Florida parks hurricane updates

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 6, 2017, 12:03:55 PM9/6/17
Post here any updates to operation on the Florida parks, most or all which be affected by the incoming hurricane Irma.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 6, 2017, 12:05:48 PM9/6/17
SeaWorld Orlando has cancelled its annual pass holder picnic for Saturday 09/09.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 6, 2017, 12:49:20 PM9/6/17
The Guy Harvey event for this weekend at Busch Gardens Tampa has been rescheduled for December 16 and 17.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 6, 2017, 2:57:50 PM9/6/17
Jungle Adventures will be closing Saturday at noon to finish preparing. If visiting Thursday or Friday, guests should call ahead to be sure they're open.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 6, 2017, 6:55:53 PM9/6/17
Modest Mouse show at Hard Rock Cafe Orlando has been cancelled

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 6, 2017, 7:55:18 PM9/6/17
(Show was scheduled for Friday)

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 6, 2017, 8:50:58 PM9/6/17
Player 1 Video Game Bar closing early at midnight Saturday as of now

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 7, 2017, 9:13:32 AM9/7/17
Orlando international Airport (MCO) closing/ceasing flights at 5pm Saturday.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 7, 2017, 11:54:09 AM9/7/17
Miami Seaquarium closed beginning today September 7 until further notice after the hurricane.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 7, 2017, 6:29:44 PM9/7/17
Rock the Universe at UO Saturday and Night of Joy Saturday are cancelled.

Blizzard Beach closed.

Sanford Airport closed at 5:15pm starting on Saturday.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 7, 2017, 6:57:27 PM9/7/17
Lion Country Safari closed starting Friday 09/08

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 7, 2017, 7:07:53 PM9/7/17
Looks like Boardwalk Amusements or whatever it is now in Daytona (where the Sand Blaster coaster is) has prepared its rides for impact.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 7, 2017, 9:19:41 PM9/7/17
Clearwater aquarium closed beginning tomorrow Friday.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 7, 2017, 10:13:38 PM9/7/17
Tampa's Lowry Zoo is now closed as of 1pm today on Thursday 09/07 to prepare for the storm.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 7, 2017, 10:31:22 PM9/7/17
Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party cancelled Sunday 09/10

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 8, 2017, 8:21:26 AM9/8/17
Bok Tower Gardens closing early Saturday, closed Sunday, expected to reopen noon Monday if no damage, as of yesterday.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 8, 2017, 10:52:59 AM9/8/17
SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa closing by 5pm on Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday.

Discovery Cove closed Sunday and Monday.

Aquatica closed Saturday through Monday.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 8, 2017, 10:53:45 AM9/8/17
Adventure Island closed Saturday through Monday as well.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 8, 2017, 11:43:45 AM9/8/17
Jungle Adventures closing at noon today (Friday) instead of Saturday as originally planned. Reopening date to be announced.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 8, 2017, 11:47:08 AM9/8/17
Central Florida Zoo carousel and train closing at 2pm today to prepare. Zoo closed Saturday through Monday.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 8, 2017, 12:31:02 PM9/8/17
Universal Orlando Resort closing at 7pm Saturday. Closed Sunday and Monday. Reopening anticipated for Tuesday at normal hours.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 8, 2017, 12:36:21 PM9/8/17
A nice gesture from Wild Adventures in nearby Georgia, not far from the Florida border:

http://www.wildadventures.com/Plan-Your-Visit/Special-Events/Hurricane-Irma-Update

Wild Adventures is offering free admission on Saturday 09/09/2017 for anyone who was displaced because of Hurricane Irma. Proof of residency as being from one of those counties that was evac'd required.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 8, 2017, 2:37:18 PM9/8/17
Disney parks closing early Saturday, closed Sunday and Monday. Fireworks cancelled Saturday. Blizzard Beach closed Saturday as well. ESPN Wide world Of Sports closed Saturday through Monday.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 8, 2017, 2:40:28 PM9/8/17
Legoland Florida closed Saturday through Monday.

