SALES WARNING: "NorthStar CB's"

Dave or Debby

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98

People:
DO NOT BUY Northstar 10 meter or CB Radios. The reasons
are this: They are made in RED China & will have MORE problems that the
Galaxy/Connex comporable Radios that are NOT made by forced slave
labor. ANY CB's or Car Stereos or ANYother electronics that is made in
China IS CHEAPENED UP & won't last as long & you will have more problems
with them then NON-China made units. Plus you pay the same price to
have MORE headaches with this commie trash! So do you want to support
COMMUNIST murderers & get a less than should be quality radio, or do you
want to get a better quality radio & NOT support the REDS? Avoid China
like AIDS! Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matthew

May 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/10/98

O.K.?

TX 800

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

Something does'nt sound right here. I've been selling all of the
export radio lines for almost 8 - years and the only radios that I can
say thats been trouble free are the northstars. I have had one
nortstar 440 come back, and it was in the 90 - day warranty that
I give to all customers wheather it was a galaxy, connex, superstar
northstar or whatever. Instead of fixing the radio for this man, I gave him a
new one, sent the other back and it was exchanged with no questions asked, (
thats product support ). Sounds like
someone does'nt like China any more than I do, but the labor rates
overseas are much less than our American labor rates, so in order
for these radios to be made they come from overseas and many of
the export radios and not just northstar are made in China.

Labtech1

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

>WARNING: "NorthStar CB's"
>From: Dave or Debby <tr...@planetc.com>

>People:
> DO NOT BUY Northstar 10 meter or CB Radios.

> So do you want to support

>COMMUNIST murderers & get a less than should be quality radio, or do you
>want to get a better quality radio & NOT support the REDS? Avoid China
>like AIDS! Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah..... don't show these people what capitaliziam is all about
.....keep them poor and with out work so they will stay
Communist.
labt...@nospam.aol.com

MSAG

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

>They are made in RED China & will have MORE problems that the
>Galaxy/Connex comporable Radios that are NOT made by forced slave
>labor.

The reality is that the labor portion of the construction is usually less
important than the quality of the subcomponents. A great radio will have
high-grade (mil spec grade?) components with rated MTBF (mean time between
failure) of greater than 8 years. Cheap components can have MTBF's of less than
18 months. In the computer industry it is one of the main factors that make
some computers much better than others (HP, Apple, Sun better than PacBell,
Acer, Franklin for example). Yes, crappy labor can cause bad solder
connections, etc, but most things are built by robots anyway -- when is the
last time you saw a commercial electronic appliance that was hand soldered
other than a few leads? That's why they use wave machines (a machine designed
to solder the entirety of a board at once by floating a curcuit board across a
pool of solder).
-- Marc

Marc S.A. Glasgow
Lead Technologist
AardWolf Consulting
Quote: “If Reality impedes your Performance, try reallocating your
Reality_Buffer at a higher value...”
(c) 1983, Marc S.A. Glasgow aka The CyberPoet(tm)

jimcar

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

dave's been spouting his red china crapola for the past few months then
took a nice (too short) respite from the ng. good to see you ornery as
ever dave...

Professor

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

I think Dave needs a two week vacation... in Beijing

Professor

john canellas

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

Dave,
I've owned a Northstar DX 880HL for the past 18 months. It is a
little finicky for mobile use, however, I have been using it as a base
station & it sure carries the mail.
John

Redeye

May 11, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/11/98

I bet your mailman hates you for this... a postal cb radio... Hmmmm...

> John

I couldn't resist. :-)

-Chuck
---
Chuck's 2 Way Radio Service and CB Radio Sales
Http://www.chucks2way.com
MailTo:ch...@chucks2way.com

steve-z

May 13, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/13/98

i love my northstar dx990-v
i wondered why the meter lit RED on transmit...its 2 years old and still
rockin the neighborhood!!!
besides we've got conditions like that here...do you make sure your fruit
and veggies aren't picked by illegal immigrant workers?if you say yes i know
its not true ,so no answer is needed.
besides,if U.S. workers(not all,but a lot)gave a shit...if U.S. companies
weren't out to gouge workers and consumers for a $...
and on top of it all,we are so close to a world wide economy that it doesn't
really matter any more anyhow.
Dave or Debby wrote in message <35563853...@planetc.com>...
>People:
> DO NOT BUY Northstar 10 meter or CB Radios. The reasons
>are this: They are made in RED China & will have MORE problems that the

>Galaxy/Connex comporable Radios that are NOT made by forced slave
>labor. ANY CB's or Car Stereos or ANYother electronics that is made in
>China IS CHEAPENED UP & won't last as long & you will have more problems
>with them then NON-China made units. Plus you pay the same price to
>have MORE headaches with this commie trash! So do you want to support

Redeye

May 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/14/98
to DIRTYRENCH

DIRTYRENCH wrote:

> Hi Chuck, have you heard of any modulation problems with the galaxy or mirage
> radio's? For Instance the modulation being nowhere near the carrier strength?
> Carrier being strong with the modulation sounding way off in the distance? Any
> input would be greatly appreciated. Was the swing kit done right? a diode and
> resistor off of the voltage regulator to the small solder island a 1/4 inch to
> the right? Thank you for your time sir.

Hello,

The first thing you need to do is have the "swing" kit taken out... and
put the radio back to stock... sounds like some "hack" had that radio
and tried putting in a swing kit and had NO clue as to what he was
doing... if you want, I can have my tech, look at it and see what the
problem is..

73's

tnhu...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2019, 5:02:42 PM3/31/19