2022 announcements

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 25, 2021, 1:58:45 PM2/25/21
Peppa Pig Theme Park Florida
(new park, part of LEGOLAND Florida Resort)

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 3, 2021, 9:47:27 PM3/3/21
Lost Island (new park) in Iowa

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 18, 2021, 12:04:26 PM3/18/21
The International Association of Fairs & Expositions (IAFE) Convention & Trade Show will begin moving to different cities beginning with the 2022 event.

surfd...@aol.com

May 4, 2021, 10:14:27 PM5/4/21
Florida State Fair 2022 will be February 10-21, 2022 (typical dates for the fair)

surfd...@aol.com

May 26, 2021, 6:08:45 AM5/26/21
Fun Spot America Atlanta announced a new for 2022 coaster, built by RMC.

Surf Dance Chris

Jun 8, 2021, 11:35:44 PM6/8/21
Dollywood Heartsong Lodge and Resort, accepting reservations Fall 2022

Surf Dance Chris

Jun 19, 2021, 11:18:02 PM6/19/21
Mattel, Inc. announced they are opening a new park “Mattel Adventure Park” in October 2022 in Glendale, Arizona. It will feature a Hot Wheels roller coaster, amongst other attractions.

Surf Dance Chris

Jul 28, 2021, 11:34:42 PM7/28/21
Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger! World's steepest dive roller coaster unveiled as part of the Six Flags Fiesta Texas 30th Anniversary Celebration in 2022

Surf Dance Chris

Jul 30, 2021, 9:23:13 AM7/30/21
Info in the new Peppa Pig Theme Park being built on Legoland Florida property. One of the six rides will be a coaster called “Daddy Pig’s Roller Coaster”.

https://www.winterhavenchamber.com/blog/rides-attractions-revealed-for-the-worlds-first-peppa-pig-theme-park

Surf Dance Chris

Aug 6, 2021, 7:12:36 PM8/6/21
“Defiance” a record breaking Gerstlauer coaster at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park in Colorado.

Tyler Eaves

Aug 6, 2021, 10:16:07 PM8/6/21
On Friday, August 6, 2021 at 7:12:36 PM UTC-4, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> “Defiance” a record breaking Gerstlauer coaster at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park in Colorado.

What record is it breaking? It isn't the tallest, or the fastest, or the most inversions, even amongst Eurofighters.

Surf Dance Chris

Aug 6, 2021, 10:37:01 PM8/6/21
Don’t know. But that’s how they’re advertising it. I was wondering, too. So I guess we’ll see…

Tyler Eaves

Aug 6, 2021, 11:57:43 PM8/6/21
On Friday, August 6, 2021 at 10:37:01 PM UTC-4, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> Don’t know. But that’s how they’re advertising it. I was wondering, too. So I guess we’ll see…

I have a sneaky suspicion it's about the altitude... sorta like how Straosphere used to call the Hiroller the tallest/highest coaster.

Surf Dance Chris

Aug 12, 2021, 11:00:28 PM8/12/21
Kings Dominion announced:
Jungle X-Pedition and Tumbili
Explorers wanted! The park is renaming and upgrading the Safari Village area of the park and introducing Jungle X-Pedition. At Jungle X-Pedition, guests will be immersed in a completely transformed jungle experience featuring a brand-new roller coaster, new signature dining location, all new retail store, and more discoveries to come – all richly themed to reflect the adventure of an archeological expedition.
One of these discoveries: Tumbili (toom-bee-lee -- the Swahili word for “monkey”), a 4D Free Spin roller coaster that uses state-of-the art magnetic technology to control and induce spinning as the riders tumble along the track. Riders will climb aboard and travel up 112 feet on a 90 degree vertical lift hill and make their way back to the bottom as they spin along the triple stacked track featuring two beyond-vertical raven drops.

Surf Dance Chris

Aug 23, 2021, 9:48:38 PM8/23/21
“Ice Breaker” at SeaWorld Orlando will open February 2022

“Iron Gwazi” at Busch Gardens Tampa will open March 2022

“Tidal Surge” at SeaWorld San Antonio will open in spring 2022. It will be the world’s tallest and fastest Screamin’ Swing.

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 9, 2021, 11:25:06 AM9/9/21
Calendar of special events at SeaWorld Orlando has been posted.

10 new rides at Adventureland Park in Iowa.

Pantheon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg will open in March 2022.

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 14, 2021, 10:08:13 PM9/14/21
Rock the Universe at Universal Orlando January 28 and 29

Finding Nemo the Musical at Disney’s Animal Kingdom to be reimagined for 2022

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 30, 2021, 11:18:33 AM9/30/21

Surf Dance Chris

Oct 7, 2021, 12:22:01 PM10/7/21
Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios Florida will close for refurbishment January 7 to late summer 2022

New attractions, new rides, and new pedestrian plazas set to open at Luna Park in Coney Island, New York in Spring of 2022.

Surf Dance Chris

Oct 12, 2021, 11:40:43 PM10/12/21
Peppa Pig theme park officially opening February 24th.

