Grundig repair Q

Paul A.

Jan 5, 2003, 6:17:39 PM1/5/03
Buddy of mine, senior (80) and long time DXer, owns a Grundig 650 that
needs repair. Wondering if anybody has a lead on someone in Wash, DC
area, who would check out and repair this unit. Can email me, if
prefer. Many thanks.
--Paul

Brenda Ann

Jan 5, 2003, 7:05:48 PM1/5/03
Paul,

There may well be some independant shop that would tackle your friend's 650,
but there is only one Grundig repair depot in N. America at this time. Here
is their information:

Act Electronics
2345 E. Anaheim St.
Long Beach CA 90802
1 800 824 7094
www.actelectronics.com

This came directly from Adrian Elie at Lextronix parts.

Hope this helps you.

"Paul A." <pani...@erols.com> wrote in message

Paul A.

Jan 6, 2003, 8:22:47 AM1/6/03
"Brenda Ann" <bre...@shinbiro.com> wrote in message news:<avafk3$j69$1...@news1.kornet.net>...

> Paul,
>
> There may well be some independant shop that would tackle your friend's 650,
> but there is only one Grundig repair depot in N. America at this time. Here
> is their information:
>
> Act Electronics
> 2345 E. Anaheim St.
> Long Beach CA 90802
> 1 800 824 7094
> www.actelectronics.com
>
> This came directly from Adrian Elie at Lextronix parts.
>
> Hope this helps you.

Thanks for the info, Brenda Ann. Actually, he has dealt with ACT in
the past It's the crating up and shipping to west coast that he'd
like to avoid, so we'll keep hunting locally. Many thanks.
--Paul

j...@randomc.com

Jan 27, 2003, 9:47:32 AM1/27/03

On 2003-01-06 bre...@shinbiro.com said:
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave

Paul,
There may well be some independant shop that would tackle your
friend's 650, but there is only one Grundig repair depot in N.
America at this time. Here is their information:
Act Electronics
2345 E. Anaheim St.
Long Beach CA 90802
1 800 824 7094
www.actelectronics.com
This came directly from Adrian Elie at Lextronix parts.
Hope this helps you.

Snip----

Actually, Adrian Ilie is the owner of Act Electronics. He is not at
Lextronics.

And, no, he is not the only reccommended person in the U.S. where you can
get a Grundig radio repaired.

YOu can try: Ross Hochstrasser
Bavarian Radio Works
162 Beulah Street
Whitman, MA 02382
Phone: 1-617-447-4299

He repairs any of the old German-made radios, including Grundig, Saba,
Telefunken, Nordmende, Siemens, Imperial, BlauPunkt, just to name a few. He
also does work on old American vacuum-tube units, like Zenith TransOceanics,
Halicrafters, Collins, Hammarlund, etc. He also may have units to sell or
trade. He does excellent work, although you might want to be prepared to
wait quite a long time between the time you send your unit to him and the
time you get it back.

About a year or two ago, I saw a post from Ross Hochstrasser to this group,
so he does apparently have email, although I don't have that email address
readily at hand.

Reply to: j...@randomc.com
Brent Reynolds, Atlanta, GA USA

mojo-radio

Jan 28, 2003, 2:13:33 AM1/28/03
I wish I would have known that there is a repai alternative for Grundig sw
radios other then Act Electronics. I sent them my Satelit-700 for repair
last year. They repaired it and then supposedly by mistake, they sold it.
They have offered me a Sat-500 for my Sat-700. I have refused and am still
trying to get payed for my radio. It looks like I will have to go the legal
route with this. Be verry carefull when sending any thing to them for
repair.
Jeff

<j...@randomc.com> wrote in message

truthnoa...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2017, 9:12:06 PM8/23/17
Eton advertises they will repair their products. Anyone have experience with their service?

David Goll

Aug 24, 2017, 3:40:40 AM8/24/17
Everything I've read so far on Eton has been B-A-D! Just looking to find a really top quality desktop SW radio receiver! Cost/money NOT really an issue! Any ideas?

Thanks
David
--
yrNews Usenet Reader HD for iPad