[SSDN] Troubleshooting Apollo: 23 MHz Crystals in a NASA Ground Receiver

SSDN via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin

Jan 1, 2022, 1:03:17 AM1/1/22

SolderSmoke Daily News

Troubleshooting Apollo: 23 MHz Crystals in a NASA Ground Receiver

http://soldersmoke.blogspot.com/2021/12/troubleshooting-apollo-23-mhz-crystals.html

More amazing Apollo stuff from CuriousMarc. Here we see them struggling to
find the proper frequency for one of the oscillators in a dual conversion
UHF receiver from the Apollo program.  For the VCO, they needed a crystal
in the 23 MHz range. They faced the same questions we face:   Series or
parallel?  Load capacitance?  Fundamental or overtone? It just so happens
that at this moment I have on