Richard Bannister

Oct 14, 2021, 6:17:00 AM10/14/21
On Wednesday, 13 October 2021 at 04:40:43 UTC+1, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> Peppa Pig theme park officially opening February 24th.

Credit whores can breathe a sigh of relief. The FAQ says that adults without kids will be admitted, so those who want to embarrass themselves can in fact do so.

-
www.superiorsolitaire.com

Surf Dance Chris

Oct 14, 2021, 11:15:34 AM10/14/21
Two new attractions will be making a splash at Adventure Island, just in time for spring break! Guests can race down an all-new dueling water slide, Rapids Racer, featuring the world's first dueling saucers. Wahoo Remix, formerly Wahoo Run, will also re-surface as a new experience, with exciting first-of-its-kind ride elements for Tampa’s Island Paradise!
NEW! RAPIDS RACER
Three, two, one go! Feel the rush of competition on the ALL-NEW Rapids Racer! Riders grab a two-person raft before racing through nearly 600 feet of slide, complete with low walls to encounter your opponents throughout this side-by-side experience. The thrill of the chase is amplified as guests swirl through the world’s first dueling saucers in this exhilarating journey full of high-speed tunnels, turns, and more! Who will conquer this high-speed slide first? Find out at the finish line
NEW! WAHOO REMIX
Riders will enjoy waves of water and sound as they splash to the beat of a remixed favorite attraction. Formerly Wahoo Run, Wahoo Remix will be Adventure Island’s first waterslide to feature synchronized light and sound elements, delivering an all-new, high energy, family raft ride experience with ultimate party vibes. Enclosed tunnels that were once dark will now glow and groove as riders zoom through over 600 feet of fun.
https://adventureisland.com/water-slides/2022-attractions/

Surf Dance Chris

Oct 14, 2021, 11:17:20 AM10/14/21
Gonna be a mighty expensive credit though.

Surf Dance Chris

Oct 15, 2021, 1:00:38 PM10/15/21
Pirate River Quest at Legoland Florida.

Surf Dance Chris

Oct 21, 2021, 9:39:03 AM10/21/21
Six Flags Magic Mountain:
“WONDER WOMAN™ Flight of Courage” - tallest and longest single-rail coaster on the planet where riders will fly over 3,300 feet of track, towering 13 stories and soaring at speeds up to 58 miles-per-hour. The new coaster will be located in the six-acre DC UNIVERSE™ area of the park, which will be expanded and entirely remodeled to include a new, innovative restaurant and bar experience, plus retail locations featuring exclusive DC branded merchandise.

Surf Dance Chris

Nov 12, 2021, 7:57:15 PM11/12/21
Wild Adventures:

Wild Adventures Theme Park has announced additions that will be unveiled in 2022, including a new restaurant and live music venue, a partnership with Georgia Beer Company, new and expanded festivals, new nighttime events, a new animal attraction and more.

“These additions reflect our desire to create new and exciting experiences for our guests and our commitment to growth as we continue to establish Wild Adventures as the premiere entertainment destination for families in our region,” said Jon Vigue, vice president and general manager.

Water’s Edge Brews & Bites
Relaxation and live entertainment are coming to the Wild Adventures with Water’s Edge Brews & Bites, a restaurant and entertainment venue featuring locally brewed beers, wine, gourmet pretzels and shaded spaces for guests to enjoy live music around the lake at the heart of the park.

“Georgia Beer Company strives to be a good representative of South Georgia. Without a doubt, Wild Adventures represents and embodies the best of both South Georgia and the Southeast United States,” said Chris Jones, Georgia Beer Co. “As such, all of us at Georgia’s southernmost brewery are extremely excited about the forthcoming partnership; what it means for Valdosta-Lowndes County, and what it means for the future of tourism and quality of life in our community. This is one adventure we can’t wait to embark upon.”

Water's Edge Brews & Bites will serve beer and wine in a relaxed and controlled atmosphere, with guests not permitted to take drinks outside of a designated area.

“Our guests have been asking for a space like this for a long time, and it’s important to us that we bring this area to life in a way that is family-friendly and provides an enjoyable atmosphere for everyone,” said Vigue.

Wanyama Overlook
Translated from Swahili, “wanyama” means “animals,” and guests will find some amazing ones at the new Wanyama Overlook, the largest new animal habitat Wild Adventures has introduced in over a decade.

The Wanyama Overlook will feature a variety of exotic animals native to Africa and Asia, including giraffes, zebras, water buffalo, wildebeests and more. The unique exhibit will also serve as a fun and immersive catering space with a view for private events and a shaded area for families to enjoy.

“Wanyama Overlook will be a place for our guests to relax in the shade and learn about these majestic creatures when we open in 2022,” said Vigue.

Shamrock the Park
Wild Adventures will open for the 2022 Season with the debut of a brand new Spring festival, Shamrock the Park, March 19-April 3.

“Shamrock the Park is going to be a blast for both young children and their parents,” said Vigue. “We will bring Irish charm to Wild Adventures with great music around every corner and activities for the kids.”

