How many kiddie coasters?

Mississippi RC

Dec 19, 2000, 3:24:50 AM12/19/00
Since amusement parks and the holiday season bring out the kid in all of
us, I thought it might be the appropriate time to ask this question. How
many kiddie coasters have you ridden?

For me, 14 of the 218 coasters on my track record are of the kiddie
variety. Of those 14, three are junior woodies (Beastie at PKI, Ghoster
Coaster at PCWo, and Zach's Zoomer at MA) and six are Vekoma Roller
Skaters (Roller Skater at SFKK, Gadget's Go-Coaster at DL, Goofy's
Barnstormer at WDWMK, Spacely's Sprocket Rockets at SFGrAm, WW's
Nuthouse Coaster at USO, and Rex's Rail Runner at Jazzland).

Another question: What coasters have you ridden that you are not sure
whether to categorize them as kiddie rides or not? For me, Pteranadon
Flyers was ridden by mostly adults at the time that I rode it. It may be
considered a kiddie ride now, but I don't see it that way. Also, I did
not include Poison Ivy at SFNE, though some might.

Have fun, y'all!

Glenn Payne

David Bowers

Dec 19, 2000, 4:42:58 AM12/19/00

Well, let's see, out of 157 ridden, Kiddies would be:
1) Litle Dipper - Herschell Kiddie Oval
2) Beastie - John Allen Wooden Junior
3) ??Scooby's Ghoster Coaster?? - Cairpro Suspended (Hey the park
calls it a junior)
4) Teddy Bear - Stricker's Junior
5) Rollerskater
6) Howler - Zamperla Junior
7) Scooby Doo (PKD) - John Allen Junior
8) Ghoster Coaster (PCWo) Wood Junior
9) Sea Serpent - Playland - Miler Junior
10) Bluebeard's Treasure Train - Zierer Tivoli
11) Road Runer Express - ZiererTivoli
12) Joust - Chance Junior
13) Little Leaper - Herschell Junior
14) High Speed Thrill Coaster - Overland Junior (But if it's got a 42"
minimum, is it a junior?)

Does Sky Princess count as a junior?
Are Flitzers considered juniors? (If so add 2)

tv's Spatch

Dec 19, 2000, 11:01:15 AM12/19/00
What would Mississippi RC <HulkR...@hotmail.com> do?

>Since amusement parks and the holiday season bring out the kid in all of
>us, I thought it might be the appropriate time to ask this question. How
>many kiddie coasters have you ridden?

Ooh, neat question, Glenn! Gives those of us not entrenched in
flamewar something to do.

I'm going totally by memory here and this may not be fully
chronological, but hey.

1. Kiddie Coaster, Mountain Park (did it ever have a real name?)
2. Ricky's Little Twister, Riverside (yes indeed, that one's a credit
but Rolling Thunder eluded me)
3. Mini Mine Train, Six Flags Over Texas
4. HSTC, Knoebels (but that certainly ain't no kiddie ride)
5. Scooby Doo Ghoster Coaster, PKD
6. Taxi Jam, PKD
7. Big Apple, Astroland (the sight of a train nearly full of
grown-ups on that thing was very very amusing)
8. Sea Serpent, Deno's Wonder Wheel Park
9. Dragon, Canobie Lake Park
10. Woodstock's Express, Cedar Point
11. Zach's Zoomer, Michigan's Adventure
12. Flying Unicorn, IOA
13. Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster, Universal Studios Orlando

Then there's the list of rides which I'm not sure if I should deem
"kiddie" or not. Frankly, if I included all rides with seats that
were very hard to fit into, all the "full-size" Arrow mine trains
would enter the list! The rides I would waver on putting or not
putting on this list include most of the Zierer "family" coasters like
Ripsaw at Mall of America, Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train, PITT, and
Jaguar. Then there are the rides which should be kiddie coasters, at
least, if they were on solid ground, like the High Roller... :)

--
der Spatchel R. Noyes
http://spatch.ne.mediaone.net Change ! to i to reply by mail.

