Re: Recommendations Portable Transceiver

JustMike

Aug 27, 2021, 4:45:30 AM8/27/21
G.Ma...@the.HelpDesk (Guglielmo Marconi) wrote in
news:LnWTI.53875$Qp7....@fx46.iad:

> In article <XnsAD83595D9CFBmi...@46.165.242.91>,
> JustMike <Just...@nospaminvalid.org> wrote:
>>JustMike <Just...@nospaminvalid.org> wrote in
>>
>>> I am a new poster her. I am looking for recommendations on a
>>> portable tranceiver that might include the following
>>> characteristics.
>>>
>>> 1) Strong enough to be heard worldwide with a minimal antenna as
>>> possible 2) Lightweight, carry on a backpack
>>> 3) Easy setup for portability
>>> 4) minimal power consumption with battery backup, maybe selective
>>> power depending on desired signal strength
>>> 5) frequency bands that are widely
>>> available to the public for worldwide dissemenation
>>> 6) I am on a budget so not super expensive.
>>> 7) Not super complicated to use-user friendly.
>>>
>>> As you can probably tell from this post I am a novice in this field.
>>> I anticipate internet blackout by Gov. and I need to have an
>>> alternate way to communicate.
>>>
>>> Thanks for any helpful answers.
>>
>>I guess maybe I used the wrong word: transceiver mean
>>transmitter+receiver. I don't want to just listen I want to transmit
>>to others.
>
> Hi Mike,
> I can say without a doubt, the best radio for you would be a CB radio.
> With a CB you'll be able to talk to a shit-load of people as dumb or
> dumber than you. You'll feel right at home.
>
> Now run along to rec.radio.cb and they'll hook you up.
>
> G.Marconi

Are you sure Marconi is your name, more like macaroni (for brains) if you
ask me. Now run along to alt.morons where you belong.

wifi user

Aug 27, 2021, 4:49:06 AM8/27/21
Are you sure your real name isn't Macaroni as in Macaroni 4 brains?
No run along to alt.morons where you belong.

tom

Jan 8, 2023, 4:56:43 PM1/8/23
On Fri, 27 Aug 2021 08:45:29 -0000 (UTC)

handie-talkies are not for long range. Just buy the cheapest radio at a
truck stop and learn how to properly set it up and tune your antenna.
You have a lot to learn. If you want guided learning go to a ham radio
club.