Shamrock the Park will feature a shamrock scavenger hunt for kids, live music, a festival parade, authentic Irish menu items at park restaurants and more.

Pounce & Crunch’s Easter Eggstravaganza
Wild Adventures is expanding it’s annual Easter celebration over two weekends. Pounce and Crunch’s Easter Eggstravaganza will feature a new Easter Parade, new activities and the hunt for over 100,000 candy-filled eggs.

“Pounce and Crunch’s Easter Eggstravaganza will be the largest Easter celebration in our region and we take this event to a new level,” said Vigue.

All-Star Summer Concert Series
The All-Star Summer Concert Series will return with performances from over 12 big-name artists. “We’ve been hard at work building our 2022 Concert Lineup with can’t-miss performers, and we are looking forward to announcing the full lineup in late February,” said Vigue.

The 2022 All-Star Summer Concert Series will kick off with the annual Passholder Appreciation Concert on April 30.

Sweet Summer Nights
Every Friday night in June and July, Wild Adventures will stay open late with live music around the lake and a family-friendly dance party in Splash Island Waterpark. A new lighting package installed in 2021, will illuminate the park and allow for guest interaction with the park’s nocturnal animals.

Every Friday night in July will also feature a fireworks display.

Full Operating Calendar and Season Pass Structure
Wild Adventures will be open more days in 2022, as it opens in mid-March and returns to operations on all weekdays in June and July. Opening day will be Friday, March 18, 2022 for the theme park and April 2, 2022 for Splash Island Waterpark.

The theme park has also launched a new flexible three-tier Season Pass program that includes a Gold Pass which includes free soda all year. The remainder of the 2021 Season and all of the 2022 Season is included with a Wild Adventures 2022 Season Pass.

Also new this year, is a convenient payment plan that allows families to finance their pass purchase over 3, 6 or 11 months. Passes start at just $8 per month and are on sale now at the park and WildAdventures.com.

Surf Dance Chris

Nov 15, 2021, 7:04:25 PM11/15/21
Sandcastle Waterpark:
Drop-in all summer long and experience our newest high altitude, free-fall body slide for 2022, Bombs Away!
Learn more at https://bddy.me/3osCiOd

Surf Dance Chris

Nov 16, 2021, 8:00:31 PM11/16/21
Niagara Amusement Park:
Trail Walk

Adventureland (New York):
Fireball - new ride, details coming later this week.

Fun Spot America (Atlanta):
RMC coaster will be named “ArieForce One”

Lost Island Theme Park:
Volkanu- Quest For the Golden Idol (new dark ride concept from Sally)

Extreme Engineering new products:
Cloud Coaster
Surfing Tsunami
SkyTag
Parkour Around

JRA will become part of RWS Entertainment Group

Surf Dance Chris

Nov 17, 2021, 3:10:34 AM11/17/21
JUST ANNOUNCED AT IAAPA! NEW DARK RIDE COMING TO MONTEREYS CANNERY ROW IN 2022!

Daniels Wood Land, Inc. and Sally Dark Rides will be the owners/operators of this brand new dark ride, dubbed Treasure Hunt - The Ride, featuring a 5 minute long ride and 15 minute queue experience. Learn more in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xysrYUwz-Us&ab_channel=ThemeParkInsider

Surf Dance Chris

Nov 19, 2021, 10:04:34 PM11/19/21
“Fireball” at Adventureland in New York. This is a “Rollerball” model medium size version coaster from Ride Engineers Switzerland. First of its kind in North America.

Kennywood will bring back the Kangaroo ride, which closed after 2020. Ride is refurbished by Premier Rides.

Heather Kendrick

Nov 19, 2021, 11:47:20 PM11/19/21
On Nov 19, 2021, Surf Dance Chris wrote
(in article<44b59fee-6752-4671...@googlegroups.com>):
I´m so excited about the Kangaroo return. I´m a late riser and woke up to
this news today, and it was a great way to start the day. I will have to make
a Kennywood trip in 2022 to celebrate. I´m casting my vote for the
"vintage" graphics package.

--
Heather, the Carousel Rabbit

Surf Dance Chris

Dec 7, 2021, 9:57:44 PM12/7/21
Busch Gardens Tampa’s Skyride reopening summer 2022.

Surf Dance Chris

Dec 17, 2021, 10:22:00 PM12/17/21
Fun Spot America in Kissimmee: new Rock ‘N Roll ride (guessing it’ll replace the similar Flying Bobs.

Surf Dance Chris

Dec 18, 2021, 11:33:39 PM12/18/21
Mt. Olympus Water and Theme Park:
Medusa’s Slidewheel - first rotating water slide in the U.S.

Surf Dance Chris

Dec 21, 2021, 9:30:10 PM12/21/21
Adventureland Resort in Iowa is now part of the Palace Entertainment group of attractions!
What does this mean for guests in 2022? First - Adventureland is expanding! Eight new family rides will open next season, plus two more all-new attractions to come in 2023. Second - our Platinum Passholders just scored more perks: you may now use your Adventureland Platinum Pass at any Palace Entertainment park in the country!