Dave Althoff Jr

Dec 19, 2000, 11:29:31 AM12/19/00
My track record so far:
048 parks
052 wood coasters
106 steel coasters
001 plastic coaster
008 carnival coasters
006 "Not" coasters
---
167 total coasters

Of those, the following are most certainly kiddie coasters:
<W> Lil' Dipper, Camden Park
<S> Jr. Gemini, Cedar Point
<S> (Allan Herschell Little Dipper), Stricker's Grove
<S> (Bradley & Kaye kiddie coaster), Tuscora Park
<S> Cannonball, Adventure World
<S> Little Leaper, Lakemont Park
<S> Scooby Zoom/Top Cat's Taxi Jam, Kings Island
<S> The Howler, Holiday World
<S> Little Ripper, Thrill-Ville USA
<S> Zoooooom, Oaks Park
<S> Bear Trax, Seabreeze
<S> Ravine Flyer 3, Waldameer
<SC> Wacky Worm, Fajume S.A.

The following are small coasters and "not-coasters" that may be kiddies,
juniors, or something else entirely...specifically they are rides which
are designed to accommodate small children...

<W> Sea Dragon, Wyandot Lake
<W> Beastie, Kings Island
<W> Sky Princess, Dutch Wonderland
<W> Rollo Coaster, Idlewild
<W> Teddy Bear, Stricker's Grove
<W> Zach's Zoomer, Michigan's Adventure
<W> Ghoster Coaster, Paramount Canada's Wonderland
<W> Leap The Dips, Lakemont Park
<S> Roller Skater, Kentucky Kingdom
<S> High Speed Thrill Coaster, Knoebel's
<S> Tiger Terror, Wild Adventures
<S> Scooby's Ghoster Coaster, Kings Island
<S> Tivoli Coaster, MarineLand
<S> Woodstock Express, Cedar Point
<S> Road Runner Express, Six Flags Geauga Lake
<P> Pipeline Express, Putt 'N Pond Action Park
<NOT> Superstition Mountain, Indiana Beach
<NOT> Thunder Run, Canada's Wonderland
<NOT> Tiny Toot Railway, Silverwood

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
--
/^\ _ _ *** Thanks for a great season!!! ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _ _____

Robert Reagan

Dec 21, 2000, 10:28:11 AM12/21/00
Mine would be:

**Steel**

Marvel Mania, Visionland
The Patriot, Castles and Coasters
Little Dipper, Castle Amusement Park
Timberline Twister, KBF
Green Slime Mine Car Coaster, PGA
Taxi Jam, PGA
Sea Serpent, SCBB
Little Screamer, Scandia
Canyon Blaster, SFMM
Coaster, Lakeside, Denver
Kiddie Coaster, LC
Little Dipper, Quassy
Beastie, Alton Towers
Circus Clown, Blackpool
Toytown Coaster, Chessington
Mini Dragon, Drayton Manor
Big Apple, Dreamland
Flying Trapeze, Flamingoland
American Coaster, Frontierland
Rattler, Frontierland
Stampede, Frontierland
Big Apple, Southport
Sorcerer?, Camelot
Barnstormer, WDW
Dragon Wagon, Old Town
Mini Mine Train, SFoG
Spacely's Sprocket Rockets, SFGam
Roller Skater, SFKK
Great Chase, SFNE
Kiddie Coaster, SFA
Roller, SFM
Big Dipper, Mi Adv
Acme Gravity Powered Roller Ride, SFStL
Wacky Worm, WoF
Bunny Rabbit, Seabreeze
Little Dipper, Americana
Jr Gemini, CP
Top Cat's Taxi Jam, PKI
Wild Kitty, FC
Little Ripper, Thrill-Ville
Little Phantom, Kennywood
High Speed Thrill Coaster, Knoebels
Little Leaper, Lakemont
Mini Rock N Roller Coaster, Opryland
Little Dipper, Funland, TX
Little Coaster, Joyland, TX
Little Dipper, Sandy Lake
Serpent, SFAw
Der Rollschuhcoaster, SFFT
Mini Mine Train, SFoT
Taxi Jam, PKD
Little Titan, Big Chief
Little Dipper, Little A-Merrick-A
7 portable carnival rides

**Wood**

Jr Coaster, Birmingham State Fairgrounds
Zipper Dipper, Blackpool
Antelope, Gulliver's World
Zach's Zoomer, Mi Adv
Scooby Doo, PCWi