* * * Announcing the QRZ! Ham Radio CD-ROM * * *

Fred Lloyd

May 6, 1993, 2:48:15 PM5/6/93
Hot off the presses, the QRZ! Ham Radio CD-ROM contains the complete
US CALLSIGN DATABASE (March 1993 Edition) complete with PC (MSDOS)
compatible search and retrieval software, and tons of ham related
material totalling over 500 Megabytes!

Some of the features include:

* March 1993 US CALLSIGN DATABASE (in ASCII)
* PC (MSDOS) compatible search and retrieval software
Search by callsign, name, city, zipcode, several
output formats including screen, mailing lists, etc.
* ISO 9660 CD-ROM Format - readable on all systems
* Hundreds of popular ham related (shareware) programs
* Nearly 200 radio and scanner modifications
* USENET news articles from rec.ham-radio and
rec.radio.amateur.{misc,packet,policy} since 1989
* Complete dumps of several internet ham radio archives
* Canadian and US CLUB callsigns
* FCC Rules and Regulations (Part 97)
* DX lists, DXCC info, BBS Lists
* UNIX callsign database/server 'C' source code
* SIMTEL20 Ham Radio Archive Files
* Vast amounts of useful reading information for the
beginning to the advanced ham

The list price of the QRZ! CD-ROM is $24.95. As a special thanks to
the USENET community, we are making the QRZ! Ham Radio CD-ROM available
at a special price of $15 (US) plus $4 shipping and handling per
order. All CD's will be mailed First Class Priority mail (this costs
us $2.90 in postage) which reaches most US addresses in 2 or 3 days on
average. Those ordering multiple copies pay the $4 only once per order.

Overseas orders will be accepted at the same $15 (US) price, but
with a $10 shipping charge.

Quantity discounts are available for orders of 10 or more.

A complimentary copy is available to each of those whose contributed
shareware appears on the CD.

Ordering Info:

US: Send a check or money order (preferred) for $19 ($15 + $4 s/h)

Overseas: Send a money order for $25 (US funds) ($15 + $10 s/h)

Make all checks payable Fred Lloyd and send to:

QRZ! c/o Fred Lloyd
8215 E. Wood Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85260

NOTE: This one-time offer is available only to persons who are
actually on USENET (must have a reachable e-mail address).

Questions, comments, etc. via e-mail to Fred....@West.Sun.COM

Fred Lloyd [Phoenix SE]

May 7, 1993, 11:36:49 AM5/7/93

In article <rec-radio-i...@ve6mgs.ampr.ab.ca>
Fred....@west.sun.com (Fred Lloyd) writes:

Sorry Gang, someone (ve6mgs?) has posted a private e-mail that I
sent out to a small group which offered the QRZ CD at a special
price. I reget to say that that I am unable to offer the CD to
the general usnet population (despite what the message says).
I have only a limited number of CD's myself and thus cannot fulfill
the offer to everyone who might asks as a result of this posting.

Due to the very limited supply of CD's that I have, I must restrict
my special private offering to those who actually received my e-mail.

As for everyone else, I heartily recommend that you give Walnut Creek
CD-ROM a call. At $24.95 the it's still a great value and by doing
so you will help to insure that future editions will be possible.

In addition, I will not be making any further postings regarding
the sale of CD, so as to not use this forum for business purposes.

Thanks for all your support and let me offer my apologies for any
confusion this may have caused.

-fred

--
[ Fred Lloyd, AA7BQ Fred....@West.Sun.COM ]
[ Sun Microsystems, Southwest Area Solaris Transition Manager ]

Paul W Schleck KD3FU

May 7, 1993, 1:07:36 PM5/7/93
fll...@sunburn.Corp.Sun.COM (Fred Lloyd [Phoenix SE]) writes:

>In article <rec-radio-i...@ve6mgs.ampr.ab.ca>
>Fred....@west.sun.com (Fred Lloyd) writes:

>Sorry Gang, someone (ve6mgs?) has posted a private e-mail that I
>sent out to a small group which offered the QRZ CD at a special
>price. I reget to say that that I am unable to offer the CD to
>the general usnet population (despite what the message says).
>I have only a limited number of CD's myself and thus cannot fulfill
>the offer to everyone who might asks as a result of this posting.

Actually Mark is blameless in this one. At first glance, your E-mailed
message looked identical to the one that you had posted to news (and
it seemed to contain an offer that was directed to all of Usenet). So,
I passed it on to rec.radio.info without realizing that it was private
information.

Sorry for the confusion also.

73, Paul W. Schleck, KD3FU

psch...@unomaha.edu