Re: FA: LAFAYETTE DYNA-COM 23, ***NEW*** SEALED IN FACTORY BOX

Cmd Buzz Corey

Apr 10, 2005, 10:30:54 AM4/10/05
Sky King wrote:
> Many clear pics. Take a look if you like
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5745122037

Why do you people fill this group with ebay ads when there is a group
for that kind of junk?

Steveo

Apr 10, 2005, 12:36:04 PM4/10/05
Which group, JJ? it's x-posted to 8 of them.

Cmd Buzz Corey

Apr 10, 2005, 1:27:21 PM4/10/05

My bad, FAs should only be posted to the .swap and .marketplace groups
which were created for ads and let discussion groups be for discussion.
However it seems that everyone who has something to sell on ebay thinks
all groups were created so they would have a place to hawk their junk in
hopes of getting an extra dollar. As can be seen, these FA were spammed
to multiple groups without regards to the type of group.

Admiral Nelson

Apr 10, 2005, 5:14:52 PM4/10/05
You're crying about an auction that ended 2 months ago?
Seems to me that the bay is here to stay.
Learn to use your filters.
Seems to be the only way for you not to see them.
Also, one mans junk in another mans treasure............
It also seems that people who view these newsgroups
might be curious as to what's for sale elsewhere.
Many have gotten stuck buying on these groups with broken items.
If someone has integrity there is usually not a problem, but there is the
other side of the coin where broken items were sold. The new owner has no
recourse. At least on ebay there is feedback, not a perfect system but
one that works.
And with paypal you CAN get a refund a good part of the time if there is
a problem.
Been there and done that.

Cmd Buzz Corey

Apr 10, 2005, 8:39:38 PM4/10/05
Admiral Nelson wrote:
> You're crying about an auction that ended 2 months ago?
> Seems to me that the bay is here to stay.
> Learn to use your filters.
> Seems to be the only way for you not to see them.
> Also, one mans junk in another mans treasure............
> It also seems that people who view these newsgroups
> might be curious as to what's for sale elsewhere.
> Many have gotten stuck buying on these groups with broken items.
> If someone has integrity there is usually not a problem, but there is the
> other side of the coin where broken items were sold. The new owner has no
> recourse. At least on ebay there is feedback, not a perfect system but
> one that works.
> And with paypal you CAN get a refund a good part of the time if there is
> a problem.
> Been there and done that.

So why post FAs in groups that are for discussion? That is what the
.swap and .marketplace groups are for. Why should I have to filter out
FAs in a discussion group where FAs shouldn't be there in the first
place? If people in a discussion group are curious about what may be for
sale on ebay then they can check the .swap or .marketplace groups or go
to ebay and search, it ain't rocket surgery.
Look at the boatanchor group as an example, which was set up to DISCUSS
boatanchor type equipment, along comes the ebayers with a few FAs, then
someone else sees the FAs, posts their FAs and pretty soon the group is
more FA ads than discussion.

Admiral Nelson

Apr 11, 2005, 4:10:55 AM4/11/05
That's a good point. It use to piss me off when these FA started to
show up on the groups.
We can still discuss stuff here but it seems it is the way of the world.
It's like the price of gas, nobody likes it, but it keeps going up and
we still have to buy it.

Cmd Buzz Corey wrote

So why post FAs in groups that are for discussion? That is what the
.swap and .marketplace groups are for. Why should I have to filter out
FAs in a discussion group where FAs shouldn't be there in the first
place? If people in a discussion group are curious about what may be for
sale on ebay then they can check the .swap or .marketplace groups or go
to ebay and search, it ain't rocket surgery.
Look at the boatanchor group as an example, which was set up to DISCUSS
boatanchor type equipment, along comes the ebayers with a few FAs, then
someone else sees the FAs, posts their FAs and pretty soon the group is
more FA ads than discussion.

:

Pat Stevens

Apr 11, 2005, 10:52:04 AM4/11/05
It is called spam. Especially, when they cross-post to so many groups.
I just look at it like this...if they can't seem to follow netiquette,
then I don't want to do business with them. Unfortunately, there are so
many people online that are ignorant, it will never go away. So, I just
report them.

"Cmd Buzz Corey" <m...@that.moc> wrote in message