Operation: Bring Light to Hades

Mike Kallay

Jun 24, 2005, 11:45:15 AM6/24/05
SPOILER ALERT!!!! Don't download if you want to remain in the "dark"

It's big, and it's not awesome quality, but it does show the complete
path the train makes in the tunnel. The fact that two large Eveready
flashlights barely lit the tunnel is a testament to how dark it really
is in there.

112mb
http://www.ghostrider.org/temp/HadesLightFull.mov

/mike

Benoīt De Groote

Jun 24, 2005, 11:54:39 AM6/24/05
I hate people with bad quality yet huge filesize videos. ;-)

I would save both you and others time* and money** if you get the filesize
smaller. Try mp4 or wmv.

Benoît

* upload/download time
** webspace, traffic, download/upload limit

"Mike Kallay" <kal...@ghostrider.org> schreef in bericht

Mike Kallay

Jun 24, 2005, 12:10:58 PM6/24/05
In article <m1Wue.298441$Mo4.2...@blueberry.telenet-ops.be>,
benoitd...@pandora.be says...

> I hate people with bad quality yet huge filesize videos. ;-)
>
> I would save both you and others time* and money** if you get the filesize
> smaller. Try mp4 or wmv.

You can't compress this video. I had to play with the brightness levels
to get it to a useable state. Any compression you do counters the
purpose of the video -- making out the coaster line through the tunnel.
I actually thought I was being nice by leaving it in full size, full
rez. Anything smaller or compressed would be a WASTE of TIME.

Don't download it if you don't want the huge filesize. People who care
to actually SEE what's happening will download it.

/mike

Keith Hopkins

Jun 24, 2005, 1:09:38 PM6/24/05
"Mike Kallay" <kal...@ghostrider.org> wrote in message

I may try to run it through the new QuickTime codecs. I'll bet I can make
it a lot smaller with no significant loss of quality.

Of course, that would limit viewing to those with current macs. :-)

--
Keith Hopkins
suss...@visi.comblock (clear the block to reply)

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 24, 2005, 2:42:39 PM6/24/05

Good thing you aren't in ACE. Getting this video would have been a
violation of the COC. Let's see, Con attendees get no video
opportunities. Non-con attendees apparently ask for permission, and
get it. Either that, or you violated Mt. O. rules big time.

Rastus O'Ginga

k96...@aol.com

Jun 24, 2005, 3:36:09 PM6/24/05
I thought the quality was very good. It only took me 3 minutes to
download it with my roadrunner connection. Would love to see the rest
of the ride after the tunnel. :)

Sure, it may be a spoiler but I had to look! I've made my plane
reservations for July 22 so I will get my taste of the Dells and all
their wood. Can't wait!!

Ken

Benoīt De Groote

Jun 24, 2005, 4:00:24 PM6/24/05
Took me two minutes. Ha !

Problem is we have a thing called "download limit" or in more lucky
countries "fair user policy".
In other words, you are only allowed to download let's say 10GB each month.

Big files like these...which could have been much much smaller...I mean a 2
hour movie can be compressed to 700MB...yet half a minute of Hades takes
nearly 200MB ?

Anyway, cool video. You went on the ride with those flagslights ?
Brilliant...

Benoīt

<k96...@aol.com> schreef in bericht

richard....@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2005, 4:08:40 PM6/24/05
Mike -

I like it. Don't suppose you could post the full POV? :)

Richard

Benoīt De Groote

Jun 24, 2005, 4:08:46 PM6/24/05
http://users.pandora.be/coasterland/HADES.MP4

Try this. Compressed to about 3.5 MB...and more or less the same quality and
the same image.

Saves you people about 110MB. ;-)

Cheers

Benoît

"Benoît De Groote" <benoitd...@pandora.be> schreef in bericht

> Took me two minutes. Ha !
>
> Problem is we have a thing called "download limit" or in more lucky
> countries "fair user policy".
> In other words, you are only allowed to download let's say 10GB each
> month.
>
> Big files like these...which could have been much much smaller...I mean a
> 2 hour movie can be compressed to 700MB...yet half a minute of Hades takes
> nearly 200MB ?
>
> Anyway, cool video. You went on the ride with those flagslights ?
> Brilliant...
>

> Benoît

Flare

Jun 24, 2005, 4:44:40 PM6/24/05
lmao...

Murray... "You can see it!!!!1!!!!"

And the screams...lol...

RTN 4 Lives...

Dave

Frank

Jun 24, 2005, 4:47:42 PM6/24/05
Its the Blair Witch Project of COASTERS

Mike Kallay

Jun 24, 2005, 5:28:19 PM6/24/05
ras...@kingwoodcable.net says...

I'm not in ACE.

There was implied permission, as there is no signage saying that
videotaping is not permitted. Plus, we held our cameras out in full view
when the employees "checked" the lapbars. At least 6 separate times. (We
did hide our flashlights in a backpack, though;)

I'll put the full pov up (with dark tunnel) when it's done compressing.

/mike

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 24, 2005, 5:53:39 PM6/24/05
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:28:19 -0700, Mike Kallay
<kal...@ghostrider.org> wrote:

>In article <1119638559.1...@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>ras...@kingwoodcable.net says...
>>
>> Good thing you aren't in ACE. Getting this video would have been a
>> violation of the COC. Let's see, Con attendees get no video
>> opportunities. Non-con attendees apparently ask for permission, and
>> get it. Either that, or you violated Mt. O. rules big time.
>>
>> Rastus O'Ginga
>
>I'm not in ACE.
>
>There was implied permission, as there is no signage saying that
>videotaping is not permitted. Plus, we held our cameras out in full view
>when the employees "checked" the lapbars. At least 6 separate times. (We
>did hide our flashlights in a backpack, though;)

There was most definitely spielage about no cameras, specifically on
Hades, iirc. Since the ACE con flyer said that Mt. O. has a no camera
policy, I'd guess it says it on the park brocure somewhere. The very
fact you are hiding things used on the coaster shows you knew you were
breaking rules. In an age of more and more scrutiny on us, that's
pretty stupid.

There was no sign saying it was not OK to crap on the stairs either.
Did you do that too, since it was implied as OK?

Of course, since you are in the "in" crowd, no one else will say a
thing about it. But Lord help Alvey or someone else doing it.

>I'll put the full pov up (with dark tunnel) when it's done compressing.

You need to learn how to capture and compress video properly.

Rastus O'Ginga

Winner of the 2nd Annual C. Montgomery Burns Award for
Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence.

"What an awful dream, 1s and 0s everywhere... I thought I saw a 2." - Bender

ANTI-BED-WETTING-LIBELRAL DISCLAIMER:
The content of this post, and all previous posts made by this user, is 100%
opinion. Any similarity between this post and the truth is purely
coincidental. Anyone who reads this post and draws conclusions about it is
doing so by their choice. How they use those conclusions to direct their
own lives and opinions from that point forward is absolutely a result of
their own cognitive abilities and is in no way related or legally binded to
this poster. NO individual, business entity, or legal authority should use
the content of this post, or any other post by the originator, in whole, or
in part, to assist in making a decision that could affect the lives of any
of the inhabitants of planet Earth, since the content may not be true.

Mike Kallay

Jun 24, 2005, 6:18:32 PM6/24/05
In article <i30pb1lle99nntgm8...@4ax.com>,
ras...@kingwoodXXXXXcable.net says...

