[K0NR] Exploring a New SOTA Summit (W0C/SC-102)

1 view

K0NR via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin

May 15, 2023, 10:55:50 PM5/15/23

Post : Exploring a New SOTA Summit (W0C/SC-102)
Author : Bob K0NR
Categories : Ham Radio, SOTA, VHF/UHF

We were looking for a SOTA summit to activate near Salida, so I started to
poke around using SOTLAS ( https://sotl.as/map ) . There is still plenty of
snow at the higher elevations, so we wanted to stay lower. SOTLAS has some
useful filtering features that allow you to show only the summits of
interest. Initially, I looked for a summit that Joyce/K0JJW and I had not yet
activated.

[...]