I-360 complex closing at 4pm Saturday, closing through Monday. Attractions closed all day Saturday except the arcade.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 9, 2017, 12:28:18 AM9/9/17
Busch Gardens Tampa closed Saturday, now, too, in addition to the already announced Sunday and Monday.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 9, 2017, 5:56:05 PM9/9/17
Gatorland closed at 3pm today.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 10, 2017, 1:17:03 PM9/10/17
Weeki Wachee closed Friday through Monday.

Fun Spot closed Sunday

SeaWorld and Lion Country Safari both updated their Facebook saying all animals are okay. Lion Country Safari had a power outage earlier and have some fallen trees.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 10, 2017, 10:22:51 PM9/10/17
Dade's City Wild things reported on their Facebook page major damage to the park, but no animals harmed.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 10, 2017, 11:40:05 PM9/10/17
Race City closing at 5pm Sunday, closed all day Monday.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 11, 2017, 11:56:10 AM9/11/17
Weeki Wachee and Kennedy Space Center both have no power and are closed until further notice.

SeaWorld has no major damage and animals are all safe.

Family Funland closed today

Orange County has curfew until 6pm today so all parks closed. Most parks expected to re-open tomorrow.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 11, 2017, 11:58:35 AM9/11/17
Busch Gardens Tampa reported all animals and employees are safe.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 11, 2017, 12:17:16 PM9/11/17
Clearwater Aquarium's animals are safe.

Bok Tower Gardens has no power, a lot of debris and 3 big trees uprooted. They are closed until further notice.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 11, 2017, 1:34:53 PM9/11/17
Apparently the Pirates dinner show has significant building damage (roof primarily).

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 11, 2017, 2:08:57 PM9/11/17
I-360 closed until further notice.

Legoland reopening Thursday, which is its next scheduled operating day.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 11, 2017, 2:40:53 PM9/11/17
Daytona Beach has a lot of damage, wouldn't expect the parks there to reopen too quickly.

Busch Gardens Tampa will be closed on Tuesday

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 11, 2017, 3:05:51 PM9/11/17
Lowry Park Zoo closed tomorrow, reopening Wednesday

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 11, 2017, 4:24:08 PM9/11/17
Disney theme parks and Disney Springs reopening Tuesday.

Disney water parks closed Tuesday, no reopening date given yet.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 11, 2017, 4:29:07 PM9/11/17
Fun Spot closed today

All Universal parks including Volcano Bay will reopen normal hours tomorrow (Tuesday). Halloween Horror Nights confirmed to begin Friday as scheduled

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 11, 2017, 5:26:10 PM9/11/17
Harry P. Leu Gardens closed until further notice.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 11, 2017, 5:53:05 PM9/11/17
Clearwater Aquarium, SeaWorld, Aquatica, and Discovery Cove all closed Tuesday.

Legoland Resort has no power including the hotels and are encouraging people to seek accommodations elsewhere.

CanobieFan

Sep 11, 2017, 6:33:52 PM9/11/17
Daytona Lagoons Kraken Racer water slide got ripped in half and ended up in the street next to the park....

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2017, 9:55:15 AM9/12/17
At I-360: Orlando SeaLife Aquarium and Madame Tussaud wax museum opening Tuesday, Orlando Eye closed.

Gatorland closed Tuesday as surrounding area has no power.

Family Fun Center opening Tuesday.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2017, 11:32:31 AM9/12/17
Fun Spot (both locations) reopening Tuesday.

Dinosaur World closed Tuesday, no power still, reopening TBD

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2017, 1:13:50 PM9/12/17
Andretti Thrill Park open today

Lowry Zoo opening tomorrow

Jungle Cruise ride at Magic Kingdom closed today

Holy Land Experience open today

Kissimmee Go Karts open today

Central Florida Zoo closed today

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 12, 2017, 4:23:47 PM9/12/17
Ominous Descent walk through haunted attraction in Bartow, FL will not open for 2017 haunt season. Buildings had major damage and are condemned. This was to be the first season for this attraction. They plan to find another location for the future.

tvdu...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2017, 7:47:49 AM9/13/17
On Monday, September 11, 2017 at 2:40:53 PM UTC-4, surfd...@aol.com wrote:
> Daytona Beach has a lot of damage, wouldn't expect the parks there to reopen too quickly.
>
> Busch Gardens Tampa will be closed on Tuesday

The water park in Daytona Beach had its big slide blown onto road.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 13, 2017, 9:41:51 AM9/13/17
Discovery Cove closed through Thursday, reopening Friday.