> There was most definitely spielage about no cameras, specifically on
> Hades, iirc.

Where? There's not a freakin' sign anywhere in the station. There's not
even a Hades entrance sign (like the other coasters have) -- just a tiny
directional sign on a fence.

> Since the ACE con flyer said that Mt. O. has a no camera
> policy, I'd guess it says it on the park brocure somewhere. The very
> fact you are hiding things used on the coaster shows you knew you were
> breaking rules. In an age of more and more scrutiny on us, that's
> pretty stupid.

I'd guess that bringing flashlights is something frowned upon;) Not like
I give a rip. I'm not in ACE or any other organized club with arbitrary
codes of conduct. I'm a member of the GP! I didn't get a brochure with
my wristband. Most obviously, the ride ops should say something when
they see you holding a camera in the train. They never did.

Funny enough, the only time a ride op said anything to us, it was when
Barry tried to bring his bottle of Powerade on Zeus. She didn't say
anything about the camera in his hand though. :D

> There was no sign saying it was not OK to crap on the stairs either.
> Did you do that too, since it was implied as OK?

Nope. Still had the treads from your visit. There was no sign saying it
was OK for racist homophobic mullets to ride, yet you did? What gives?

> Of course, since you are in the "in" crowd, no one else will say a
> thing about it. But Lord help Alvey or someone else doing it.

I'm not in any crowd, especially not an "in" crowd, for fuck's sake. I
hang with the peeps who I like to hang with. Period. I was actually
hoping to run into you there -- knowing our visits might overlap.
Because I've heard you're not the utter mangina in person that you can
be online.

> >I'll put the full pov up (with dark tunnel) when it's done compressing.
>
> You need to learn how to capture and compress video properly.

Teach me, oh wise one. I didn't compress the video at all. On purpose.
You need to offer up something for public consumption before you go
criticizing other's benevolence. This video was purposely left full size
full rez. As you can see with Benoit's compressed version -- it's
freakin' hard to see the whole path. Precisely why I didn't do that. You
or anybody else that complains about the file can sit & spin for all I
care. Don't fucking download it, and don't come on here complaining. If
you don't have the connection to download this file then don't blame me.
It took time out of my day to capture, export, upload, and reference
that file for you all. None of the private peeps I tipped off yesterday
had complaints. They appreciated it.

/mike

k96...@aol.com

Jun 24, 2005, 7:56:37 PM6/24/05
I keep looking at that video over & over. Simply amazing!!! Thanks so
much for taking the time to do that Mike.

Question, I was pausing the video at the top of the turn and noticed a
large ferris wheel in the distance across the street. It looks to be at
another park. Can anyone tell me what park that is?

Ken

Flare

Jun 24, 2005, 8:17:49 PM6/24/05
k96...@aol.com wrote:
> I keep looking at that video over & over. Simply amazing!!! Thanks so
> much for taking the time to do that Mike.

Yeah... It's awe inspiring. The more I think about that ride, the more
I'm easily convinced it's the greatest wooden coaster I've ever ridden.
That said, I'm not really looking for airtime, and airtime, as well as
airtime. Hades is about balance. It tells a damn good story, and the
"flaws" are subjective, imho. The tunnel commands huge respect, and it
will...just wait til the ACE connies come back with their opinions.
It'll be funny to see many say it doesn't have enough "airtime"....lol.
Dorks. You'll love it, Ken!

> Question, I was pausing the video at the top of the turn and noticed a
> large ferris wheel in the distance across the street. It looks to be at
> another park. Can anyone tell me what park that is?

That's Riverview park... Somewhat of a dump, but they sell beers off a
little truck cart, and they're damn cold.

http://www.rcdb.com/pd199.htm

Dave

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 24, 2005, 8:39:24 PM6/24/05
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:18:32 -0700, Mike Kallay
<kal...@ghostrider.org> wrote:

>In article <i30pb1lle99nntgm8...@4ax.com>,
>ras...@kingwoodXXXXXcable.net says...
>> There was most definitely spielage about no cameras, specifically on
>> Hades, iirc.
>
>Where? There's not a freakin' sign anywhere in the station. There's not
>even a Hades entrance sign (like the other coasters have) -- just a tiny
>directional sign on a fence.

Perhaps the owner, who apparently is a real bad judge of character,
talking with you, doesn't expect a bunch of drunks taking lighting
equipment and cameras on a coaster that goes 60 mph in the dark.

You realize this sorta shit is going to cost Holiday World a few
million soon, right? Enthusiasts flaunting rules violations, and
leaving visual proof on teh internet will come back and haunt parks.
You can bet if someone gets injured in that tunnel some day, this
thread will be brought up by the plaintiffs lawyer in settlement
negotiations.

>> Since the ACE con flyer said that Mt. O. has a no camera
>> policy, I'd guess it says it on the park brocure somewhere. The very
>> fact you are hiding things used on the coaster shows you knew you were
>> breaking rules. In an age of more and more scrutiny on us, that's
>> pretty stupid.
>
>I'd guess that bringing flashlights is something frowned upon;) Not like
>I give a rip. I'm not in ACE or any other organized club with arbitrary
>codes of conduct. I'm a member of the GP! I didn't get a brochure with
>my wristband. Most obviously, the ride ops should say something when
>they see you holding a camera in the train. They never did.

You know damn good and well that doing that and then flaunting it on
here will lower the reputation of coaster enthusiasts even more. Let
alone you put everyone behind you in danger since none of the
equipment was fully secured. What you did was dispicable. It doesn't
surprise me folks like you and douchebag Flare do such things on
coaster trips.

And of course, the lack of an uproar about it proves again how
hypocritcal everyone is.

Was Mamoosh there? He acts all professional with his calendar
pictures, and then pulls a stunt like this? Right up there with
Assassist throwing beer off of California Screaming, which I beleive
both of you were accomplices of.

>Funny enough, the only time a ride op said anything to us, it was when
>Barry tried to bring his bottle of Powerade on Zeus. She didn't say
>anything about the camera in his hand though. :D
>
>> There was no sign saying it was not OK to crap on the stairs either.
>> Did you do that too, since it was implied as OK?
>
>Nope. Still had the treads from your visit. There was no sign saying it
>was OK for racist homophobic mullets to ride

Yep, I don't think they are allowed. But, it doesn't concern either
one of us.

>I'm not in any crowd, especially not an "in" crowd, for fuck's sake. I
>hang with the peeps who I like to hang with. Period. I was actually
>hoping to run into you there -- knowing our visits might overlap.
>Because I've heard you're not the utter mangina in person that you can
>be online.

I wouldn't have associated with you if you were pulling your little
stunts.

>Teach me, oh wise one. I didn't compress the video at all. On purpose.
>You need to offer up something for public consumption before you go
>criticizing other's benevolence. This video was purposely left full size
>full rez. As you can see with Benoit's compressed version -- it's
>freakin' hard to see the whole path. Precisely why I didn't do that. You
>or anybody else that complains about the file can sit & spin for all I
>care. Don't fucking download it, and don't come on here complaining. If
>you don't have the connection to download this file then don't blame me.
>It took time out of my day to capture, export, upload, and reference
>that file for you all. None of the private peeps I tipped off yesterday
>had complaints. They appreciated it.

