Running indoors

Ed Prochak

Feb 22, 2023, 11:20:29 AM2/22/23

hi All

recently joined a Y. So I have tried a few runs on their indoor track. I can not stand treadmills, though I might try an elliptical or stair stepper(?).

The track has 17 laps per mile (Too bad they could not make it 16 laps which would be about 100 meter.)

There's only two lanes and a few walkers don't stay in the same lane with other walkers. But it hasn't been so crowded that it is had to get around.

GPS is totally off. It was especially noticeable yesterday when I did some run walk intervals. My phone app had me walking faster than I was running!

I'm going to run outside next time.

But the real benefit is that they have a sauna, steam bath, and hot tub. I love a sauna after a good run.

Well that's the news from my side of the world.

Enjoy the run.
Ed

Tim+

Feb 22, 2023, 1:45:30 PM2/22/23
I quite enjoyed my only spell on a 200m banked indoor track. Very different
from what I’m used to. Spa, steam bath etc sounds way too indulgent. ;-)

Currently accompanying a chap who is running two 6.55 mile runs every day
for a year in aid of charity. Usually I just do one run but some days I go
out for both runs. Gotta admire his guts in taking on this challenge.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Ed Prochak

Feb 22, 2023, 11:10:02 PM2/22/23
On Wednesday, February 22, 2023 at 1:45:30 PM UTC-5, Tim+ wrote:
> Ed Prochak <edpr...@gmail.com> wrote:
[]

> I quite enjoyed my only spell on a 200m banked indoor track. Very different
> from what I’m used to. Spa, steam bath etc sounds way too indulgent. ;-)

This track isn't banked 8^(
Back in college I tried running on a track that was steeply banked. The middle
of the floor was open to show the basketball court below. So yes, the dimensions
were about the same as a basketball court. It was banked enough that you could be
horizontal on the curves. Kind of cool actually.

> Currently accompanying a chap who is running two 6.55 mile runs every day
> for a year in aid of charity. Usually I just do one run but some days I go
> out for both runs. Gotta admire his guts in taking on this challenge.
>
> Tim

Congratulations to that "chap". That is very impressive. 730 runs in one year
for a total distance of
]
]
jaw dropping 4,781.5 miles!
That is going to be incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope he enjoys the run!
Ed