Weeki Wachee & Dinosaur World both closed until further notice still.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 16, 2017, 9:23:31 AM9/16/17
Weeki Wachee and Lion Country Safari both reopen today with full operation. Adventure Island reopens today.

Ft Wilderness campground reopening next week. Jungle Cruise at Magic Kingdom still not reopened.

Monkey Jungle park still closed.

Pirate dinner show still closed, and will be for some time most likely.

Orlando Eye still closed.

Harry P. Leu Gardens and Bok Tower Gardens still closed

Legoland Florida and Gatorland both reopened on Thursday the 14th

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 16, 2017, 9:31:18 AM9/16/17
Also Kennedy Space Center reopens today

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 16, 2017, 10:03:46 AM9/16/17
Dinosaur World and the Mike Greenwell park are back open

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 20, 2017, 4:00:02 PM9/20/17
Orlando Eye is back up and running, as of this past Monday.

It seems like all the parks are back open, other than Miami Seaquarium. There may be parts of some of the parks that are still down.

The Pirates dinner show in Orlando had major damage to the building it's in and also has not reopened.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 20, 2017, 5:37:39 PM9/20/17
Bok Tower Gardens reopens this Friday

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 30, 2017, 5:34:48 PM9/30/17
Miami Seaquarium reopens October 13.

surfd...@aol.com

Oct 2, 2017, 12:04:03 AM10/2/17
Halloween Horror Nights' Academy Of Villains show has been running a short show in place of its Afterlife show. First 2 weekends, a small temporary stage in front of Horror Make Up Show. This past weekend, their regular stage was up, with a less short show running instead of Afterlife. Rumors are that the Afterlife show will not run at all during the event.

surfd...@aol.com

Dec 15, 2017, 9:17:06 AM12/15/17
I visited Legoland Florida yesterday and the Cypress Gardens botanical gardens walk through area (the entire gardens) is closed and apparently has been since the hurricane.

surfd...@aol.com

Dec 15, 2017, 9:22:00 AM12/15/17
At Miami Seaquarium last month, one of their show buildings was still closed due to hurricane issues.

surfd...@aol.com

Dec 16, 2017, 5:39:56 AM12/16/17
Daytona Beach Boardwalk Rides (including the coaster) finally reopen today, December 16, 2017.

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 11, 2018, 7:27:22 PM2/11/18
The Cypress Gardens area of Legoland Florida was back open when I visited a few days ago. Don’t know when it reopened, but it was sometime between mid December and then. The historic gazebo was blocked off with caution tape, it appears it has received a fresh coat of paint and possibly other refurbishments.

surfd...@aol.com

Jul 31, 2018, 6:41:32 AM7/31/18
Pirates dinner show finally reopened earlier this month after repairing the roof damage from the hurricane and after a fire diring that construction delayed the opening a bit.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 3, 2018, 11:53:11 AM9/3/18
Although not quite a hurricane, Mike Greenwells Bat and Fun Park in Cape Coral is closed today (9/03/2018) due to storm Gordon.

surfd...@aol.com

Oct 9, 2018, 6:58:50 PM10/9/18
Zoo World in Panama City Beach closed Tuesday, October 9th -Thursday, October 11 due to Hurricane Michael.

surfd...@aol.com

Oct 10, 2018, 7:45:17 PM10/10/18
Race City (home of the Hurricane roller coaster) reported being safe and hoping to get back to normal soon.