I could download it in a matter of minutes. But I have no desire. I
rode the thing. Luckily, there wasn't some jackass in front of me
holding shit in his hands while tearing through the tunnel at 60 miles
an hour. If you had a brain, you'd realize a 30 second video can be
compressed to about 10 megs with no loss of quality. You realize 30
seconds of DVD takes up less space than your video, right?

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 24, 2005, 8:41:49 PM6/24/05
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 00:17:49 GMT, Flare
<flar...@heavymelodymusic.comspam> wrote:

>k96...@aol.com wrote:
>> I keep looking at that video over & over. Simply amazing!!! Thanks so
>> much for taking the time to do that Mike.
>
>Yeah... It's awe inspiring. The more I think about that ride, the more
>I'm easily convinced it's the greatest wooden coaster I've ever ridden.
>That said, I'm not really looking for airtime, and airtime, as well as
>airtime. Hades is about balance. It tells a damn good story, and the
>"flaws" are subjective, imho. The tunnel commands huge respect,

Yeah, respect that you should not be holding anything in your hands
while roaring through it.

>That's Riverview park... Somewhat of a dump, but they sell beers off a
>little truck cart, and they're damn cold.

Hey, you and Viands could hang out together there.

BaSSiStiSt

Jun 24, 2005, 8:54:42 PM6/24/05
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:45:15 -0700, Mike Kallay
<kal...@ghostrider.org> wrote:

>112mb
>http://www.ghostrider.org/temp/HadesLightFull.mov

Fantastic video, Mike! Thanks for sharing. ;-)

Mike Miller

OMG, I'm a AceHo

Todd Long

Jun 24, 2005, 9:15:26 PM6/24/05
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 00:54:42 GMT, bassis...@hotmail.com (BaSSiStiSt)
wrote:

>Fantastic video, Mike! Thanks for sharing. ;-)

Oh my that is intense looking. Thanks!

A few of my rave reviews...
"what an Idoit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"- Papa...@aol.com 3/27/04

"Sometimes I wonder if some of you are actually
capable of anything other than smart remarks,
flamewars, and comedy............" - Sam M. 5/3/04

"Sadly, I don't think you ever will grow up."
- Daniel W Rouse Jr. 5/4/04

"40 never looked so good!" - Mamoosh 4/8/05

"... dumbass!" - Kevin D. 5/5/05

"I dunno, but you don't add anything to the group
but flames." - Rob Viands 5/8/05

"...your all stupid and live in the same world that
ended." - Steve R Neel 5/26/05

"...vulgar insect he is." - Scooby 6/16/05

Mike Kallay

Jun 24, 2005, 10:05:42 PM6/24/05
In article <ak8pb1dbvpcebeoe4...@4ax.com>,
ras...@kingwoodXXXXXcable.net says...

> Perhaps the owner, who apparently is a real bad judge of character,
> talking with you, doesn't expect a bunch of drunks taking lighting
> equipment and cameras on a coaster that goes 60 mph in the dark.

Hey dickhead, you don't know me, and you got some nerve calling me or
anyone else in my group a drunk. Because not one of us is close to
something like that.

Secondly, every train I saw go out at Mt. Olympus had at least one
person with a still camera, so get the sand out of your vaJayJay and
shut up. You have zero ground to be righteous.

> You realize this sorta shit is going to cost Holiday World a few
> million soon, right? Enthusiasts flaunting rules violations, and
> leaving visual proof on teh internet will come back and haunt parks.

Sounds like you speak through experience. Those two who surprisingly
tolerated you left up their own video even after the incident and after
requests to take it down. Trying to compare a video with a lapbar
practically perpendicular to the seat to a video with a flashlight ride
is asinine, especially when the other video was concrete proof of rider
irresponsibility indirectly condoned by said park.

> You can bet if someone gets injured in that tunnel some day, this
> thread will be brought up by the plaintiffs lawyer in settlement
> negotiations.

I'll take it down next week when those who want to see it have seen it.
If someone is killed by a stray Eveready flashlight in the future, I'll
gladly cooperate with the park/authorities and the flashlight industry.
Dick.

> You know damn good and well that doing that and then flaunting it on
> here will lower the reputation of coaster enthusiasts even more. Let
> alone you put everyone behind you in danger since none of the
> equipment was fully secured. What you did was dispicable. It doesn't
> surprise me folks like you and douchebag Flare do such things on
> coaster trips.

Dispicable (sic)? Worse than just a camera? Worse than a still camera? I
don't think so. Like I said, not one ride operator stopped us. Look at
my POV and see me hold the camera out of and back into the station.
Would I have done that if I was hiding things? Not a chance. They
permitted it.

I'm certainly not flaunting it. I figured some people might like to see
it. Which is certainly true as I see over 300 unique IPs have hit that
resource today. And, if I find some IP issued by your ISP, I am
personally going to come to Houston and kick your sorry ass for being
such a righteous prick.

> Was Mamoosh there? He acts all professional with his calendar
> pictures, and then pulls a stunt like this? Right up there with
> Assassist throwing beer off of California Screaming, which I beleive
> both of you were accomplices of.

Matthew wasn't there. You sure do have vendettas, Jason, don't you?
Matthew, Miller, and Flare. All guys you can't wait to drag into your
shit pool of self woe. They sure as hell don't deserve to be there with
your ignorant, racist, and homophobic self. Each one of those guys is
twice the man you could hope to be.

> I wouldn't have associated with you if you were pulling your little
> stunts.

I didn't want to associate with you. I just wanted to see the Mullet in
person and see if you're as big a shit as you are on-line. Some people
have said 'no,' but I think you're just too much of puss to be as brash
in person as you are on-line. Typical pansy turned 'Net loudmouth.

> I could download it in a matter of minutes. But I have no desire. I
> rode the thing. Luckily, there wasn't some jackass in front of me
> holding shit in his hands while tearing through the tunnel at 60 miles
> an hour. If you had a brain, you'd realize a 30 second video can be
> compressed to about 10 megs with no loss of quality. You realize 30
> seconds of DVD takes up less space than your video, right?

No loss of quality? BullFuckingShit. You're going to keep a 720*480 DV
stream lossless at 10mb? Bullshit. You do understand what the hell video
compression does, don't you? You do understand that DVD is a LOSSY
compression, don't you? Even at 10mps bitrate, which is high for a DVD,
you're looking at a 88mb file, cockbag.

Anything compressed on that source video is throwing away shit via
keyframes, especially with all that action. Practically the only real
benefit compression could do would be with a mostly static shot. And,
with that amount of horizontal and vertical lines with the supports,
you're talking about a real loss of visual clarity if you do compress. I
have the space for that download, I have unlimited bandwidth, and it was
offered up for broadband geeks. Plus, it didn't tie my f'ing machine up
all day long doing a bullshit compression to save fuckwads like you from
complaining, so piss off, 'ya 'ignant bastard.

/mike

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 24, 2005, 11:46:48 PM6/24/05
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 19:05:42 -0700, Mike Kallay
<kal...@ghostrider.org> wrote:

>In article <ak8pb1dbvpcebeoe4...@4ax.com>,
>ras...@kingwoodXXXXXcable.net says...
>> Perhaps the owner, who apparently is a real bad judge of character,
>> talking with you, doesn't expect a bunch of drunks taking lighting
>> equipment and cameras on a coaster that goes 60 mph in the dark.
>
>Hey dickhead, you don't know me, and you got some nerve calling me or
>anyone else in my group a drunk. Because not one of us is close to
>something like that.

