[SSDN] The HBR-13C Receiver and the Poetic License of Homebrewers

SSDN via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin

Sep 16, 2021, 7:29:35 PM9/16/21

SolderSmoke Daily News

The HBR-13C Receiver and the Poetic License of Homebrewers

http://soldersmoke.blogspot.com/2021/09/the-hbr-13c-homebrew-receiver.html

I've been hanging out on 17 meters with my homebrew VXO-controlled BITX
transceiver.  The antenna is my 75 meter doublet fed with window line
through a homebrew tuner made from dead ( I swear) DX-40s and DX-60s. I can
tune it up just fine on 17 meters, but I realize I probably have lots of
nulls and lobes in the radiation pattern.  Apparently one of the lobes is
over my old stomping grounds in