’m taking it as a win despite the
slower time.

On the last Friday of every month there’s a timed 3 km race in a park in
Glasgow at lunch time. It attracts some very decent runners but it’s a
very casual friendly event that collects £2 from every runner for a
different nominated charity every month. Quite a bit slower than I was back
in March at 13:06 but I’m looking forward to improving upon it. First MV65
was under 11 minutes!

Went orienteering in the dark on Saturday evening which was fun. Good head
torch needed!

Did I ever mention that I did 3 parkruns in North Carolina this year? Took
a bit of jiggling around with holiday plans to fit them in but I left my
mark in Carrboro with an age group record which was unbeaten last time I
looked. Carrboro is where I spent 8 years of my childhood.

https://www.parkrun.us/umsteadpark/results/agecategoryrecords/

Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Ed Prochak

Dec 18, 2023, 9:33:11 PM12/18/23
Wow! Congratulations on your wins! And I love being able to race on trips.
Getting 3 runs in one trip is great. Cheers for that accomplishment!
And your record still stands! That's your 5K time? You're almost twice as fast as me!

Hey, I turn 70 next May. Will I then not be in the same age group as you?
I thought if I could keep running, eventually all you faster runners would stop,
one way or another. 8^)

I basically haven't run since Thanksgiving. Each time I plan any kind of run,
I feel something the night before, a little swelling or some tightness. Then
I wimp out.

Sitting for hours at a computer doesn't help. I started a contract programming
assignment after Thanksgiving. Interesting work, but it does tie me down.

But I still intend to start training seriously in January for a Half marathon.
I may end up walking a good bit, but DNF is not an option!

Merry Christmas!

May all your runs be fast, and your aches and pains leave even faster!!

Enjoy
Me