You talk about drinking in your TR's more than Viands. And it seems
as if all of RRC thinks he's a drunk. Oh, that's right, you're
special.

>Secondly, every train I saw go out at Mt. Olympus had at least one
>person with a still camera, so get the sand out of your vaJayJay and
>shut up. You have zero ground to be righteous.

I didn't see a single person carrying anything. And, as I said, IU'm
pretty certain the spiel played in teh station specifically mentioned
no cameras for Hades.

>> You realize this sorta shit is going to cost Holiday World a few
>> million soon, right? Enthusiasts flaunting rules violations, and
>> leaving visual proof on teh internet will come back and haunt parks.
>
>Sounds like you speak through experience. Those two who surprisingly
>tolerated you left up their own video even after the incident and after
>requests to take it down. Trying to compare a video with a lapbar
>practically perpendicular to the seat to a video with a flashlight ride
>is asinine, especially when the other video was concrete proof of rider
>irresponsibility indirectly condoned by said park.

It's only asinine until someone catches a camera in the forehead at 60
mph in Hades' tunnel. Then, your flaunting that you did it proves the
park didn't take safety serious enough, and Mt. O. loses a few
million. I'm amazed that you continue to try and justify your
actions.

YOU WERE WRONG!!!!

And none of the other idiots on RRC have the integrity to call you on
it. Suprise, surprise.

>> You know damn good and well that doing that and then flaunting it on
>> here will lower the reputation of coaster enthusiasts even more. Let
>> alone you put everyone behind you in danger since none of the
>> equipment was fully secured. What you did was dispicable. It doesn't
>> surprise me folks like you and douchebag Flare do such things on
>> coaster trips.
>
>Dispicable (sic)? Worse than just a camera? Worse than a still camera? I
>don't think so. Like I said, not one ride operator stopped us. Look at
>my POV and see me hold the camera out of and back into the station.
>Would I have done that if I was hiding things? Not a chance. They
>permitted it.

Ride op ambivalence does not equal permission. You've already
admitted you were hiding the flashlights.

>I'm certainly not flaunting it. I figured some people might like to see
>it.

You're not flaunting it? Apparently you don't know the meaning of
"flaunt".

> Which is certainly true as I see over 300 unique IPs have hit that
>resource today. And, if I find some IP issued by your ISP, I am
>personally going to come to Houston and kick your sorry ass for being
>such a righteous prick.

Hmm, let's see. I get angry when dumbasses are safety risks to
innocent people riding coasters. You get angry when someone downloads
an mp3. Who's righteous?

>> Was Mamoosh there? He acts all professional with his calendar
>> pictures, and then pulls a stunt like this? Right up there with
>> Assassist throwing beer off of California Screaming, which I beleive
>> both of you were accomplices of.
>
>Matthew wasn't there.

Good. I'm glad he wasn't involved in it.

>You sure do have vendettas, Jason, don't you?
>Matthew, Miller, and Flare. All guys you can't wait to drag into your
>shit pool of self woe. They sure as hell don't deserve to be there with
>your ignorant, racist, and homophobic self. Each one of those guys is
>twice the man you could hope to be.

You've got a vendetta the size of Alaska out for me. Yeah, real men
throw beer off of Disney roller coasters and slander people. You're a
drunk, drug user who frequents prostitutes.

>> I wouldn't have associated with you if you were pulling your little
>> stunts.
>
>I didn't want to associate with you. I just wanted to see the Mullet in
>person and see if you're as big a shit as you are on-line. Some people
>have said 'no,' but I think you're just too much of puss to be as brash
>in person as you are on-line. Typical pansy turned 'Net loudmouth.

I don't pick fights with drunks.

>No loss of quality? BullFuckingShit. You're going to keep a 720*480 DV
>stream lossless at 10mb? Bullshit. You do understand what the hell video
>compression does, don't you? You do understand that DVD is a LOSSY
>compression, don't you? Even at 10mps bitrate, which is high for a DVD,
>you're looking at a 88mb file, cockbag.

Newsflash, shit for brains, 112 > 88.

>Anything compressed on that source video is throwing away shit via
>keyframes, especially with all that action. Practically the only real
>benefit compression could do would be with a mostly static shot. And,
>with that amount of horizontal and vertical lines with the supports,
>you're talking about a real loss of visual clarity if you do compress. I
>have the space for that download, I have unlimited bandwidth, and it was
>offered up for broadband geeks. Plus, it didn't tie my f'ing machine up
>all day long doing a bullshit compression to save fuckwads like you from
>complaining, so piss off, 'ya 'ignant bastard.

Again, 112 > 88. Since you are arguing the raw clarity of a video
filmed in a tunnel in ultra low light with the camera shaking like
mad, I'll have to drop out of this. Perhaps all your drug use has
messed up your rods and cones. As usual, you'd argue the Earth was
flat if you found out I thought otherwise.

Ultimately, I don't care how perfectly you transferred a shaky,
blurry, dark video off of your camera. You're just so fucking cool
for puting people you don't know at risk so 300 people can download
your larger than DVD file. I know we're all really impressed at your
assfuckiness.

If karma exists, some day you'll be decapitad by someone throwing a CD
full of illegal MP3s off of a coaster, spilling your just bought 40 oz
bottle of Schlitz all over your flashlight.

.

Wolf

Jun 25, 2005, 12:13:50 AM6/25/05
> Perhaps the owner, who apparently is a real bad judge of character,
> talking with you, doesn't expect a bunch of drunks taking lighting
> equipment and cameras on a coaster that goes 60 mph in the dark.

On the upside, should you ever drop the lighting equipment in the tunnel --
it will be really easy to see it coming.

--
|\-/|
<0 0>

Todd Long

Jun 25, 2005, 7:55:43 AM6/25/05
On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 22:46:48 -0500, Rastus O'Ginga
<ras...@kingwoodXXXXXcable.net> wrote:

>It's only asinine until someone catches a camera in the forehead at 60
>mph in Hades' tunnel. Then, your flaunting that you did it proves the
>park didn't take safety serious enough, and Mt. O. loses a few
>million. I'm amazed that you continue to try and justify your
>actions.
>
>YOU WERE WRONG!!!!
>
>And none of the other idiots on RRC have the integrity to call you on
>it. Suprise, surprise.

Wow! After all them fights with Marks it looks like some of it has
rubbed off on you Rastus.

Todd "that is fucking idiot to you sir" Long

Duane Marden

Jun 25, 2005, 10:11:36 AM6/25/05
>There was implied permission, as there is no signage saying that
>videotaping is not permitted.

I find this so sad. Is this what out society has come to? Why must the 5%
of morons in our world screw it up for the rest of us?

Mike, next time you stop by Mt. Olympus let me know (I live reasonably close
by). We can meet in the parking lot where I can park my car on your chest.
I don't recall seeing any signage prohibiting this.