ZooWorld reported the animals and staff in safety areas of the parks earlier today as the hurricane about to hit.

surfd...@aol.com

Oct 11, 2018, 5:51:12 PM10/11/18
Apparently ZooWorld and all it’s animals are safe and anticipate about 30 days until they can reopen.

surfd...@aol.com

Oct 12, 2018, 7:38:47 PM10/12/18
Race City currently has no power or water, but no damage that can’t be repaired. They stated that they feel very lucky. No estimated reopening date yet.

surfd...@aol.com

Nov 1, 2018, 5:30:58 PM11/1/18
ZooWorld has reopened last weekend and Race City will reopen this Saturday, November 3.

surfd...@aol.com

Dec 20, 2018, 9:38:28 AM12/20/18
While not hurricane weather, Florida is having extreme weather all day today (thunderstorms all day, 50 mph winds, tornadoes). With that, Busch Gardens Tampa is closed today and Lowry Zoo’s christmas in the wild event is cancelled for today. Stay safe if you’re in the area today!

surfd...@aol.com

Dec 20, 2018, 11:08:28 AM12/20/18
Also, Aquatica Orlando is closed today due to the storms, and also tomorrow due to predicted cold temperatures along with rain.

surfd...@aol.com

Dec 20, 2018, 2:50:37 PM12/20/18
More weather updates:
Both Fun Spot parks in the area are only opening the arcades today.
SeaWorld Orlando is closing at 4pm today.

surfd...@aol.com

Jan 27, 2019, 3:18:02 PM1/27/19
No hurricane today, but the weather is awful in central Florida! Very cold and rainy since overnight, rain continuing through until tomorrow morning! Water parks are closed today, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Tampa are both closing early, and both Fun Spot parks are only opening the arcade today.

surfd...@aol.com

Aug 29, 2019, 11:48:28 PM8/29/19
Some closures have started already for Hurricane Dorian:

Central Florida Zoo is closed starting Saturday, 8/31/2019

Tower Arcade and Lounge at Citrus Tower closed Monday 9/02/2019 and Tuesday 9/03/2019

SeaWorld Orlando has not yet announced anything, but their park hours on Sunday 9/01/2019 have changed to closing at 6pm instead of the original 9:30pm, which means now Saturday 8/31/2019 is the last opportunity for Electric Ocean including all the summer shows. No other dates have had their park hours adjusted so far.

surfd...@aol.com

Aug 30, 2019, 9:56:35 AM8/30/19
Monkey Jungle is closed until further notice.

surfd...@aol.com

Aug 31, 2019, 12:27:45 AM8/31/19
Andretti Thrill Park closed Sunday 9/01/2019 through at least Wednesday 9/04/2019

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 1, 2019, 6:12:45 PM9/1/19
Tower Arcade closing early tonight Sunday to prepare.

Island H20 Live Water Park (part of Margaritaville Resort on 192) closed Sunday through Wednesday.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 1, 2019, 6:53:54 PM9/1/19
Monkey Jungle is back open as of Sunday 09/01/2019

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 2, 2019, 12:55:15 PM9/2/19
Monkey Jungle is closed today 09/02

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 2, 2019, 7:26:01 PM9/2/19
Monday 9/03:
SeaWorld closing early

Tuesday 9/03:
Volcano Bay closed (USF and IOA open regular hours)
SeaWorld, Aquatica, & Discovery Cove closed
Disney Parks closing early

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 2, 2019, 7:35:42 PM9/2/19
Wheel at Icon Park (formerly Orlando Eye) closed due to Hurricane Dorian

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 3, 2019, 5:31:47 AM9/3/19
Miami Seaquarium closed early Monday 9/02 and is closed Tuesday 9/03.

Jungle Adventures closed 9/02-9/05.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 3, 2019, 1:50:42 PM9/3/19
Florida Citrus Tower closed today

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 3, 2019, 4:08:17 PM9/3/19
Lion Country Safari closed 09/01-09/03, reopening 09/04

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 3, 2019, 5:05:27 PM9/3/19
Universal Studios and Islands Of Adventure closing at 6pm 09/03.

SeaWorld and Aquatica reopening 09/04 at 11am.

