Beverage on the ground

Richard

Mar 19, 2005, 4:59:33 AM3/19/05

RHF

Mar 19, 2005, 6:20:43 AM3/19/05
RICHARD,
.
Listen and Have a Beverage . . . Antenna That Is !
NOTE - For any of the broken links/URLS to the above
Check-Out => http://tinyurl.com/474tf
.
Got Lots-of-Space ? Think Beverage Antenna !
.
ABOUT - Beverage Antennas :
.
* Read AMANDX Beverage Antennas by Shawn Axelrod
http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/bevant.html
.
* Beverage Antennas - Some Practical Views
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/wire/beverage/view1.html
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/wire/beverage/view1.html#3
.
* Down To Earth Antennas - by Joseph Buch
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/special/swlant.html
http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/special/swlant.html#beverage
.
* KB1GW's collection of Beverage Antenna Information
http://www.alleged.com/radio/Beverage2/
http://members.cox.net/kb1gw/beverageinfo2.htm
.
* Beverage Antenna Construction by W8JI
http://www.w8ji.com/beverages.htm
.
* Two Wire Beverage - by Jeff Parker [KA1GJ]
http://www.yccc.org/Articles/ka1gj_bev.htm
.
* So You Want to Build a Beverage Antenna ? - by AA3PX
http://www.qsl.net/aa3px/design.html
.
* The Benchmark Beverage - by Greg Ordy [W8WWV]
http://www.seed-solutions.com/gregordy/Amateur%
20Radio/Experimentation/Beverage.htm
.
* Remote-Controlled Termination Beverage Antenna
- by Steve Byan
http://users.rcn.com/oakridge.ma.ultranet/Beverage_info/RCT_Beverage/RCT_Beverage.html

.
* Beverage Antenna Page II - by Andrew K. Dart
http://www.akdart.com/bev/bev2.html
[ The Beverage Antenna Memorandum ]
http://www.akdart.com/bev/bev.html

* Beverage Receive Antennas - by N3RR
http://users.erols.com/n3rr/beverage/

* An Introduction to the Mysteries of Ground Radio
- by Gerry Vassilatos
http://www.borderlands.com/newstuff/research/ground-myst.htm
.
* Getting Started with Beverage Antennas
- by Misek Antenna Research
http://exax.net/
Publisher of The Beverage Antenna Handbook and Supplier
of Transformer Cores, Clips and FET's used in Beverage
Antenna construction.
.
* W3LPL on Beverages - by Frank Donavan
http://www.eham.net/articles/503
.
* Easy-Up Beverages - by Paul Ormandy
http://www.radiodx.com/spdxr/Beverages.htm
>From : The New Zealand Radio DX League
.
* Modern Beverage Receiving Antenna Construction and Installation
http://www.arraysolutions.com/Products/ice/11.htm
- by WX0B at Array Solutions
.
TOO SHORT ? Not Enough Space for a 'really-long' Beverage Antenna
READ - Radial Wire Antennas { To Short to be a Beverage}
http://radiodx.com/spdxr/Radials.htm
>From : The New Zealand Radio DX League - by Peter Chambers
.
.
iane ~ RHF
.
All are WELCOME and "Invited to Join" the
Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antenna eGroup on YAHOO !
.
Some Say: On A Clear Day You Can See Forever.
.
I BELIEVE: On A Clear Night . . .
You Can Hear Forever and Beyond, The BEYOND !
With a Shortwave Listener SWL Antenna of your own making.
"If You Build It {SWL Antenna} You Will Hear Them !"
.
.

Richard

Mar 19, 2005, 6:32:59 AM3/19/05
Thanks for the links. Beverages overground are a bit difficult for me, but
on the ground is a possibility. Thanks for the links will have go thru them

73's
Richard

"RHF" <rhf-new...@pacbell.net> wrote in message

The Axelrods

Mar 19, 2005, 7:51:20 AM3/19/05
I have ben using B O G's for over 15 years and have logged tons of new
stations. They are easy to put out and reel back up. I recommend people give
them a try. Many of mine have been just laid on the ground on or under the
snow without a ground rod and work great.

Shawn

"Richard" <transl...@qdnet.pl> wrote in message

Richard

Mar 19, 2005, 8:21:52 AM3/19/05
Hi Shawn,

I do 90% of my DXing ay my summer cottage where I would lay loads of
beverages, but it would be best for me to place thwm a few centimeters under
the soil - how do you think that would work?

Thanks

Richard, Warsaw

"The Axelrods" <saxe...@mts.net> wrote in message

Pete KE9OA

Mar 19, 2005, 9:21:52 AM3/19/05
I remember at the Cedar Rapids hamfest a few year back. I strung one of
these antennas out and the results were very good. I was able to hear WLW
with an S9 +10dB signal. WHAS 840 was coming in with an S9 level. This was
at 12 noon.

Pete

"Richard" <transl...@qdnet.pl> wrote in message

cuh...@webtv.net

Mar 19, 2005, 11:14:22 AM3/19/05
San Antonio,Great Republic of Texas (several other radio stations in
Great Republic of Texas,I can pick up too) and Louisville,Kentucky.I can
pick up both pretty good at night times.I used to listen to Louisville
all the time when I was in the Army ARADCOM at Scott Air Force
Base,Illinois and ammo school at Fort Knox,Kentucky in
1963.Louisville,because it was the thing to do.Good oldies music.
cuhulin

Telamon

Mar 19, 2005, 10:58:53 PM3/19/05
Yes it can work. It will work better with poor soil conductivity. That
would be the case for sandy soil.

In article <d1h9vc$7a5$1...@nemesis.news.tpi.pl>,
"Richard" <transl...@qdnet.pl> wrote:

--