Duane
http://www.rcdb.com

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 25, 2005, 10:57:21 AM6/25/05
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 11:55:43 GMT, Todd Long <long...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 22:46:48 -0500, Rastus O'Ginga
><ras...@kingwoodXXXXXcable.net> wrote:
>
>>It's only asinine until someone catches a camera in the forehead at 60
>>mph in Hades' tunnel. Then, your flaunting that you did it proves the
>>park didn't take safety serious enough, and Mt. O. loses a few
>>million. I'm amazed that you continue to try and justify your
>>actions.
>>
>>YOU WERE WRONG!!!!
>>
>>And none of the other idiots on RRC have the integrity to call you on
>>it. Suprise, surprise.
>
>Wow! After all them fights with Marks it looks like some of it has
>rubbed off on you Rastus.
>
>Todd "that is fucking idiot to you sir" Long

This goes way over the line of the shit Sam gripes about. I'm amazed
that so many people are putting a friendship above obvious safety
issues. It's showing the true character of a lot of people. Sadly,
including you, who I thought was smarter than that.

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 25, 2005, 10:58:36 AM6/25/05
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:11:36 -0500, "Duane Marden" <feed...@rcdb.com>
wrote:

Praise the Lord!! Someone else has a brain. And not surprisingly,
it's the webmaster of the best roller coaster site ever.

Love it!

Flare

Jun 25, 2005, 12:07:46 PM6/25/05
Rastus O'Ginga wrote:

It doesn't
> surprise me folks like you and douchebag Flare do such things on
> coaster trips.

It's pathetic that you have to lob blanket accusations and insults when
you have absolutely no clue what the truth actually is. Then again, I
can understand that you have what people describe as a miserable
existence down there in Kingwood. Enjoy your Summer, though. You deserve
it.

Dave

Mike Robinson

Jun 25, 2005, 2:24:31 PM6/25/05
I got to say, I am in complete agreement with Rastus on this one. Implied
Consent? That argument does not even work with my kid.

I think a better "Smell" test would be to ask youself What would the guys
who writes the checks out for liability insuarnce would have answered to
your request to take a couple of flashlights and a camera on the ride. I am
pretty sure the answer would have been NO. We have to take responsibilty
for our actions despite apathetic ride opes who don't enforce the rules.
WHY? BECAUSE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO KNOW BETTER!

I am sorry but the race for the coolest POV ended a few years ago.

Parks read this board, including one of our favorites in Indiana and can you
imagine their reaction to seeing this? If you don't think parks are not
looking at this video and shaking their heads, you need to think again.

Mike Robinson

Mike Kallay

Jun 25, 2005, 4:02:45 PM6/25/05
In article <c9b29$42bd6618$4364a0a1$39...@msgid.meganewsservers.com>,
feed...@rcdb.com says...

> >There was implied permission, as there is no signage saying that
> >videotaping is not permitted.
>
> I find this so sad. Is this what out society has come to? Why must the 5%
> of morons in our world screw it up for the rest of us?

I'm sorry, but if there isn't an explicit sign prohibiting it within the
entry queue, and there's 3 days worth of ride operators permitting video
cameras and still cameras IN FULL VIEW on ALL RIDES, then you'd have no
reason to think it wasn't permitted. (and I have video of others in our
group riding with their cameras out in the station with not so much a
second glance from the ride ops) Not every park prohibits riding with
video cameras. Disney comes to mind as one who allows it on practically
every ride. It is not my job as a guest in the park to search out a
policy. Unless otherwise stated & enforced, the policy is that there is
no policy.

To call me a moron for this is silly. When did you get *religion* Duane?
I'm sure at some point (maybe now even?) you were hosting/referencing
photos on your site taken from some illegal on-ride position.

<user checks -- this didn't take long -- it was the first hit>
Here's at least one: http://www.rcdb.cc/p/picmax/six-flags-magic-
mountain/x22.jpg

or, if he takes it down too fast:
http://www.ghostrider.org/temp/rcdb.jpg

I know for a FACT that this was taken against permission and against ACE
policy at the time by someone who has repeatedly broken (at least) that
park's rules -- and you're HOSTING IT ON YOUR SITE. So, take your
righteous attitude and stick it up your ass, because you are currently
cut from the same cloth -- 5% of morons, per your smart ass comment.
Worse. You know it's against that park's rules. I still don't know what
Mt. Olympus's rules are.

You might want to keep your "tethers" to the industry fresh, but I have
not such need. You're not going to do it by vilifying me. Maybe you
should clean your own glass house before lobbing stones, huh Duane? I
have better things to do today than go through your thousands of photos
and find presumably oodles of ILLEGAL photos per those park's rules.

Isn't this the same park that until recently had a sign stating "No
Insurance, Ride at Your Own Risk?" And you think you are speaking as an
implicit delegate to some ultra sensitive policy I've never heard of?
Doesn't Wisconsin have a Rider Responsibility Act anyway? If so,
wouldn't I have personally been liable if I'd let go of my camera and
caused an injury? If so, why the hell do you and Rastus care so much?
Well, I know why Rastus cares. He's a little kid bitching when he
doesn't get the same things as his peers. And you just want to keep your
PR contacts. That's fine, just keep quiet until you are no longer being
a hypocrite. You both know full damn well that someone like me is not
going to drop his camera. I didn't even take it on until I knew each
force on that ride and could anticipate it. You're pissy because you
don't want to lose your credibility, and Rastus is pissy because he's a
big whining baby with major vendettas against some in my group. Neither
one of you care about someone getting hurt because you know it wouldn't
happen.

> Mike, next time you stop by Mt. Olympus let me know (I live reasonably close
> by). We can meet in the parking lot where I can park my car on your chest.
> I don't recall seeing any signage prohibiting this.

I'll call you next time I'm out that way. And, after the owner of Timber
Falls gets done escorting us all over backstage areas (again) for photo
ops, I'll jam a wheel of cheese up your ass for being such a righteous
cock. Have a nice day. :^)

P.S. I am moving those videos to a private address. Anyone wishing to
see them can e-mail me at kal...@ghostrider.org

Buncha fucking hypocritical pansies...

/mike

Mike Kallay

Jun 25, 2005, 4:15:18 PM6/25/05
In article <87sqb11upagnruca9...@4ax.com>,
ras...@kingwoodXXXXXcable.net says...

> Praise the Lord!! Someone else has a brain. And not surprisingly,
> it's the webmaster of the best roller coaster site ever.
>
> Love it!

I agree!

Check it out:

http://www.rcdb.cc/p/picmax/six-flags-great-america/whizzer6.jpg
http://www.rcdb.cc/p/picmax/cedar-point/millennium-force10.jpg
http://www.rcdb.cc/p/picmax/cedar-point/millennium-force11.jpg

Apparently it's alright to film on-ride at Cedar Point and Six Flags,
even though both of these parks have signs and known policies to the
contrary.

Hey, I love the site, but you're not going to burn me in effigy when
what Duane has done has been a HUNDRED FOLD what he complains about now.

Love it! Cocks.

/mike

btwng...@yahoo.com

Jun 25, 2005, 4:18:17 PM6/25/05
Not to mention that you probably ruined other peoples riding experience
by illuminating the tunnel...ruins the drama a bit.

Mike Kallay

Jun 25, 2005, 4:25:58 PM6/25/05
In article <1119730697.8...@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
btwng...@yahoo.com says...

> Not to mention that you probably ruined other peoples riding experience
> by illuminating the tunnel...ruins the drama a bit.