Surf Dance Chris

Dec 30, 2021, 2:41:28 PM12/30/21
Typhoon Lagoon will reopen January 2nd

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 7, 2022, 12:02:13 AMJan 7
Kings Dominion: WinterFest is cancelled for January 8 and 9, 2022.

Alabama Adventure:
New mouse coaster for 2022 relocated from Lake Winnie- “Cheddar Chase”, a Wild Mouse coaster from L&T Systems.

Busch Gardens Tampa ride closure schedule:
The following areas and attractions are temporarily closed:
Gwazi Gliders (January 3 - 7)
Montu (January 4 - February 18)
Skyride
Slimey's Sahara Sand
Treetop Trails & Jungala Play Areas
Upcoming attraction closures for annual maintenance:
SheiKra (January 31 - March 4)
Stanley Falls Flume (February 7 - March 18)
The Count's Cars (February 14 - 18)
Desert Runners (February 21 - March 4)

SeaWorld Orlando:
Ice Breaker officially opens February 18

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 7, 2022, 4:11:20 PMJan 7
From Knott’s Berry Farm:
Montezooma’s Revenge will close on January 10, 2022, as major renovations will be taking place to this historic coaster. 🎢 This flywheel-launched shuttle coaster was the first of its kind and will be upgraded with exciting changes while keeping the ride’s unique charm that our guests have loved for generations. Stay tuned for more information later this year. 🐍 The new Montezooma’s Revenge is scheduled to open in 2023.

Tyler Eaves

Jan 7, 2022, 6:25:35 PMJan 7
On Friday, January 7, 2022 at 4:11:20 PM UTC-5, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> From Knott’s Berry Farm:
> Montezooma’s Revenge will close on January 10, 2022, as major renovations will be taking place to this historic coaster. 🎢 This flywheel-launched shuttle coaster was the first of its kind and will be upgraded with exciting changes while keeping the ride’s unique charm that our guests have loved for generations. Stay tuned for more information later this year. 🐍 The new Montezooma’s Revenge is scheduled to open in 2023.

Interesting.

I'm guessing new train and maybe a LSM conversion?

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 7, 2022, 6:41:56 PMJan 7
I have a feeling you’re right. I’m almost surprised they’re keeping it at the point. Closed for over a year means major changes.

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 8, 2022, 10:42:35 PMJan 8
ZooAmerica at Hersheypark will be closed tomorrow due to forecasted weather.

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 11, 2022, 6:20:25 PMJan 11
Knott’s Berry Farm:
Lights, Camera, Pizza! Here's your first look at our all-new quick-service Italian eatery that will be located in the former Hollywood Hits location. This fun new restaurant pays nod to our 1920 roots with an art deco design and exciting new food options for guests, including pastas, salads, breadsticks, and a variety of pizzas. Coming to Memory Lane at Knott's Berry Farm this Summer 2022!
Back by popular demand, the historic Montezooma's Revenge will be opening again for guests to experience this classic coaster for a limited time, beginning on January 11. 🎢 This will be your last chance to ride this iconic flywheel-launched shuttle coaster before it closes for major renovations. 🐍 The new Montezooma's Revenge is scheduled to open in 2023.

The Grand Floridian Spa is opening Jan. 26 at Walt Disney World.

Animal Connections has reopened at Busch Gardens Tampa.

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 13, 2022, 9:35:57 PMJan 13
Busch Gardens Williamsburg will be closed January 16 due to expected weather.

Universal Studios Florida announced its Mardi Gras concert lineup:
Feb 5 – Sugar Ray
Feb 12 – Diana Ross
Feb 19 – Barenaked Ladies
Feb 20 – Styx
Feb 26 – Jon Pardi
Mar 5 – LL Cool J
Mar 6 – Marshmello
Mar 12 – Lee Brice
Mar 13 – Becky G
Mar 18 – Khalid
Mar 19 – Seal
Mar 20 – Gavin Degraw
Mar 25 – The Revivalists
Mar 26 – Jimmie Allen
Mar 27 – Jason Derulo

Rik P

Jan 14, 2022, 2:48:44 AMJan 14
On Friday, January 7, 2022 at 1:11:20 PM UTC-8, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> From Knott’s Berry Farm:
> Montezooma’s Revenge will close on January 10, 2022, as major renovations will be taking place to this historic coaster. 🎢 This flywheel-launched shuttle coaster was the first of its kind and will be upgraded with exciting changes while keeping the ride’s unique charm that our guests have loved for generations. Stay tuned for more information later this year. 🐍 The new Montezooma’s Revenge is scheduled to open in 2023.

And then they announced that it's staying open for a limited time for a last chance to ride.

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 15, 2022, 6:42:58 PMJan 15
Quassy Amusement Park:
And the winner is: Rocket Rapids!
That is the official name given to the new water coaster coming this season to the park, Quassy officials announced today.
The state-of-the-art attraction’s name was coined by Mrs. Jessica Papp’s fourth grade homeroom class at Canton Intermediate School, Canton, Conn., in a contest among local and area elementary and middle schools.

