Conneaut Lake rides for sale

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 12, 2021, 6:17:00 PM9/12/21
Most of the rides at Conneaut Lake Park, including the Blue Streak and carousel, have been put up for sale at usedrides.com

TheK-ManRocks

Sep 18, 2021, 8:18:58 PM9/18/21
On Sunday, September 12, 2021 at 6:17:00 PM UTC-4, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> Most of the rides at Conneaut Lake Park, including the
>Blue Streak and carousel, have been put up for sale at usedrides.com

Sad to see the park go like this!

What? An Eli Bridge portable wheel for only US$1,000??

What could possibly be wrong with it? 🤣

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 19, 2021, 12:34:30 AM9/19/21
I’m guessing all their equipment is in bad shape. Wish they had just tried to sell the tumble bug instead of trying fix it or pretending to try anyway and then saying it needs to be scrapped.

Also, that emoji at the end of your response actually shows up as an emoji… never saw that on rrc before (I view on google groups).

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 19, 2021, 12:36:31 AM9/19/21
Also it’s sad to see only one person responded so far about this topic.

Richard Bannister

Sep 19, 2021, 2:55:55 AM9/19/21
On Sunday, 19 September 2021 at 05:36:31 UTC+1, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> Also it’s sad to see only one person responded so far about this topic.

Conneaut has been on borrowed time for decades. I'm glad that I got to visit it, but it's time to let it go.

-
www.superiorsolitaire.com

GodsOnSafari

Sep 20, 2021, 9:16:16 AM9/20/21
Exactly. It might have worked out if COVID didn't happen because they were at least at the point of operating in the black in 2019. But it did. I've said it before, will say it again: If the only wood coaster we lose and classic park that closes up is Conneaut Lake, I'm willing to accept that given the scope and grave nature of the threat that COVID poses to us.

Heather Kendrick

Nov 15, 2021, 1:39:12 PM11/15/21
On Sep 19, 2021, Surf Dance Chris wrote
(in article<9d902dee-4362-4895...@googlegroups.com>):

> Also it´s sad to see only one person responded so far about this
topic.

Jumping in very late to say... that´s partly due to the fact that my life
has been in a chaotic state for a while that has kept me away from many of my
usual online haunts. Had I been here I would have said something for sure.
I´ve been fairly active in various Conneaut Lake Park related Facebook
groups and have spent my ranting energy there. I don´t know if I have the
energy for much more of it but I´ll just say that watching CLP get stripped
under the completely disingenuous guise of "renovation" has been really
painful to me as someone with strong emotional ties to the park.

I will just note that CLP´s carousel has been there since 1905, which is a
really rare phenomenon. The only other classic carousel I can think of that
has been in its original location its whole existence is DelGrosso´s, which
is significantly newer (1924). Yes, I know (most of) the figures have been
replaced, but the carousel itself is original to the park. I am in the
minority here but I think losing the carousel is worse than losing the Blue
Streak, although I might have to rate the hacking up of the Tumble Bug for
scrap as the very worst of the three losses.

--
Heather, the Carousel Rabbit

Surf Dance Chris

Nov 15, 2021, 7:11:20 PM11/15/21
I’m in some (all?) of those groups as well. It’s been quite sad for sure. I’m getting the feeling keeping the park as it was, or at least maintaining a lot of its history, was not really the intention from the start. I do agree the loss of Tumble Bug is probably the worst loss of the 3.
I’ve only been to Conneaut Lake once (during the ACE Con in 2010), in addition to an unsuccessful visit (due to rain) in 2001, but I was really hoping the park would somehow continue to survive and eventually thrive. Still haven’t ridden Blue Streak. I’m not very optimistic anymore.

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 4, 2022, 11:03:28 PMJan 4
Well, according to various posts/photos on Facebook, the Blue Streak is no more. Apparently it was being dismantled and its wood getting a controlled burn, and the fire got out of control and more quickly burned most of the rest of the ride. Interesting that comments are disabled on the official Facebook page for the park nowadays. Seemed that few knew about the coaster being dismantled (but few were surprised). A shame what has happened to that park this past year.

Tyler Eaves

Jan 5, 2022, 12:34:30 PMJan 5
On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 11:03:28 PM UTC-5, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> Well, according to various posts/photos on Facebook, the Blue Streak is no more. Apparently it was being dismantled and its wood getting a controlled burn, and the fire got out of control and more quickly burned most of the rest of the ride. Interesting that comments are disabled on the official Facebook page for the park nowadays. Seemed that few knew about the coaster being dismantled (but few were surprised). A shame what has happened to that park this past year.

I visited Conneaut once, maybe about 2002. (Lakemont was the main stop on that trip... Leap the Dips was operational and Bland's was still Bland's and had the Zyklon). Blue Streak was down. I rode the Tumble Bug and left. Sad.

Do we know if the trains got saved, at least?

Surf Dance Chris

Jan 6, 2022, 10:05:00 AMJan 6
I believe I saw a comment that the trains were saved, and that the ACE Coaster Classic plaque from 2010 had been removed and put away somewhere back in 2019.

Cyclone411

Jan 7, 2022, 9:07:10 AMJan 7
Saving the trains has been the only possible save since it became brutally clear that the new owner only wanted the property for other purposes. We all knew there was no chance of keeping or moving the coaster and since the owner became aware of the virulent anger of enthusiasts at what he was doing it's not even mildly surprising to see the "accidental" fire. I hope both sets of trains were saved.