We didn't illuminate the tunnel. There was barely a discernable spot the
size of a softball on the track itself, close to the front car where we
occupied all four seats. I'd be damn surprised if anyone saw the spots.
Having said that, we would have preferred to light the whole tunnel. The
lights weren't powerful enough. So, in theory, yeah you're right. We
could have ruined other's rides, if our intentions were better
implemented. Sorry.

/mike

Mike Kallay

Jun 25, 2005, 5:51:26 PM6/25/05
In article <yjhve.4698$2S....@fe03.lga>, mi...@mikerobinsonOBVIOUS.net
says...

> WHY? BECAUSE WE ARE SUPPOSED TO KNOW BETTER!

> Parks read this board, including one of our favorites in Indiana and can you

> imagine their reaction to seeing this? If you don't think parks are not
> looking at this video and shaking their heads, you need to think again.

Holiday World has different policies than other parks. There is no
universal set of rules, or am I missing something? Are you suggesting I
take the most conservative park's rules and apply them universally so as
to not upset the most conservative parks? No thanks.

I could give two shits if some other park shakes their head. What they
should be shaking their heads about is either a) that park has policies
we don't agree with or b) that park doesn't enforce policies that we are
ASSUMING they should have.

Any way you slice it, I did what was allowed and not explicitly
prohibited at that park on those three days. Period. Stuff that is
allowed at other like parks, and stuff that is prohibited at some other
like parks. Nothing as extreme as the surprisingly hostile threat Duane
Marden posted out of nowhere, or nothing as evil as the miserable mullet
from Houston posited.

If there's some Golden Rule type adage some of you hold yourselves to as
enthusiasts post Fellner, fine, I don't share your views. I do what is
allowed at each park. I want POV of the coasters. If I can get it
legally, I will. Holiday World or any other park has nothing to say
about my experience at Mt. Olympus except possibly questioning that
park's management (or lack thereof). Perhaps it's time for the parks to
sell footage of their coasters in the gift store (a la Cedar Fair) so
there would be no reason to want to do this.

Why don't you just name the elephant in the room? You have a vested
interest. You want events with ERT. And you're so fucking gun shy about
not getting those that you'll self muzzle your actions and words
EVERYWHERE even where it need not be done. If posting a legal POV from
MT. Olympus tips the scale for an event at Joe's Park, then there's
probably way more negative at work than simply than tangentially related
issue. Like Saunders mentioned, there's been a real dilution of ACE
through other clubs and the Internet. Coupled with a very sad death and
some extremely bad judgements by some others (like posting POVS from the
media day on ride's prohibiting them), there's less reason to reach out
overall.

I'm in the general public. By choice.

/mike

TeknoScorpion

Jun 25, 2005, 6:39:18 PM6/25/05

After all this time, you guys still care that Rastus says anything to
you? He didn't give birth to ya, and in the end is a pathetic little
member of ACE who doesn't like anybody.

He likes confrontation because he has issues about his own penis and he
cares so much about how people don't like him that, just like a bad kid
in school, he goes after negative attention. He is too old and set in
his ways. He could say whatever he wants about me and I really wouldn't
care, because in the end, I know I'm not so pathetic to hide behind a
screen, I'd say all this directly to his face. But, then I'd have to
go to disAstroWorld to do it, and I really don't wanna go to W's home
state and run the risk of getting capital punishment for taking a
camera ron a ride.

Just like Paul Ruben, Rastus has a much credit as the load my dog just
laid in the yard. Eventually, though it may stink for a few minutes,
it won't matter in the grand scheme of things. He may say things about
Rob V., but they really are 2 peas in the same pod, looking for
attention from a silly little hobby.

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 25, 2005, 11:10:26 PM6/25/05

Mike Kallay wrote:
> In article <87sqb11upagnruca9...@4ax.com>,
> ras...@kingwoodXXXXXcable.net says...
> > Praise the Lord!! Someone else has a brain. And not surprisingly,
> > it's the webmaster of the best roller coaster site ever.
> >
> > Love it!
>
> I agree!
>
> Check it out:
>
> http://www.rcdb.cc/p/picmax/six-flags-great-america/whizzer6.jpg

God knows when this photo was taken. I remember a hell of a lot more
trees from that view last week. This photo could be 10 years old. And
most definitely pre-final SRM.

> http://www.rcdb.cc/p/picmax/cedar-point/millennium-force10.jpg

I can't see this being POV unless the photographer was hanging waaaaay
out the right side of the train. Looks like it was from the queue to
me.

> http://www.rcdb.cc/p/picmax/cedar-point/millennium-force11.jpg

Obviously POV, but again, could have been well before Fellner. POV
rules and behavior changed big time 2 years ago. Ask Carole Sanderson
about it.

Some pretty well respected people have called you on this too. I think
it's time to admit you crossed the line.

Rastus O'Ginga

Duane Marden

Jun 25, 2005, 11:18:04 PM6/25/05
>Hey, I love the site, but you're not going to burn me in effigy
>when what Duane has done has been a HUNDRED FOLD
>what he complains about now.

My point here was completely missed. I'm not busting you chops for taking
an on-ride video. While I would never do it myself, I think the flashlight
stunt showed creativity. What sickened me was the following quote:

>There was implied permission, as there is no signage saying
>that videotaping is not permitted.

If you're going to do something like this fine, but be willing to take
responsibility for you actions -- don't try to rationalize them by making up
such absurd technicalities. Leave that to the blood-sucking lawyers who
argue common sense needs documentation.

Duane
http://www.rcdb.com

TeknoScorpion

Jun 25, 2005, 11:32:11 PM6/25/05
I will agree that the flashlights were a bit too far. However, I'd be
less likely to jump Mike and more likely to jump the ride ops at a park
with signs stating that you ARE riding AT YOUR OWN RISK. Remember,
this is Big Cheif's. The park that swears they don't carry insurance.
Who's at fault for that?

Notice Rastus completely ignored me. He still claims this was a bad
thing. I wonder what CPS would say about him leaving his 6 year old
son locked in a car, in a new place, without his father, and then
apparently left at a motel by himself while daddy plays mini golf, all
so daddy can save a few bucks?

Somehow, I think this arguement is far more dimished when comparing it
to the life of someone's kid, just so daddy can reach 100...

Dave Althoff, Jr.

Jun 26, 2005, 1:06:28 AM6/26/05
Mike Kallay <kal...@ghostrider.org> wrote:
: In article <c9b29$42bd6618$4364a0a1$39...@msgid.meganewsservers.com>,
: feed...@rcdb.com says...
: > >There was implied permission, as there is no signage saying that
: > >videotaping is not permitted.
: >
:
: I'm sorry, but if there isn't an explicit sign prohibiting it within the
: entry queue, and there's 3 days worth of ride operators permitting video
: cameras and still cameras IN FULL VIEW on ALL RIDES, then you'd have no
: reason to think it wasn't permitted. (and I have video of others in our
: group riding with their cameras out in the station with not so much a
: second glance from the ride ops) Not every park prohibits riding with
: video cameras. Disney comes to mind as one who allows it on practically
: every ride. It is not my job as a guest in the park to search out a
: policy. Unless otherwise stated & enforced, the policy is that there is
: no policy.

