2021 announcements

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 27, 2020, 12:49:44 AM3/27/20
First “Slidewheel” waterslide in the U.S. - going to Mt. Olympus.

Anyone here been on one anywhere else yet? I can’t figure out how this works really.

CanobieFan

Mar 28, 2020, 10:07:15 AM3/28/20
I've not been on one but I've seen on and off ride videos. As the ball of slide moves, slowly, the tubes with riders slowly slide along. Almost think about how the cars on Deno's Wonder Wheel move.

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 28, 2020, 7:02:57 PM3/28/20
Is it all just one slide? Does the raft have to exit before the next raft can go in? Also what prevents a raft from exiting before it’s lined up and the end of the wheel?

CanobieFan

Mar 29, 2020, 9:48:29 AM3/29/20
It's all on slide. As the ball turns slowly the raft progresses further along the slide. In each section it vallies (or like a halfpipe...or thr swing cars on wonder wheel) until the ball structure rotates enough for the raft then slide into the next section where it will then Valley again. Theres only one exit point...and as far as multiple rafts go, each section the rafts stalls in would be considered a block, so you could have multiple tubes in the structure at once all separated from potentially bumping. The POV makes it look somewhat fun but someone on CoasterForce said its actually kinds boring. And with all the stop and go, I could see that being true.

Here's a POV - https://youtu.be/ye3srzRjzkA

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 30, 2020, 1:00:26 AM3/30/20
Thanks, that makes a little more sense.

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 31, 2020, 3:26:25 PM3/31/20
Legoland New York announced that they are delaying their grand opening to 2021 instead of this coming summer.

surfd...@aol.com

May 8, 2020, 9:39:22 AM5/8/20
Venus Vortex will be opening in 2021 instead of the original 2020 plan due to delays in construction from COVID-19 this year.

surfd...@aol.com

May 8, 2020, 4:47:37 PM5/8/20
Summer Block party at Dorney Park (rescheduled from 2020 debut)

New water slide at Sandcastle (rescheduled from 2020 debut)

surfd...@aol.com

Jun 25, 2020, 2:59:21 PM6/25/20
“Snake River Expedition” at Cedar Point

surfd...@aol.com

Jun 30, 2020, 5:22:55 PM6/30/20
Full service dining and ice cream at Chocolatetown to open in 2021

New Jersey Devil at Great Adventure opens 2021.

surfd...@aol.com

Jul 2, 2020, 11:12:38 PM7/2/20
Fantasy Island reimagining and reopening in 2021, the wood coaster to be a part of the new park.

https://www.niagarafallsreporter.com/western-new-yorks-beloved-fantasy-island-to-reopen-in-2021/

surfd...@aol.com

Jul 29, 2020, 2:17:34 PM7/29/20
Ice Breaker at SeaWorld Orlando to open in 2021 instead of 2020

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 3, 2020, 6:20:34 PM9/3/20
At Carowinds, Carolina Cyclone will get new trains, which are refurbished trains from Kings Island’s Vortex.

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 19, 2020, 9:56:24 PM9/19/20
“Stunt Pilot” - new RMC single rail coaster at Silverwood.

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 28, 2020, 10:54:22 PM9/28/20
Jurassic World Velocicoaster at Universal’s Islands Of Adventure in summer 2021

surfd...@aol.com

Oct 23, 2020, 11:12:13 PM10/23/20
“Puppet Theater: Captive Audience” Haunted House for Halloween Horror Nights 2021 announced on Universal’s Peacock streaming service.

Universal Beijing Resort opening in 2021, includes 7 themed lands, Citywalk, and 2 hotels.

surfd...@aol.com

Nov 20, 2020, 7:54:30 AM11/20/20
Florida Strawberry Festival announced there will be no live concerts for their upcoming 2021 event.

surfd...@aol.com

Nov 21, 2020, 9:32:44 PM11/21/20
2160 of Lightning Rod’s 3800 feet of track will be changed this winter to I box track as opposed to topper track.

