Remote Radio Link

TF

Mar 2, 2005, 3:15:02 PM3/2/05
I am trying to eliminate a telco connection from a repeater voter site by
using VOIP. I have good network connectivity.

I would like to take two computer and set them up dedicated with linux (most
likely Fedora - command line only).

Have line input on computer 1 --> speaker output on computer 2

Very simple application. I need it to boot and auto connect, and reconnect
if it looses connection for unmanned operation.

Anyone know of such as app?

73s....

TF

Mar 2, 2005, 3:20:57 PM3/2/05

GeorgeC

Mar 25, 2005, 2:06:16 AM3/25/05
Yup, openh323 is perfect for it...

You'll need pwlib as well...

-GeorgeC

"TF" <T...@TF.com> wrote in message

MrCPU

Mar 25, 2005, 9:12:17 AM3/25/05
Here's a WEIRD idea. What if you used NFS to mount one servers /dev
directory on another's server, ie /mnt/remote/dev

Then what would happen if you did a:

dd if=/mnt/remote/dev/"soundcardinputdevicename"
of=/dev/"soundcardspeakerdevice" bs=xxxxx (play with the block size)

Just a thought! I've never tried it.