I don't know what the policy is at Mt. Olympus. But when I visited Big
Chief's (which happens to be the same park) in 2002, I shot video on all of
their coasters. And I didn't rely on any kind of implied consent: I
specifically asked the ride operator, and he told me it was OK so long as
I held on to the camera, with the obligatory notation that it was at my
own risk.

I don't know about anybody else, but I am pretty sick of all the arguing
and hand-wringing that goes on over cameras on rides. It's pretty easy
to argue pretty convincingly that of all the crap that people carry on
rides, cameras are probably about the least hazardous, and yet almost
always the only ones specifically forbidden. People holding video
cameras don't fling them through the air. Pity I can't say the same for
people with telephones and walkie talkies clipped to their belts.

Get over it. Not all parks have the same rules, and shooting photos on a
ride is not *inherently* dangerous to anybody. Follow the park's rules,
conduct yourself safely, and save the outrage for people who put
themselves and everybody else at risk.

Oh, and while we're at it, quit giving each other shit about lap bar
positions. It's counter-productive. You can ride safely with no lap
bar, and you can ride unsafely with the bar all the way down. If we're
going to talk ride safety, let's talk about meaningful issues, okay?

--Dave Althoff, Jr.
/-\ _ _ *** Open daily! Ride safely! ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\__/XXXXX\/XXXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\_/XXX\_/\_/XXXXXX

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 26, 2005, 2:18:30 AM6/26/05
On 25 Jun 2005 20:32:11 -0700, "TeknoScorpion" <ever...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I will agree that the flashlights were a bit too far. However, I'd be
>less likely to jump Mike and more likely to jump the ride ops at a park
>with signs stating that you ARE riding AT YOUR OWN RISK. Remember,
>this is Big Cheif's. The park that swears they don't carry insurance.
>Who's at fault for that?

Those signs are gone.

>Notice Rastus completely ignored me. He still claims this was a bad
>thing. I wonder what CPS would say about him leaving his 6 year old
>son locked in a car, in a new place, without his father, and then
>apparently left at a motel by himself while daddy plays mini golf, all
>so daddy can save a few bucks?

Dickwad, I do have a wife.

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 26, 2005, 2:23:54 AM6/26/05

They have spiels in teh station, and I'm quite sure the one on Hades
said no cameras, while the others didn't. They all said loose
objects, which admittedly is open to wide interpretation.

>Get over it. Not all parks have the same rules, and shooting photos on a
>ride is not *inherently* dangerous to anybody. Follow the park's rules,
>conduct yourself safely, and save the outrage for people who put
>themselves and everybody else at risk.

Yeah, like the people taking loose objects onboard. Yes, cameras can
be secured, but are they all? No.

>Oh, and while we're at it, quit giving each other shit about lap bar
>positions. It's counter-productive. You can ride safely with no lap
>bar, and you can ride unsafely with the bar all the way down. If we're
>going to talk ride safety, let's talk about meaningful issues, okay?

I challenge the safely with no lap bar comment. There are plenty of
coasters that would toss riders with no restraints. If you have a
belt, sure no lap bar is OK, except for it being backup.

TeknoScorpion

Jun 26, 2005, 4:12:39 AM6/26/05
Yeah, and she must be a real winner since she was willing to stay in
the car with your son while you go ride a coaster, because the trip WAS
all about you, ya know. And not about the family having fun. I just
hope that your 100th coaster is worth more than the love you show to
your 6 year old. Have a great day!

TeknoScorpion

Jun 26, 2005, 4:16:06 AM6/26/05
>I challenge the safely with no lap bar comment. There are plenty of
>coasters that would toss riders with no restraints. If you have a
>belt, sure no lap bar is OK, except for it being backup.

Wow, you are really stupid, aren't you? That wasn't what dave was
saying at all, you just completely missed that point. How did you ever
graduate High School without simple skills, such as comprehension? Oh,
right, Texas. Nevermind.

deadand...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2005, 4:18:50 PM6/26/05

BURN.

Louis

Jun 26, 2005, 5:08:53 PM6/26/05
This is rediculous. You people must have so much free time arguing
about a video. Honestly, if the camera is well secured, whats the
problem?

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 26, 2005, 5:31:57 PM6/26/05

Oh yes, making up things is such a burn. I'm so humiliated.
Dumbasses like you don't like me. Sniff, sniff...
People who don't have children judge my parenting. Oh the horrors....

deadand...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2005, 6:41:46 PM6/26/05
>Oh yes, making up things is such a burn.<

Were your kids and wife in the car while you were at Mt. Olympus?

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 26, 2005, 7:31:58 PM6/26/05
On 26 Jun 2005 15:41:46 -0700, deadand...@gmail.com wrote:

>>Oh yes, making up things is such a burn.<
>
>Were your kids and wife in the car while you were at Mt. Olympus?

Actually, I"m done dealing with you on this. If the info isn't in the
trip reports, then it's none of your damn business. If you instead
choose to be a retard and try and read things into the trip reports,
then go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

My trip reports are meant to help lurkers and non-assholes to plan
their trips. They're not meant to pass muster with a bunch of fucking
idiots who think they're cool.

Wolf

Jun 26, 2005, 7:51:45 PM6/26/05
>>Oh, and while we're at it, quit giving each other shit about lap bar
>>positions. It's counter-productive. You can ride safely with no lap
>>bar, and you can ride unsafely with the bar all the way down. If we're
>>going to talk ride safety, let's talk about meaningful issues, okay?
>
> I challenge the safely with no lap bar comment. There are plenty of
> coasters that would toss riders with no restraints. If you have a
> belt, sure no lap bar is OK, except for it being backup.

Most won't actually toss a dummy rider, even unrestrained.

Heck, water dummies come back on wooden coasters, even though they are
effectively quadruple amputees with no lap.

--
|\-/|
<0 0>

Wolf

Jun 26, 2005, 7:52:46 PM6/26/05

"TeknoScorpion" <ever...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Actually... Rastus had a pretty good read on what Dave was saying.

I'm still arguing as to whether or not that makes your comment ironic or
fitting. Possibly both, but for different reasons.

deadand...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2005, 8:36:15 PM6/26/05
>Actually, I"m done dealing with you on this. If the info isn't in the
trip reports, then it's none of your damn business. If you instead
choose to be a retard and try and read things into the trip reports,
then go to hell as far as I'm concerned. <

LOL. Okay, its a yes. You went on a family vacation...and then ditched
the family. Maybe not leaving them in the car, but went out on your own
rather than spend time with your kid or wife. You're class.

>My trip reports are meant to help lurkers and non-assholes to plan
their trips. They're not meant to pass muster with a bunch of fucking
idiots who think they're cool. <

Who said I'm cool? I've never been. But I can call a spade a spade.

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 26, 2005, 9:22:49 PM6/26/05
On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 19:51:45 -0400, "Wolf" <bill.b...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Right, they don't have legs. Riders can raise their bodies, even ever
so slightly, even if it's inadvertently, which leads to a massive
shift in the center of gravity.

Wolf

Jun 27, 2005, 12:23:54 AM6/27/05

>>> I challenge the safely with no lap bar comment. There are plenty of
>>> coasters that would toss riders with no restraints. If you have a
>>> belt, sure no lap bar is OK, except for it being backup.
>>
>>Most won't actually toss a dummy rider, even unrestrained.
>>
>>Heck, water dummies come back on wooden coasters, even though they are
>>effectively quadruple amputees with no lap.
>

> Right, they don't have legs. Riders can raise their bodies, even ever
> so slightly, even if it's inadvertently, which leads to a massive
> shift in the center of gravity.

