US trip report series

Richard Bannister

Nov 15, 2021, 3:46:51 PM11/15/21
As some of you know already I did a big US trip this summer. I've been writing it up on my website.

The first twelve days (as far as August 16) are live now:

https://www.bannister.org/coasters/trips/2021/

I hope to catch up on the rest over the next two or three months.

-
www.superiorsolitaire.com

Heather Kendrick

Nov 15, 2021, 4:15:45 PM11/15/21
On Nov 15, 2021, Richard Bannister wrote
(in article<f6725d0c-2b95-4041...@googlegroups.com>):
I am shocked to read of your misadventure being turned away from Thunderbolt
as a single rider. As you note, this has never been the practice in the past.
Rather, they would generally offer to let someone waiting ride twice if they
would ride with the single rider. I have even seen a ride op get on when they
could not find someone in the station willing. My last visit to Kennywood was
in 2019 and at that time I was with a group of three, so my singleton friend
got paired up with a woman in the station who volunteered to take an extra
with him. It´s just never been an issue that I´ve seen in the past. I
hope this change is transient.

--
Heather, the Carousel Rabbit

Surf Dance Chris

Nov 15, 2021, 7:05:45 PM11/15/21
Maybe due to COVID, they can’t allow it, since you’re sitting so close to a stranger then? Just a thought?

Heather Kendrick

Nov 15, 2021, 10:31:56 PM11/15/21
On Nov 15, 2021, Surf Dance Chris wrote
(in article<9201f6a2-5036-483d...@googlegroups.com>):

> Maybe due to COVID, they can´t allow it, since you´re sitting so close
> a stranger then? Just a thought?

I wondered if that might be it. Again, hopefully it´s not a permanent
change.

Richard Bannister

Nov 16, 2021, 4:15:25 AM11/16/21
On Tuesday, 16 November 2021 at 00:05:45 UTC, surfd...@aol.com wrote:

> Maybe due to COVID, they can’t allow it, since you’re sitting so close to a stranger then? Just a thought?

That was my assumption. I'd probably have included that in the write up if I'd been less irritated at all the other closures.

-
www.superiorsolitaire.com