That’s more than 50%, so personally I consider it changing to a steel coaster, meaning the original wood coaster is defunct and a new steel coaster will open in 2021 (new credit).

surfd...@aol.com

Nov 24, 2020, 10:37:29 PM11/24/20
Indiana Beach announced today that they’re getting 2 new relocated rides next year: a Polyp and a three inversion Schwarzkopf coaster most recently known as Quimera at La Féria Chapultepec Magico

Tyler Eaves

Nov 25, 2020, 6:43:07 PM11/25/20
On Tuesday, November 24, 2020 at 10:37:29 PM UTC-5, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> Indiana Beach announced today that they’re getting 2 new relocated rides next year: a Polyp and a three inversion Schwarzkopf coaster most recently known as Quimera at La Féria Chapultepec Magico

Now, that might win as most surprising news of the year.

surfd...@aol.com

Nov 25, 2020, 8:01:12 PM11/25/20
I agree. This is probably one of the only parks that will open a new for 2021 ride (2 in their case) that wasn’t carried over from 2020.
Then again, they (re)opened a “new” park in 2020, a year when many parks didn’t even open, or had a very limiting opening. So they’re doing something right.

CanobieFan

Nov 27, 2020, 7:05:04 PM11/27/20
I wonder if they'll have luck with the Polyp. I wanted to ride it at Lake Winnie last year but it was SBNO and it looked like it hadn't run in a while.

Heather Kendrick

Nov 29, 2020, 8:21:25 PM11/29/20
On Nov 25, 2020, Tyler Eaves wrote
(in article<828e986f-9190-4682...@googlegroups.com>):
I agree. I was certainly surprised to read it. I’m delighted they’re
rescuing a Schwartzkopf, although since I rode it at La Feria the down side
for me is not getting a new credit! I’m kidding; it’s actually good news
that this is coming to (relatively) my neck of the woods. I’m also happy to
ride a Polyp again as my last time on one was during junior high band trips
to Bob-Lo.

--
Heather, the Carousel Rabbit

surfd...@aol.com

Nov 30, 2020, 5:10:32 PM11/30/20
Nintendo World at Universal Studios Japan opens February 4, 2021

surfd...@aol.com

Dec 4, 2020, 12:15:34 AM12/4/20
Sea World Gold Coast, Australia will open wood coaster Leviathan in 2021, will feature backward facing seats in last row of the train.

surfd...@aol.com

Dec 8, 2020, 6:57:59 PM12/8/20
Great White is getting new trains and a partial retracting for the 2021 season.

Kings Island is getting a new resort called Camp Cedar, opening in spring 2021.

Dave Althoff, Jr.

Dec 8, 2020, 7:24:39 PM12/8/20
:
: Kings Island is getting a new resort called Camp Cedar, opening in spring
: 2021.

So next I suppose they will build the budget-friendly family resort hotel
to go with it...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
/X\ _ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\__/XXXXX\/XXXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\_/XXX\_/\_/XXXXXX
NEW! When emailing this account, include the 'canonical magic word' in
the body of your message for a quicker response.

Marshall

Dec 9, 2020, 8:08:46 AM12/9/20
On Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 7:24:39 PM UTC-5, Dave Althoff, Jr. wrote:
> surfd...@aol.com <surfd...@aol.com> wrote:
> : Great White is getting new trains and a partial retracting for the 2021
> : season.
> :
> : Kings Island is getting a new resort called Camp Cedar, opening in spring
> : 2021.
> So next I suppose they will build the budget-friendly family resort hotel
> to go with it...
>
> --Dave Althoff, Jr.

Doesn't KI have a stake in the Great Wolf next door? Isnt this just duplication of what's already there?
Why are you building a waterpark resort next to your own waterpark(at least GW is indoors)?

surfd...@aol.com

Dec 11, 2020, 10:46:58 PM12/11/20
Six Flags Great Adventure announced their Holiday In the Park drive through experience is extended from January 4 through 10, 2021.

surfd...@aol.com

Dec 18, 2020, 7:53:49 PM12/18/20
Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Moves March event to May, pending COVID-19 Protocols

Florida State Fair postpones fair until April 2021

surfd...@aol.com

Dec 28, 2020, 8:09:58 PM12/28/20
Phoenix - new Vekoma inverted coaster at Denos Wonder Wheel Park

Snow White’s Enchanted Wish at Disneyland (redone Snow White’s Scary Adventure ride)

surfd...@aol.com

Dec 30, 2020, 8:42:12 PM12/30/20
South Florida Fair replaced with Mini Fair, running same dates January 15-31, 2021, kiddie rides only. Full version of the fair may operate instead in April 2021