'Bout the only way to raise the cg is to lift your legs. This might actually
make it harder to be ejected, because you get no push. The real trick to the
lapbar is that it retards riders from ejecting themselves.

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 27, 2005, 12:59:47 AM6/27/05
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:23:54 -0400, "Wolf" <bill.b...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Exactly. It only takes a few inches of the rider starting to stand up
to really screw up things on an agressive coaster. Which is why
classic buzz bars were better. If you can't straighten out, you
can't come out.

Wolf

Jun 27, 2005, 1:16:15 AM6/27/05

>>> Right, they don't have legs. Riders can raise their bodies, even ever
>>> so slightly, even if it's inadvertently, which leads to a massive
>>> shift in the center of gravity.
>>
>>'Bout the only way to raise the cg is to lift your legs. This might
>>actually
>>make it harder to be ejected, because you get no push. The real trick to
>>the
>>lapbar is that it retards riders from ejecting themselves.
>
> Exactly. It only takes a few inches of the rider starting to stand up
> to really screw up things on an agressive coaster. Which is why
> classic buzz bars were better. If you can't straighten out, you
> can't come out.

You missed my point.

It's strictly true that the ride did not eject the rider. The rider did.

I can eject myself from a Wacky Worm, if I wanted to.

TeknoScorpion

Jun 27, 2005, 1:47:18 AM6/27/05

Rastus O'Ginga wrote:
> On 26 Jun 2005 15:41:46 -0700, deadand...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >>Oh yes, making up things is such a burn.

What did I make up? You didn't take your kid to the park because you
are too cheap. My parents were good enough to realize that if they
couldn't afford for all of us to do it, they weren't going to say
'okay, son, you sit in the car while we go have fun because you know
the value of a dollar'.

> If you instead
> choose to be a retard and try and read things into the trip reports,
> then go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

So you're a homophobe and you hate mentally retarded people? C'mon,
how old are you again? 15? Go to Hell? Can't you argue intelligently
enough with me without throwing insults and 'bad' language? Truely
intelligent people don't need to insult nor resort to foul language to
get their point across. I'm suprised you didn't know that already,
sonnyboy.

> My trip reports are meant to help lurkers and non-assholes to plan
> their trips. They're not meant to pass muster with a bunch of fucking
> idiots who think they're cool.

I don't think I'm 'cool'. My self esteem does not need a boost from
discussing your faults because I'm confident in myself enough to know
that it doesen't matter what other people think of me. I also don't
think I'm the only person who's opinion counts. But, then, you
probably wouldn't know about that. And as for raising children, you
don't know a thing about me, so how do you know I haven't raised a
child? Just because you're still in your son's life does not a good
father make.

I'd love to get his input on how he felt when daddy told him he
couldn't go in the park because he wasn't worth the $17 it took to ride
a coaster, because this trip was all about daddy's fun and daddy riding
his 100th wooden coaster. Caring about how many coasters you've ridden
(and posting endlessly about it) is just as ridiculous as caring about
your penis size. Which, according to most notable experts in the
psycological & Psychiatric, means you probably have issues with the
size of your own. How inadequate do you feel in bed? As a husband?
At work? As a father? Inquiring minds (don't) want to know, but I'd
bet you have more issues than just having to argue with everyone on a
silly little message board.

Rastus O'Ginga

Jun 27, 2005, 10:15:02 AM6/27/05

I'm glad someone as all-knowing and perfect as yourself is now posting
to teh group. Your help will be much appreciated by us all. Hell, if
I forget something about my trip, I'll just ask you, since you seem to
know everything.

Rastus O'Ginga

Rob Ascough

Jun 27, 2005, 11:12:03 AM6/27/05

> I'm sorry, but if there isn't an explicit sign prohibiting it within the
> entry queue, and there's 3 days worth of ride operators permitting video
> cameras and still cameras IN FULL VIEW on ALL RIDES, then you'd have no
> reason to think it wasn't permitted. (and I have video of others in our
> group riding with their cameras out in the station with not so much a
> second glance from the ride ops) Not every park prohibits riding with
> video cameras. Disney comes to mind as one who allows it on practically
> every ride. It is not my job as a guest in the park to search out a
> policy. Unless otherwise stated & enforced, the policy is that there is
> no policy.

I'm about as big an advocate of rider safety as you'll find anywhere but I
agree that the park makes no mention of prohibiting cameras on rides, and
the last time I checked, the "no cameras" policy was not instituted as a
blanket rule that covers every park from coast to coast. As far as I know,
it is up to each individual park to put into place a rule that prohibits
cameras on rides.

I found Mt. Olympus to be a fine park, very well run in many areas. One
thing the park is not good at is communicating to guests. A large
percentage of the park's employees spoke only a few words or English and
during the course of three days I didn't hear one ride op spiel on any ride
in the park, whether it be a roller coaster, water slide or go-karts. The
park doesn't give out any maps or literature upon purchasing admission that
outlines what is allowed and what is forbidden. If the park has a thing
against cameras on rides, it is up to them to make it clear- a guest should
not have to conduct research once in the park to find out what they are and
are not allowed to do.

Cameras are not the biggest problems on rides. Cell phones are. I can't
count how many times I've been on a roller coaster and some asshole is
talking on his cell phone and raising it to the sky as the ride is in
motion. Idiots.

Rob Ascough

Jun 27, 2005, 11:13:58 AM6/27/05

"Dave Althoff, Jr." <dalloff....@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> Oh, and while we're at it, quit giving each other shit about lap bar
> positions. It's counter-productive. You can ride safely with no lap
> bar, and you can ride unsafely with the bar all the way down. If we're
> going to talk ride safety, let's talk about meaningful issues, okay?

Figures that Dave would come through with an intelligent post!

Mike Kallay

Jun 27, 2005, 12:09:47 PM6/27/05
In article <995c9$42be1e6c$4364a0a1$23...@msgid.meganewsservers.com>,
feed...@rcdb.com says...

> >There was implied permission, as there is no signage saying
> >that videotaping is not permitted.
>
> If you're going to do something like this fine, but be willing to take
> responsibility for you actions -- don't try to rationalize them by making up
> such absurd technicalities. Leave that to the blood-sucking lawyers who
> argue common sense needs documentation.

If you were that sensitive to the silly way I stated "there was not a
camera policy," then I'm guessing you've got some serious baggage not
related to my post, and I'm sorry. I am no fan of the legal profession.
The car you parked on my chest teed me off...

I have accountability for all of my actions and when I have done
something wrong I will admit and make reparations. I don't try to find
relative morality in the gray shadows of life. Having said that,
specifically I saw no sign, heard no announcement, and received no
direct word from any employee stating that a camera was prohibited.
Given that many other parks allow cameras I had no reason to believe
that Mt. Olympus didn't allow them. If I find out otherwise, I'll admit
my mistake and move on.

I am absolutely willing to take responsibility for my actions. I was
wrong to take a flashlight on Hades. I wouldn't change it. But, I was
wrong. Actually, I would change it. I'd get a stronger light next time.

/mike