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 18, 2022, 8:35:06 PMJan 18
Florida State Fair Ride List has been posted:
Ride Name Height Requirement Other Restrictions
Air Raid
(spectacular) 51" or more
75" maximum
8 tickets required.
Alpine Bobs
(thrill) 42" or more
5 tickets required.
Axis
(thrill) 42" with paid adult
52" alone
4 tickets required.
Beach Shack
(family) 36" with paid adult
42" alone
3 tickets required.
Berry Go Round
(family) 36" with paid adult
42" alone
3 tickets required.
Bumble Bee
(kiddie) 36" or more
54" maximum
3 tickets required.
Bumper Cars
(family) 42" with paid adult
48" alone
4 tickets required.
Bumper Cars
(family) 42" with paid adult
48" alone
4 tickets required.
Carousel
(family) 32" with paid adult
42" alone 150lb. weight limit per horse.
4 tickets required.
Circus Train
(kiddie) 36" with paid adult
42" alone
3 tickets required.
Cliff Hanger
(thrill) 48" or more Max. weight per car: 540lbs.
4 tickets required.
Construction Zone
(kiddie) 36" or more
54" maximum
3 tickets required.
Daytona
(kiddie) 36" with paid adult
42" alone
3 tickets required.
Downdraft
(thrill) 46" with paid adult
48" alone
4 tickets required.
Dragon Flyer Coaster
(family) 36" with paid adult
47" alone
4 tickets required.
Dragon Wagon
(kiddie) 36" or more
54" maximum
3 tickets required.
Dragstrip Jr. Slide
(family) 42" or more
3 tickets required.
Enterprise
(spectacular) 54" or more No single riders
6 tickets required.
Flying Dumbos
(family) 36" with paid adult
42" alone
4 tickets required.
Free Bird
(thrill) 48" or more
5 tickets required.
Friendly Wheel
(spectacular) 36" with paid adult
56" alone
5 tickets required.
Giant Wheel
(family) 36" with paid adult
42" alone No single riders
6 tickets required.
Granny Bugs
(kiddie) 32" or more
54" maximum
3 tickets required.
Groovy Bus
(kiddie) 32" or more
54" maximum No adults
3 tickets required.
Happy Swing
(kiddie) 36" or more
73" maximum
3 tickets required.
Haunted
(thrill) 36" with paid adult
42" alone No flip flops, sandals, open toed shoes, bare feet
4 tickets required.
Haunted Mansion
(thrill) 36" with paid adult
42" alone No flip flops, sandals, open toed shoes, bare feet
4 tickets required.
Helicopters
(kiddie) 36" or more
3 tickets required.
Hit in 2000
(spectacular) 50" or more
78" maximum
6 tickets required.
Hydro Shock
(spectacular) 48" or more
5 tickets required.
Jalopy Junction
(family) 36" with paid adult
42" alone
3 tickets required.
Jumping Star
(kiddie) 36" or more
54" maximum
3 tickets required.
Landslide
(family) 42" or more
4 tickets required.
Light House Dive
(kiddie) 36" with paid adult
42" alone
3 tickets required.
Magnum
(spectacular) 55" or more
6 tickets required.
Mega Drop
(spectacular) 55" or more
82" maximum
5 tickets required.
Merry-Go-Round
(family) 32" with paid adult
42" alone 150lb. weight limit per horse.
4 tickets required.
Midway Sky Eye
(spectacular) 36" with paid adult
42" alone
5 tickets required.
Mighty Mouse Coaster
(spectacular) 42" with paid adult
48" alone
6 tickets required.
Mini Dumbos
(kiddie) 36" or more
54" maximum
3 tickets required.
Mini-Himalaya
(family) 36" with paid adult
48" alone
3 tickets required.
Monster Trucks
(kiddie) 36" with paid adult
42" alone
3 tickets required.
Music Express
(thrill) 48" or more
4 tickets required.
Orbiter
(thrill) 52" or more
5 tickets required.
Pirate
(thrill) 48" or more
5 tickets required.
Puppy Roll
(family) 36" with paid adult
42" alone
3 tickets required.
RC-48 Coaster
(spectacular) 55" or more
76" maximum
6 tickets required.
Ring of Fire
(thrill) 48" or more
Rock Star
(spectacular) 60" or more
5 tickets required.
Silver Streak
(family) 36" with paid adult
48" alone
3 tickets required.
Sky Ride
(family) 48" with paid adult
48" alone under 48” with paid adult
4 tickets required.
Space Roller
(spectacular) 54" or more
6 tickets required.
Space Shuttle
(family) 48" or more
3 tickets required.
Starship 4000
(thrill) 48" or more
4 tickets required.
Starship 4000
(thrill) 48" or more
4 tickets required.
Street Fighter 360
(spectacular) 55" or more
77" maximum
5 tickets required.
Super Cyclone Coaster
(spectacular) 48" with paid adult
52" alone 4 riders per car - no single riders.
6 tickets required.
Super Himalaya
(spectacular) 60" or more
6 tickets required.
Super Slide
(family) 42" or more
4 tickets required.
Surfs Up
(family) 42" or more
4 tickets required.
Swamp Gator
(kiddie) 32" or more
54" maximum
3 tickets required.
Tea Cups
(family) 36" with paid adult
42" alone
3 tickets required.
Techno Power
(spectacular) 52" or more
5 tickets required.
Tilt-A-Whirl
(family) 36" with paid adult
46" alone
4 tickets required.
Typhoon
(thrill) 42" with paid adult
52" alone
5 tickets required.
Umbrella 4x4 Quads
(kiddie) 32" or more
54" maximum
3 tickets required.
Umbrella Farm Tractors
(kiddie) 32" or more
54" maximum
3 tickets required.
Umbrella Hummers
(kiddie) 32" or more
54" maximum
3 tickets required.
Umbrella VW Bugs
(kiddie) 32" or more
54" maximum
3 tickets required.
Undersea Adventure
(kiddie) 36" with paid adult
48" alone
3 tickets required.
Vertigo
(spectacular) 48" or more
4 tickets required.
Wacky Shack
(family) 36" with paid adult
42" alone No flip flops, sandals, open toed shoes, bare feet
4 tickets required.
Wacky Worm Coaster
(family) 36" with paid adult
42" alone
4 tickets required.
Zero Gravity
(thrill) 48" or more
4 tickets required.
Zipper
(thrill) 52" or more No single riders
4 tickets required.
Zombie Hotel
(family) 36" with paid adult
42" alone No flip flops, sandals, open toed shoes, bare feet
4 tickets required.

