[PE4BAS] Future enchancements on VarAC

PE4BAS via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin

Jul 1, 2022, 1:41:07 PM7/1/22

PE4BAS Amateur Radio Weblog

Future enchancements on VarAC

https://pe4bas.blogspot.com/2022/06/future-enchancements-on-varac.html

Currently I'm testing and enjoying the newest VarAC digimode software.
4Z1AC Irad has started to implement Vmail (short for VarAC Mail) and there
is now a possebility to leave a mail message at a station. This really
works very well. This is just a start! From the VarAC fb page:
So what's next with Vmails?
You are only experiencing the first version of it. I wanted to release a
basic functionality to start and get some feedbacks and find bugs, before I
move on to the next phase which is the real deal.
Next version will allow you to store a message offline in your mailbox, and
once connected to that station, the message will be sent.
Not only this, you will be able to park a message for a 3rd party (someone
you don't have a direct link with). This will open up the opportunity for
some people to have their rigs operate as a store & forward gateways. Much
like an old fashion style of BBS.
So lots of things are coming your way. In the meantime keep leaving each
other mails when they're <AWAY> . Seeing the blinking "3 NEW MAILS" is
soooo fun.
73s! Keep Vchatting and Vmailing!
Irad
This is really most of the users are waiting for. Exciting!
Latest connections with VarAC:

Vmails from as far as CA, USA have been received!