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 5, 2021, 1:16:33 PM1/5/21
South Florida Fair 2021 will run May 7-23

Busch Gardens Williamsburg now open year round

Busch Gardens Tampa Mardi Gras event announced January 16-February 16 select days

Universal Orlando 2021 refurbishments:
Revenge of the Mummy January 4-15
Hogwarts Express January 21
Jurassic Park River Adventure January 11-29
Popeye February 1-19
Dudley Do-Right February 22-March 19

SeaWorld Orlando “Inside Look” Saturday’s and Sunday’s January 9-17

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 7, 2021, 10:32:12 PM1/7/21
Iron Gwazi now opening in "2021" instead of "Spring 2021"

MegaCon in Orlando postponed from March 2021 to backup dates of August 2021

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 13, 2021, 9:02:19 PM1/13/21
Hershey's Chocolate World tour ride closed for refurbishment January 11-22, 2021

Universal Orlando Mardi Gras Flavors Of Carnaval announced for February 6-March 28, 2021

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 14, 2021, 10:33:50 PM1/14/21
Bollywood Parks in Dubai is getting nine new rides this year, including 2 coasters - “Taxi No. 1” is a family coaster from Zamperla, and later this year, the park will debut a wood coaster, “Bombay Express”.
https://www.thenationalnews.com/lifestyle/family/bollywood-parks-dubai-to-reopen-with-nine-new-rides-including-world-s-tallest-swing-1.1145413

South Florida Mini Fair 2021 ride list:
Beach-Shack,
Berry-Go-Round,
Carousel,
Cliff-Hanger,
Farm-Tractors,
Friendly-Wheel,
Zero-Gravity,
Monster-Trucks,
Puppy-Roll,
Silver-Streak,
Sizzler,
Speedway,
Super-Slide,
Vertigo,
Wacky-Worm-Coaster,
WV-Bugs.
https://wadeshows.com/pop-height-req.asp?eventID=398

Richard Bannister

Jan 16, 2021, 6:05:30 PM1/16/21
On Friday, 15 January 2021 at 03:33:50 UTC, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> Bollywood Parks in Dubai is getting nine new rides this year, including 2 coasters - “Taxi No. 1” is a family coaster from Zamperla, and later this year, the park will debut a wood coaster, “Bombay Express”.

This is kind of interesting, since the Dubai resort already has a Zamperla family coaster.

I reckon the two rides will be ~500m apart as the crow flies.

Separately, I still can't quite figure while they call it a "Parks". It's only one, unless I'm missing something.

-
www.retrogamesformac.com

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 19, 2021, 9:12:33 PM1/19/21
New “Cloud” coaster from Extreme Engineering in Athens, Texas - delivered to an undisclosed location new theme park in Qatar. Cloud coaster is a suspended coaster with single rider seats.

Zampwrla now offering “Big Waves” attraction - combination drop tower and chute attraction.

FunPlex Amusement Center - new Fun In the Sun coaster from SBF

Universal Studios Florida retiring Barney show and Barney character appearances.

Ocean Park Hong Kong to retire 7 attractions, including Dragon, over the next few years and become a multi operator free admission model park.

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 20, 2021, 11:45:50 PM1/20/21
Revenge of the Mummy at USF reopened with upgraded special effects after a 2 week refurbishment.

Dolphin Days at SeaWorld Orlando to temporarily close after January 25 for refurbishment.

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 22, 2021, 9:17:51 AM1/22/21
Conneaut Lake Park will be auctioned off March 2.

Alan Conceicao

Jan 22, 2021, 9:36:22 AM1/22/21
On Friday, January 22, 2021 at 9:17:51 AM UTC-5, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> Conneaut Lake Park will be auctioned off March 2.

Terrible shame about the timing as they had finally started to make headway towards sustainability in 2019. Considering how many people have died, the fact that this is the first wood coaster in the US which appears likely to be SBNO/torn down as a result of the pandemic is a small miracle.

Heather Kendrick

Jan 22, 2021, 3:00:27 PM1/22/21
On Jan 22, 2021, Alan Conceicao wrote
(in article<aa98c814-bf55-432f...@googlegroups.com>):

> On Friday, January 22, 2021 at 9:17:51 AM UTC-5, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> > Conneaut Lake Park will be auctioned off March 2.
>
> Terrible shame about the timing as they had finally started to make headway
> towards sustainability in 2019.