**RIDE LIST SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME**

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 20, 2022, 8:19:15 AMJan 20
Six Flags Magic Mountain launches pay-per-ride option on 4 coasters
Magic Mountain has launched a single-use, pay-per-ride Flash Pass on four of the Valencia amusement park’s most popular roller coasters. The new Flash Pass Skip-the-Line single-ride option is available at Magic Mountain on select days for West Coast Racers, Twisted Colossus, Full Throttle and Goliath.

Universal’s Volcano Bay closed January 16-18 due to weather.

Several Six Flags parks are modifying their membership programs.

“Love's Revenge" at Sir Henry's Haunted Trail in Plant City, Florida returns for 2 nights only, FEB 11 & 12.

Morey’s Piers announced opening dates for 2022 season.

Hogwarts Express at Universal Orlando closed for maintenance through later next week.

Turn It Up at Busch Gardens Tampa returned January 14.

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 21, 2022, 9:24:11 AMJan 21
Iron Gwazi's grand opening is MARCH 11.

Emperor’s grand opening is MARCH 12.

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 25, 2022, 10:19:01 PMJan 25
Pantheon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg will open March 25.

Busch Gardens Tampa closed at 2:15pm today due to weather.

The South Florida Fair will be implementing new measures on the event’s final Friday and Saturday, Jan. 28 and 29. These proactive procedures come in the wake of the number of unsupervised minors roaming the fairgrounds on the busiest nights of the fair.
The new policy will be implemented on January 28 and 29 only starting at 8:30 p.m., as follows:
• All guests under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. ID will be required.
• In addition to the gate admission, all guests ages 6 to 17 years old must purchase a ride wristband.
This does not apply to advance ticket holders.

Mears Transporation Group is reopening the bus line between Busch Gardens and one of six Orlando pick-up locations including SeaWorld!!
(Please note the locations listed on the first page are NOT pickup locations, they are requesting where you are staying click through to PAGE TWO to see the 6 pick up locations)
The bus is free PROVIDED you have a paid Busch Gardens Ticket. You may start making reservations as soon as next Monday the 31st of January.

HUGE Mardi Gras is back! Let the good times roll with delicious Bayou Bites, Foto Spots, Children's Parade, and fun décor throughout the parks!
Fun Spot's HUGE Mardi Gras begins February 5th and runs through April 24th at both Fun Spot Orlando and Kissimmee.
https://fun-spot.com/mardi-gras-orlando-and-kissimmee/

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 28, 2022, 8:07:59 AMJan 28
Legoland New York:
Opening date is April 8th.
Lego City Water Playground opening summer 2022.
There will also be a new path and stairway to connect Miniland and Lego Ninjago World, Lego Castle and Lego City. A new food and beverage station will also be located in this hub.
New fireworks Red White and Boom on July 4.
First ever Christmas Bricktacular mid November through December.
New shows: Academy Of Arrrr, Detective Trace, and Earth Beat!

Big Rivers Waterpark in Texas:
The new Fairgrounds rides are about to open for family fun, and will include the Rolling Thunder spinning roller coaster, SPINdletop, a swing that propels riders in a pendulum for 360 degrees, a family attraction known as the Screaming Eagles, is a modern day Flying Scooter, that allows the riders to control the flight path of the car, and a rocking pirate ship called Lafitte's Fury. There will also be seven more rides, each varying in intensity from children's attractions to more rides that thrill.

