2021 closings

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 1, 2021, 4:35:27 PMFeb 1
Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando

Barney meet n greet, show and merchandise at Universal Studios Florida

Sorcerers Of the Magic Kingdom at Magic Kingdom

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 13, 2021, 6:54:14 PMFeb 13
Tower Arcade & Lounge at Citrus Tower in Clermont, Florida will be closing permanently March 2, 2021.

surfd...@aol.com

Mar 28, 2021, 10:46:46 PMMar 28
Schmidt Amusements, a carnival operator based in Michigan, is out of business after almost 40 years.

Heather Kendrick

Apr 10, 2021, 9:22:56 PMApr 10
On Mar 28, 2021, surfd...@aol.com wrote
(in article<34040d6f-dcd8-40d6...@googlegroups.com>):

> Schmidt Amusements, a carnival operator based in Michigan, is out of business
> after almost 40 years.

That´s a real shame. I hope the other Schmidt family operation, T.J.
Schmidt & Co., hangs on. They have a carousel that they bring to a couple of
fairs we go to and it´s an especially well run (read: reasonable speed)
carousel, plus pretty nicely painted for a carnival carousel.

--
Heather, the Carousel Rabbit

surfd...@aol.com

Apr 27, 2021, 9:42:16 PMApr 27
Fusion Bistro Sushi & Sake Bar at Universal Orlando CityWalk has closed for good. It's the second closure at CityWalk this year, after Blue Man Group.

surfd...@aol.com

May 1, 2021, 10:23:25 PMMay 1
Forever Young Amusements of Conley, Georgia has ceased operation as a traveling carnival. They had a whole lineup of thrill, family and kid rides, the only coaster they own is a small kiddie coaster.

surfd...@aol.com

May 4, 2021, 10:11:39 PMMay 4
Laser Kingdom of Farmingdale, New York has permanently closed (May have happened in 2020, not sure)

Heather Kendrick

May 22, 2021, 7:20:17 PMMay 22
On May 4, 2021, surfd...@aol.com wrote
(in article<c870e84d-85f2-4e36...@googlegroups.com>):

> Laser Kingdom of Farmingdale, New York has permanently closed (May have
> happened in 2020, not sure)

Not actually a 2021 closing (I think it last operated in 2019) but Conneaut
Lake Park has announced that despite their earlier claims that they were
removing the Tumble Bug "for refurbishment" and that it would operate in
2022, which no one believed except for the surprisingly large number of
people determined to kiss the new owner´s ass on social media, it´s
actually been permanently removed. Their post about it on Facebook claims
"we really tried" and that they´re very very sorry.

Meanwhile, the dynamic in the comments has shifted thusly:

(Before)
Skeptics: They´re obviously removing it permanently since they ripped out
the station and handrails and everything.
Suck-ups: Stop being so NEGATIVE! It will be back in 2022! The new owner is a
SAVIOR of this magnificent park and we should all be GRATEFUL that he´s
going to fix up the rides!

(After)
Suck-ups: THANK YOU so much to the new owner for trying so hard to save it!
Anyway they´ll replace it with new and better things. The rest of you
should shut up because it´s not YOUR property so you have no right to have
an opinion! And anyway it was unsafe! Or it was an eyesore/too noisy/made me
sick [etc. etc....]

Anyway, that leaves Kennywood´s the last standing, and we know Kennywood is
definitely 100% committed to preserving rare flat rides, so that should be
fine. Too bad they run it noticeably slower than CLP ran theirs.

surfd...@aol.com

May 22, 2021, 11:04:11 PMMay 22
I saw that post too, and it definitely seems doubtful they tried very hard to save it. The comments certainly have been interesting.

I’d have to disagree about your statement about Kennywood. This last winter, they removed the last of a kind Kangaroo, not to mention the rare Bayern Kurve. Prior to this last winter, I’d agree with you. But now I don’t think anything historic at Kennywood is going to last forever under Palace.

Heather Kendrick

May 23, 2021, 1:05:27 PMMay 23
On May 22, 2021, surfd...@aol.com wrote
(in article<3d22c904-582d-43d2...@googlegroups.com>):
> I´d have to disagree about your statement about Kennywood. This last
> winter, they removed the last of a kind Kangaroo, not to mention the rare
> Bayern Kurve.
Yes, that was the joke.

surfd...@aol.com

May 23, 2021, 10:22:57 PMMay 23
Oh lol ok good, I was hoping, but it read as serious. Anyway, thanks for posting an update in this thread, sometimes I feel like the only one who does and cares about these announcements and closings threads.

Heather Kendrick

May 24, 2021, 4:47:08 PMMay 24
On May 23, 2021, surfd...@aol.com wrote
(in article<836fbb44-7d46-447b...@googlegroups.com>):
For what it´s worth I appreciate these threads! They keep me up
particularly on the small/less-well-known ride and park news, the stuff that
doesn´t necessarily make a big splash in my social media.

surfd...@aol.com

May 28, 2021, 10:17:41 PMMay 28
Dolphin Days at SeaWorld Orlando has ended, replaced with Dolphin Adventure

Surf Dance Chris

Jun 8, 2021, 11:34:05 PMJun 8
Shamrock in Wildwood, NJ will close and become parking lot

Surf Dance Chris

Jun 22, 2021, 8:18:50 AMJun 22
Midway provider California Carnival Company is folding and selling 35 rides on usedrides.com.

Surf Dance Chris

Jul 3, 2021, 9:04:16 PMJul 3
Sea Lion High at SeaWorld Orlando closed earlier this year, replaced by a new show “Sea Lion and Otter Spotlight”

Surf Dance Chris

Aug 6, 2021, 7:14:21 PMAug 6
Wicked Twister at Cedar Point is closing September 6, 2021

Surf Dance Chris

Aug 19, 2021, 10:37:07 PMAug 19
Pirates Cove Adventure Golf in Lake Buena Vista, Florida has permanently closed as of August 16.

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 9, 2021, 11:26:58 AMSep 9
Lighthouse, Falling Star, and Lady Luck rides at Adventureland in Iowa.

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 17, 2021, 8:36:23 AMSep 17
Enigma haunted house in Boca Raton, all will close after this haunt season. Sounds like they need to find another location to continue.