Agreed. I´ve been pulling so hard for this park for years (including
multiple trips out there) that seeing this news when I got up today really
hurt. The Trustees are trying to spin it as a good thing that will continue
the improvements they´ve made to the park, and a lot of the commenters on
their Facebook page seem to be naively buying it. There will still be a deed
restriction requiring them to use the land for public enjoyment or however
that reads, but that certainly does not mean it will have to be an amusement
park.

Ansley

Jan 22, 2021, 7:56:46 PM1/22/21
News reports are that Conneaut has a "qualified cash buyer", and they only did the auction to see if there are other interested buyers.

Ted

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 22, 2021, 10:36:35 PM1/22/21
News went from very negative to very positive very quickly!

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 25, 2021, 10:49:50 PM1/25/21
Tower Arcade & Lounge in Clermont, Florida opened a pool room, with a second opening next weekend.

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 27, 2021, 8:42:01 PM1/27/21

Florida State Fair 2021 new dates are April 22- May 2

Fun Spot America Orlando hours Friday, January 29 are 12 noon to 8pm

Fun Spot America Kissimmee hours Friday, January 29 are 12 noon to 12 midnight

Universal Orlando confirms VelociCoaster will open within the next few months.

Universal Orlando offers Military Freedom Pass for 2021

13th Floor Haunted House in Jacksonville, Florida to have Love Bites event February 12 and 13

Sir Henry’s Haunted Trail in Plant City, Florida to have Love’s Revenge event February 12-14

Jungle Cruise to have enhancements done later this year

WDW Magical Express bus transportation to end after 2021

Wild Adventures announced new “Liberty Farms Petting Zoo” to celebrate the park’s 25th anniversary this year.

Legoland Florida to debut “Brickbeard’s Watersports Stunt Show” February 12

Marshall

Jan 28, 2021, 7:34:31 AM1/28/21
On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 8:42:01 PM UTC-5, surfd...@aol.com wrote:

> Jungle Cruise to have enhancements done later this year

"enhancements"
LOL

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 28, 2021, 7:42:03 AM1/28/21
Arnold Amusements to debut new ride “OMG” at DeSoto County Fair this week

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 29, 2021, 8:47:20 AM1/29/21
Cedar Fair parks announced opening dates for several of their parks:

California’s Great America...May 22
Canada's Wonderland...May 14
Carowinds...May 22
Cedar Point...May 14
Dorney Park...May 22
Kings Dominion...May 22
Kings Island...May 8 (season pass preview)
Worlds Of Fun...May 22

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 29, 2021, 9:41:57 PM1/29/21
Miami Dade Fair 2021 dates changed to November 18-December 5, 2021. 2022 dates remain during normal season in March 2022.

Dolphin Days at SeaWorld Orlando closed for refurbishment February 1 through March 5, 2021. Dolphin Cove exhibit to reopen January 30, 2021 from refurbishment.

Silver Dollar City’s Pumpkins In the City fall event to be expanded this year.

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 30, 2021, 7:28:33 PM1/30/21
Busch Gardens Williamsburg closed tomorrow, January 31 due to predicted weather.

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 2, 2021, 8:46:22 PM2/2/21
Fun Spot America in Orlando and Kissimmee are celebrating their first Mardi Gras event February 5 through April 11, including decorations, Bayou Bites, a kids parade, and Backwater Bayou Escape Room (Orlando only for the escape room)

Fun Spot offering free Ferris wheel rides on February 14 at both Florida parks.

Fun Spot one night event Night Of Gold on April 24, 2021, by reservation only

M&M World Store opened at Disney Springs.

Six Flags America is opening March 6.

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 4, 2021, 12:08:56 PM2/4/21
Universal’s Volcano Bay reopens February 27

Keg Social in Orlando, Florida now open.

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 5, 2021, 10:03:27 AM2/5/21
Adventureland, New York announced spring 2021 drive in concert series.
First performers:
April 1: Mike DelGuidice
April 10: Freestyle
April 17: Almost Queen
April 24: Zac Brown Tribute Band

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2021, 12:14:21 AM2/6/21
Busch Gardens Tampa extending hours Friday, February 5 and Saturday, February 6 each one hour.