Jenkinson’s Boardwalk in New Jersey:
NEW for the 2022 season! Introducing our newest attraction to the Amusement Park at Jenkinson’s Boardwalk, the Shark Escape.
The Shark Escape is a SBF Visa Family double vortex roller coaster that can hold up to 20 persons at a time with a total number of five cars. Themed to replicate an underwater buried treasure adventure, this two-minute ride takes you on a journey through 325ft worth of a golden yellow track reaching speeds up to 15mph. At approximately 72ft wide by 20ft high, the Shark Escape will be the must-try ride at Jenkinson’s Boardwalk during the 2022 season!

Weeki Wachee Springs:
Mermaid performances cancelled January 29 and 30 due to forecasted unusually cold temperatures.

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 28, 2022, 8:14:22 AMJan 28
Old Town:
Due to expected low temperatures on Saturday night, we will not be hosting Live Music at the Old Town Stage. Saturday's band, Liverpool Live, will return to Old Town on Saturday, March 12. For additional upcoming band performances, please visit our website: https://myoldtownusa.com/category/events/

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 28, 2022, 9:33:12 AMJan 28
Universal Orlando:
Creatures Of the Night, an all-new, limited-time Tribute Store is located in the Sahara Traders store at Universal Studios Florida.

Surf Dance Chris

Feb 1, 2022, 5:14:17 PMFeb 1
Montezooma’s Revenge at Knott’s Berry Farm will now close February 7 for major renovations, reopening in 2023.

Avalanche at Kings Dominion will be rethemed and renamed “Reptilian” for 2022.

SeaWorld Parks makes an offer to purchase Cedar Fair.

Sir Henry’s Haunted Trail announces “Blood Wedding” and “Cry Of Death” as the two trails for their Love’s Revenge event February 11 and 12, 2022.

Heather Kendrick

Feb 1, 2022, 10:03:23 PMFeb 1
On Feb 1, 2022, Surf Dance Chris wrote
(in article<4947a388-f708-4369...@googlegroups.com>):

> SeaWorld Parks makes an offer to purchase Cedar Fair.

Really hoping this doesn´t happen. Seems like it probably won´t, but
I´m no expert by any means.

Surf Dance Chris

Feb 1, 2022, 10:21:47 PMFeb 1
I think it would be good. The Cedar fair parks are mostly bland, cookie cutter and corporate feeling. Plus they don’t invest in several parks such as Dorney. SeaWorld owned parks are a lot more creative and unique, in my opinion. If it happens, I wonder if they’d change the company name to cedar fair the way Premier Parks changed their name to Six flags after they bought Six Flags. SeaWorld owned parks are investing heavily on rides (mostly coasters and thrill rides) and less on new animal exhibits and shows, so they’re headed in a cedar fair type direction anyway (hopefully with more themeing than CF likes).

Surf Dance Chris

Feb 2, 2022, 5:59:35 AMFeb 2
***NEW INDOOR AMUSEMENT CENTER ALERT***
Elev8 Fun Sanford is now open at the Seminole Towne Center in Florida,. What used to be a Sears department store is a now a two-story park with FAST electric go-karts, bowling, arcades, laser tag, climbing towers, ropes course, bars, and a restaurant with terrific food. As seen exclusively on Good Day Orlando.

Marshall

Feb 2, 2022, 8:08:00 AMFeb 2
I dont see it. What better theming do you see on Mako, Ice Breaker or Gwazi that CF doesnt have on Orion or SteVe? Neither corp is doing HaMaCraMA or 7DMT level theming. Most of the "theming" left at Seaworld has been there since the park opened. Same is true of both BG parks, outside of Cobras snake. Hell, Tigris is built in the trough of a shoot-the-chute ride with no real changes.

I just dont understand why SeaWorld would want to expand North, I can easily see why CF would want to get into Florida.
I also dont see how KD and BGW would both survive the merger.

GodsOnSafari

Feb 2, 2022, 8:50:37 AMFeb 2
> I dont see it. What better theming do you see on Mako, Ice Breaker or Gwazi that CF doesnt have on Orion or SteVe? Neither corp is doing HaMaCraMA or 7DMT level theming. Most of the "theming" left at Seaworld has been there since the park opened. Same is true of both BG parks, outside of Cobras snake. Hell, Tigris is built in the trough of a shoot-the-chute ride with no real changes.

They make the most of what they have because they don't have $200 million to spend on a junior coaster. That said, it's the "most of what they have" which isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. They want to borrow money before the fed increases rates to combat inflation and consolidation is the name of the game right now. There's no growth in any of these properties, just opportunities for synergies and greater appeal to acquire meaningful IPs.

> I just dont understand why SeaWorld would want to expand North, I can easily see why CF would want to get into Florida.
> I also dont see how KD and BGW would both survive the merger.

KD might not. It's never been the sort of performer that Kings Island is nor does it have access to the tax breaks that Carowinds got.

Surf Dance Chris

Feb 3, 2022, 5:02:51 PMFeb 3

Santa's Village Azoosement Park in East Dundee, Ill. has something to ho-ho-ho about this year. The independent theme park has purchased a custom-designed dark ride from IRM. The ride's system was built by Majestic Rides out of Ohio, and the ride itself, formerly known as Escape from Dinosaur Beach, had its original home on the New Jersey Boardwalk. However, in 1998, the ride was placed in storage.

