Rare Tyco HO - eBay Auctions

1 view

Kayley Sullivan

May 5, 2003, 7:44:12 PM5/5/03
Clear DayI have several Tyco HO scale auctions on eBay, if anyone would like
to have a look. There are some rare pieces.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=happy_shoppers_auctions&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=25

If this is an inappropriate forum for this, I do apologize, and would
appreciate it if anyone could tell me if there is a more appropriate place
to advertise these.

Thank you kindly,
--
Sullivan

Froggy

May 6, 2003, 1:22:52 AM5/6/03
On Mon, 05 May 2003 23:44:12 GMT, "Kayley Sullivan" <kay...@kayleysphotos.com> wrote:

>............ would

>appreciate it if anyone could tell me if there is a more appropriate place
>to advertise these.

Everyone wants to maximize his eBay presence. That is normal.

I do not think, however, that this forum is the place to advertise anything.
Although we do talk about eBay, and frequently drift off topic in many directions
when it is a slow day, that is different from blatant advertising, advertising, which
is addressed in the charter and the FAQ.
I suppose it's a bit like alcohol in a way. It isn't really a problem until you abuse
it. I won't say too much more about it, but please don't do it again.

eBay users that want model train / toy train stuff will find it easily enough
without being prompted through the non-commercial usenet. One more thing. It is
unlikely to do you a great deal of good to sell Tyco here anyway. The items you are
selling generally appeal to a completely different group of folks than the majority
of the ones you will find here. Tyco may well have a degree of collectability, but
this group is, by and large, composed of those more interested in a much finer degree
of scale modeling than anything ever offered by Tyco. Granted, there will be a few
here, but mostly not.

........F>

Jim Bernier

May 6, 2003, 10:34:26 AM5/6/03
  If you want to put an 'auction' notice on the forum, use the 'FA' in the header, so folks can filter out auction items.  This allows you to list an auction notice, and also allows folks who do not want to waste time looking at FA, FS, etc posts....

Jim Bernier

Bob May

May 6, 2003, 5:01:18 PM5/6/03
All rare items made in the millions for the toy train business.

--
Bob May
Why is there an Ozone Hole at the South Pole but Not at the North Pole?

Mike of TheSundinSite.com

May 6, 2003, 6:53:10 PM5/6/03
<Froggy> wrote in message news:3eb74277...@news.mindspring.com...

> On Mon, 05 May 2003 23:44:12 GMT, "Kayley Sullivan"
<kay...@kayleysphotos.com> wrote:
> I do not think, however, that this forum is the place to advertise
anything.
> Although we do talk about eBay, and frequently drift off topic in many
directions
> when it is a slow day, that is different from blatant advertising,
advertising, which
> is addressed in the charter and the FAQ.
> I suppose it's a bit like alcohol in a way. It isn't really a problem
until you abuse
> it. I won't say too much more about it, but please don't do it again.

I agree. There is a time and place for everything.

Mike
Coffee Table Train Set
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3130147700&category=486&r
d=1