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 4, 2019, 9:12:57 AM9/4/19
Florida Citrus Tower closed today 09/04

SeaWorld and Aquatica reopening at 11, Discovery Cove reopening at 9
Universal parks open
Disney parks open
Gatorland open
Fun Spot open
Monkey Jungle reopening
Miami Seaquarium reopening
Magical Midway open
Legoland Florida open

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 4, 2019, 9:50:57 AM9/4/19
Lion Country Safari reopening 09/04 with specials pricing for today only

Harry P. Leu Gardens closed 09/03 and 09/04

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 4, 2019, 11:41:11 AM9/4/19
Andretti Thrill Park closed 09/01-09-04 and reopening 09/05

surfd...@aol.com

Sep 5, 2019, 11:35:45 AM9/5/19
Icon Park reopening 9/05 at noon
Kennedy Space Center reopening 9/06
Daytona Beach Amusement Rides were removed early (due to Hurricane) for the season (I didn’t realize the current midway provider was only going to operate seasonally). Their Facebook page says they’ll return in April or May.
Lion Country Safari offering a discount admission and free parking today as some parts of the park are not ready still.

surfd...@aol.com

Oct 19, 2019, 12:28:18 PM10/19/19
Adventure Island in Tampa and ZooWorld in Panama City Beach are closed today (10/19/2019) due to Tropical Storm Nestor.

surfd...@aol.com

Oct 19, 2019, 5:30:11 PM10/19/19
SeaWorld Orlando is closing at 7 instead of 9 today.

surfd...@aol.com

Oct 19, 2019, 9:29:16 PM10/19/19
Aquatica closed at 2pm today.

Sir Henry’s/Ominous Descent haunted trails in Plant City closed at 10pm yesterday but opened as normal today.

surfd...@aol.com

Feb 6, 2020, 8:25:10 PM2/6/20
Though not a hurricane, some night time shows in central Florida parks have been cancelled tonight due to the strong storms in the area tonight.

surfd...@aol.com

Jul 31, 2020, 6:50:58 PM7/31/20
From Lion Country Safari’s Facebook page:

UPDATE: Lion Country Safari has been closely monitoring the forecasts and preparing for severe weather. Lion Country Safari will close at 2PM tomorrow, August 1st, 2020 (with the last vehicle admitted at 1PM). The park will remain closed on Sunday, August 2nd, 2020 and the drive-through safari will reopen on Monday, August 3rd, 2020. We will update social media as we can.

surfd...@aol.com

Aug 1, 2020, 5:37:06 PM8/1/20
Andretti Thrill Park in Florida closed Sunday, August 2, 2020 due to the Hurricane Isaias.

surfd...@aol.com

Aug 1, 2020, 9:51:22 PM8/1/20
Kennedy Space Center closed Sunday August 2 Due to hurricane

Central Florida Zoo closed Sunday August 2 due to hurricane

surfd...@aol.com

Aug 2, 2020, 1:11:53 PM8/2/20
SeaWorld Orlando is closing early at 4:30pm today, August 2.

surfd...@aol.com

Aug 2, 2020, 5:56:30 PM8/2/20
Busch Gardens Tampa closing at 6pm today.

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 15, 2020, 7:37:00 PM9/15/20
ZooWorld Panama City Beach closed today and tomorrow.

surfd...@aol.com

Nov 11, 2020, 10:39:16 PM11/11/20
Busch Gardens Tampa closed Wednesday, November 11 due to Hurricane/tropical storm Eta.

ZooTampa closed early at noon November 11 and all day November 12 due to Hurricane/tropical storm Eta.

Surf Dance Chris

Jul 6, 2021, 8:44:53 PM7/6/21
Due to hurricane Elsa:

Busch Gardens Tampa and Adventure Island both closed early at 4pm today and will both reopen late at noon tomorrow.

SeaWorld Orlando closing one hour early today at 9pm, with the last orca show cancelled.

ZooTampa is closed today.

Surf Dance Chris

Jun 3, 2022, 10:14:32 AM6/3/22
ZooMiami closed June 3 and 4, 2022 due to tropical storm.

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 26, 2022, 11:26:53 PM9/26/22
Due to Hurricane Ian:

Busch Gardens Tampa: closed Wednesday, September 28 and Thursday, September 29

ZooTampa at Lowry Park: closed Tuesday, September 27 through Thursday, September 29

Clearwater Aquarium: closed Tuesday, September 27 through Thursday, September 29

Lake Catherine Blueberries Haunted Maze: the farm and haunted maze closed this coming weekend

Walt Disney World: Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and both Mini Golf courses closed Wednesday, September 28 and Thursday, September 29

Surf Dance Chris

Sep 27, 2022, 5:39:26 AM9/27/22
Northwest Florida Fair postponed until October 4
It is loading more messages.