Santa's Village is planning to install and open a revamped version of the ride for 2022. The ride will be rethemed with tech support and general help provided by IRM and Majestic. IRM is also selling Santa's Village a classic Hampton children's ride. The ride company's president, Sam Shurgott says IRM remains “committed to providing reliable rides, equipment and services at the best possible prices and intend to leave parks and facilities a better place.” What new theme Santa has in store for the classic dino dark ride has yet to be determined.

In 2019, Santa's Village announced plans to open a new log flume ride dubbed the Yuletide Plunge for the 2022 season. That ride's hardware was also purchased from IRM. The flume ride was originally known as the Log Jammer in its run from 1992 to 2009 at Kiddieland in Melrose Park, Ill.
Your Company could be here!
Created by OD Hopkins, the flume ride runs 1,000 feet in length and features a 25-foot drop.

Surf Dance Chris

Feb 4, 2022, 10:27:20 PMFeb 4
Busch Gardens Williamsburg closed February 4 due to weather.

Aquatica Orlando closed February 5 due to weather.

Surf Dance Chris

Feb 8, 2022, 12:15:13 AMFeb 8
Weeki Wachee:
🌧 Due to inclement weather tomorrow, Tuesday February 8, there will not be a mermaid performance at 11 AM. We will update the page if there are any changes for the 3 PM show.

Heather Kendrick

Feb 8, 2022, 11:48:23 PMFeb 8
On Feb 3, 2022, Surf Dance Chris wrote
(in article<ca3655f0-8fbf-4175...@googlegroups.com>):

> Santa's Village Azoosement Park in East Dundee, Ill. has something to
> ho-ho-ho about this year. The independent theme park has purchased a
> custom-designed dark ride from IRM. The ride's system was built by Majestic
> Rides out of Ohio, and the ride itself, formerly known as Escape from
> Dinosaur Beach, had its original home on the New Jersey Boardwalk. However,
> in 1998, the ride was placed in storage.

Wow, that kind of news almost has me wanting to finally make a visit to
Santa´s Village. I´ve stayed away because I avoid patronizing
unaccredited zoos (which are usually better characterized as exotic animal
collections), but it´s going to really test my principles to have to pass
up a quirky dark ride.

Surf Dance Chris

Feb 9, 2022, 7:56:41 PMFeb 9
Niagara Amusement Park:
“We are pleased to announce that another 🎢 Schwarzkopf 🎢 will be joining the IB Parks arsenal! Arriving right here at Niagara Amusement Park, this classic shuttle loop coaster (with flywheel launch!) is expected to begin construction as soon as the weather cooperates!!”
This is Kennywood’s old Laser Loop!

Busch Gardens Tampa:
Closing at 12 noon February 8 due to weather

Fun Spot America - both Florida locations:
Closing outdoor rides early and arcade at 9pm on February 8 due to weather.

Dollywood:
Dollywood on Tuesday announced they'll start paying a hundred percent of tuition for employees who wish to further their education. This includes the cost of fees and textbooks.

Surf Dance Chris

Feb 10, 2022, 8:31:20 AMFeb 10
BREAKING NEWS! Wild Adventures Theme Employees to Receive 100% FREE Tuition!

Starting February 24, every employee at Wild Adventures, regardless of their role, will be eligible for 100 percent free tuition through Herschend GROW U, a new program from our parent company, Herschend Enterprises, in partnership with Guild Education. GROW U connects our team members with amazing online programs to earn degrees, diplomas and certificates.
Right now, we are gearing up for our 2022 Season, and we are looking to hire over 500 people to help us create unforgettable experiences for our guests. If you’re looking to further your education, we invite you to join our team. See available positions now at https://fal.cn/3m2Qx

Surf Dance Chris

Feb 18, 2022, 10:10:18 PMFeb 18
Wisdom Rides Sells it's First New 1-Trailer Giant Wheel to McDaniel Brothers Shows.

Cedar Fair rejects SeaWorld’s offer to purchase Cedar Fair.

Carnival Warehouse announced a new print magazine, publishing 10 times per year.

B&C Amusements has decided to do away with the ride portion of their business. In 2022, they will just operate their food stands and they are selling their rides. One of their rides is a Swinging Gym, one of only two rides of its kind they claim are still operating in the US.

Steve Mattfeld of Sun Valley Rides will be taking delivery on a Luna Park wheel this coming season. In addition, Luna Park wheels will be delivered to Matt Jax Amusements, Texas Born Amusements, and Paul Huesman for a Nov. 21 delivery.

Bronx Zoo’s Dinosaur Safari will return this spring

Cedar Point’s Top Thrill Dragster coaster will remain closed all of 2022.

Surf Dance Chris

Feb 19, 2022, 7:24:25 PMFeb 19
Star City in Philippines will finally reopen February 24, 2022 after an temporary closure in mid 2019 after a fire at the park.
Message has been deleted

Surf Dance Chris

Feb 20, 2022, 9:55:11 PMFeb 20