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 8, 2021, 8:55:00 PM2/8/21
New show at Legoland Florida starting February 12: Brickbeard’s Watersports Stunt Show

Legoland Florida Pirate Fest Weekends Feb 12-14, 20-21, 27-28.

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 9, 2021, 9:22:04 PM2/9/21
Knott's Berry Farm "Taste Of Boysenberry Festival (food and retail event) March 5- May 2, 2021

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 11, 2021, 12:27:55 AM2/11/21
Los Angeles County Fair 2021 canceled. Smaller event being planned for fall 2021.

SeaWorld Orlando Mardi Gras event February 12-16, Feb 19-21.

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 12, 2021, 10:04:44 PM2/12/21
Busch Gardens Williamsburg closed February 13 due to expected weather

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 18, 2021, 8:24:12 AM2/18/21
Hershey’s Chocolate World closed February 18.

Cedar Valley’s Wild Frontier Fun Park to open Galaxy 500 coaster Memorial Day weekend.

New York allowing indoor amusement parks to reopen at 25% capacity March 26.

New York allowing outdoor amusement parks to reopen at 33% capacity April 9.

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 18, 2021, 11:14:29 PM2/18/21
Six Flags Fiesta Texas and Six Flags Over Texas closed February 20 and 21 due to weather.

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 21, 2021, 10:39:51 PM2/21/21
Funtimes Fun Park opening a new Musik Express

Luna Park opening 6 new kid rides for 2021

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 23, 2021, 11:09:27 PM2/23/21
Herschend is buying Kentucky Kingdom. I hope they treat it more like SDC and Dollywood and less like they do Wild Adventures.

Adventureland in New York is getting 4 new arcade games.

SeaWorld Orlando event dates posted:
Electric Ocean: May 28 to September 5
Craft Beer Festival: August 13 to September 13

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 26, 2021, 9:42:00 PM2/26/21
Nan and Pop’s Kitchen to replace Lobster Shack in Wildwood, NJ Boardwalk, opening May 2021

Tony’s Tavern at Adventureland in New York. Park will now serve beer.

New Mack spinning coaster at Enchanted Kingdom in Philippines

“Mango Joe’s” has been changed to “Altitude Burgers” at SeaWorld Orlando, reopening February 27.

Ohio announced Fairs and Festivals can operate in 2021

New bigger Universal Studios Store coming to Citywalk Orlando.

New midway game “Water Game Fun” at Adventureland in New York

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 1, 2021, 11:13:22 PM3/1/21
Bayville Theme Park in New York is having a 3 days St. Patrick’s weekend haunt event.

Adventureland in New York announced details of their new gated park admission policy. Season pass details to be announced tomorrow.

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 2, 2021, 9:51:13 PM3/2/21
Adventureland in New York announced season pass 2021 policies.

Splash Splash water park announced they are hiring for 2021, anticipating water parks will be allowed to operate in New York for 2021.

Conneaut Lake Park sold to new owner, 2021 season expected to happen.

North Carolina parks allowed to operate with limited capacity in 2021.

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 2, 2021, 11:17:02 PM3/2/21
On Tuesday, March 2, 2021 at 9:51:13 PM UTC-5, surfd...@aol.com wrote:

> Splash Splash water park announced they are hiring for 2021, anticipating water parks will be allowed to operate in New York for 2021.

*Splish Splash

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 3, 2021, 9:46:23 PM3/3/21
Adventureland in New York to open arcade and restaurant March 27 for spring break

Universal’s Epic Universe to resume construction

Apollo/Saturn V Center at Kennedy Space Center reopening late March 2021

Mimes back performing at SeaWorld Orlando March 12 through April 11.

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 5, 2021, 9:17:05 AM3/5/21
Howl O Scream 2021 at Busch Gardens Tampa will be select nights September 27 through October 31.

Connecticut amusement parks and outdoor events may reopen at 50% capacity or max 10,000 people starting April 2. Restaurants and indoor locations may reopen at 100%.

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 5, 2021, 11:30:02 AM3/5/21
Beetlejuice announced for UO’s Halloween Horror Nights 2021. Opening date for event is September 3.

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 5, 2021, 4:05:04 PM3/5/21