2022 announcements

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 25, 2021, 1:58:45 PMFeb 25
Peppa Pig Theme Park Florida
(new park, part of LEGOLAND Florida Resort)

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 3, 2021, 9:47:27 PMMar 3
Lost Island (new park) in Iowa

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 18, 2021, 12:04:26 PMMar 18
The International Association of Fairs & Expositions (IAFE) Convention & Trade Show will begin moving to different cities beginning with the 2022 event.

surfd...@aol.com

May 4, 2021, 10:14:27 PMMay 4
Florida State Fair 2022 will be February 10-21, 2022 (typical dates for the fair)

surfd...@aol.com

May 26, 2021, 6:08:45 AMMay 26
Fun Spot America Atlanta announced a new for 2022 coaster, built by RMC.

Surf Dance Chris

Jun 8, 2021, 11:35:44 PMJun 8
Dollywood Heartsong Lodge and Resort, accepting reservations Fall 2022

Surf Dance Chris

Jun 19, 2021, 11:18:02 PMJun 19
Mattel, Inc. announced they are opening a new park “Mattel Adventure Park” in October 2022 in Glendale, Arizona. It will feature a Hot Wheels roller coaster, amongst other attractions.

Surf Dance Chris

Jul 28, 2021, 11:34:42 PMJul 28
Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger! World's steepest dive roller coaster unveiled as part of the Six Flags Fiesta Texas 30th Anniversary Celebration in 2022

Surf Dance Chris

Jul 30, 2021, 9:23:13 AMJul 30
Info in the new Peppa Pig Theme Park being built on Legoland Florida property. One of the six rides will be a coaster called “Daddy Pig’s Roller Coaster”.

https://www.winterhavenchamber.com/blog/rides-attractions-revealed-for-the-worlds-first-peppa-pig-theme-park

Surf Dance Chris

Aug 6, 2021, 7:12:36 PMAug 6
“Defiance” a record breaking Gerstlauer coaster at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park in Colorado.

Tyler Eaves

Aug 6, 2021, 10:16:07 PMAug 6
On Friday, August 6, 2021 at 7:12:36 PM UTC-4, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> “Defiance” a record breaking Gerstlauer coaster at Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park in Colorado.

What record is it breaking? It isn't the tallest, or the fastest, or the most inversions, even amongst Eurofighters.

Surf Dance Chris

Aug 6, 2021, 10:37:01 PMAug 6
Don’t know. But that’s how they’re advertising it. I was wondering, too. So I guess we’ll see…

Tyler Eaves

Aug 6, 2021, 11:57:43 PMAug 6
On Friday, August 6, 2021 at 10:37:01 PM UTC-4, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> Don’t know. But that’s how they’re advertising it. I was wondering, too. So I guess we’ll see…

I have a sneaky suspicion it's about the altitude... sorta like how Straosphere used to call the Hiroller the tallest/highest coaster.

Surf Dance Chris

Aug 12, 2021, 11:00:28 PMAug 12
Kings Dominion announced:
Jungle X-Pedition and Tumbili
Explorers wanted! The park is renaming and upgrading the Safari Village area of the park and introducing Jungle X-Pedition. At Jungle X-Pedition, guests will be immersed in a completely transformed jungle experience featuring a brand-new roller coaster, new signature dining location, all new retail store, and more discoveries to come – all richly themed to reflect the adventure of an archeological expedition.
One of these discoveries: Tumbili (toom-bee-lee -- the Swahili word for “monkey”), a 4D Free Spin roller coaster that uses state-of-the art magnetic technology to control and induce spinning as the riders tumble along the track. Riders will climb aboard and travel up 112 feet on a 90 degree vertical lift hill and make their way back to the bottom as they spin along the triple stacked track featuring two beyond-vertical raven drops.

Surf Dance Chris

Aug 23, 2021, 9:48:38 PMAug 23
“Ice Breaker” at SeaWorld Orlando will open February 2022

“Iron Gwazi” at Busch Gardens Tampa will open March 2022

“Tidal Surge” at SeaWorld San Antonio will open in spring 2022. It will be the world’s tallest and fastest Screamin’ Swing.

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 9, 2021, 11:25:06 AMSep 9
Calendar of special events at SeaWorld Orlando has been posted.

10 new rides at Adventureland Park in Iowa.

Pantheon at Busch Gardens Williamsburg will open in March 2022.

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 14, 2021, 10:08:13 PMSep 14
Rock the Universe at Universal Orlando January 28 and 29

Finding Nemo the Musical at Disney’s Animal Kingdom to be reimagined for 2022

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 30, 2021, 11:18:33 AMSep 30

Surf Dance Chris

Oct 7, 2021, 12:22:01 PMOct 7
Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios Florida will close for refurbishment January 7 to late summer 2022

New attractions, new rides, and new pedestrian plazas set to open at Luna Park in Coney Island, New York in Spring of 2022.

Surf Dance Chris

Oct 12, 2021, 11:40:43 PMOct 12
Peppa Pig theme park officially opening February 24th.

Richard Bannister

Oct 14, 2021, 6:17:00 AMOct 14
On Wednesday, 13 October 2021 at 04:40:43 UTC+1, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> Peppa Pig theme park officially opening February 24th.

Credit whores can breathe a sigh of relief. The FAQ says that adults without kids will be admitted, so those who want to embarrass themselves can in fact do so.

-
www.superiorsolitaire.com

Surf Dance Chris

Oct 14, 2021, 11:15:34 AMOct 14
Two new attractions will be making a splash at Adventure Island, just in time for spring break! Guests can race down an all-new dueling water slide, Rapids Racer, featuring the world's first dueling saucers. Wahoo Remix, formerly Wahoo Run, will also re-surface as a new experience, with exciting first-of-its-kind ride elements for Tampa’s Island Paradise!
NEW! RAPIDS RACER
Three, two, one go! Feel the rush of competition on the ALL-NEW Rapids Racer! Riders grab a two-person raft before racing through nearly 600 feet of slide, complete with low walls to encounter your opponents throughout this side-by-side experience. The thrill of the chase is amplified as guests swirl through the world’s first dueling saucers in this exhilarating journey full of high-speed tunnels, turns, and more! Who will conquer this high-speed slide first? Find out at the finish line
NEW! WAHOO REMIX
Riders will enjoy waves of water and sound as they splash to the beat of a remixed favorite attraction. Formerly Wahoo Run, Wahoo Remix will be Adventure Island’s first waterslide to feature synchronized light and sound elements, delivering an all-new, high energy, family raft ride experience with ultimate party vibes. Enclosed tunnels that were once dark will now glow and groove as riders zoom through over 600 feet of fun.
https://adventureisland.com/water-slides/2022-attractions/

Surf Dance Chris

Oct 14, 2021, 11:17:20 AMOct 14
Gonna be a mighty expensive credit though.

Surf Dance Chris

Oct 15, 2021, 1:00:38 PM (13 days ago) Oct 15
Pirate River Quest at Legoland Florida.

Surf Dance Chris

Oct 21, 2021, 9:39:03 AM (7 days ago) Oct 21
Six Flags Magic Mountain:
“WONDER WOMAN™ Flight of Courage” - tallest and longest single-rail coaster on the planet where riders will fly over 3,300 feet of track, towering 13 stories and soaring at speeds up to 58 miles-per-hour. The new coaster will be located in the six-acre DC UNIVERSE™ area of the park, which will be expanded and entirely remodeled to include a new, innovative restaurant and bar experience, plus retail locations featuring exclusive DC branded merchandise.